Amari Rodgers working out at the UT Sports Complex

Why can’t we all just get along! 😂

It's simply not the VN way. Too many of us are stuck in the old time 1950 - early 60's cowboy bang-bang shoot 'em up TV lifestyle. We all haul mouth guns, and as a result, well.... We have a rather warped vision of what we tend to be a bit quick pulling the trigger. Noisy and rowdy, willing to dayum someone before saying howdy.

Have Gun Will Travel reads the card of a man.
A knight without armor in a savage land.
His fast gun for hire head's the calling wind.
A soldier of fortune is the man called Paladin.
Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin,
Far, far from home.

Sorry. The theme music to Paladin popped into my head when I read your post. Don't know why.

It's simply not the VN way. Too many of us are stuck in the old time 1950 - early 60's cowboy bang-bang shoot 'em up TV lifestyle. We all haul mouth guns, and as a result, well.... We have a rather warped vision of what we tend to be a bit quick pulling the trigger. Noisy and rowdy, willing to dayum someone before saying howdy.

Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin,
Far, far from home.

Sorry. The theme music to Paladin popped into my head when I read your post. Don't know why.
Why not?

Attachments

• Have Gun Will Travel.jpg
    Have Gun Will Travel.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1
I think it gives us a little bit of a bad look. Why would Rodgers need to use our facilities? Clemson has great facilities. So he just had to work out while visiting his dad in Knoxville? Tee should not have allowed it to happen. You think Saban would have allowed it? While its really not that big of a deal, it should have never happened. Tee should have known better.

Clemson does have great facilities, that's kinda the point. He could have worked out at his school, but instead used the one that is located at UT. I look at it, that he probably wanted his dad's input and a chance to spend time with him and family. Kills two birds with one stone. This theory does go against the narrative that father and son have a disjointed relationship, due to Tee choosing to work on west coast and not being around to help raise him. Who really knows what Saban allows or doesn't? I bet if this was a bammer site, we would know. Agree to disagree?

Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin,
Far, far from home.

You win this thread.. Cudos for the Paladin tribute..

Reactions: feathersax
I take it as a compliment. World class receiver from national championship team uses our facilities because they are worthy, possibly better than Clemson facilities. Perhaps our guys spend some time around him to pick up the skills and mindset?

A kid working out with his father, a kid who is on the roster of a team we don't even play. What's the big deal ? Geez ... it's not like Tua or Fromm are working out on a power T field.
Can my dad and I go train there? I'm not on a roster of an opposing team. At least we went to a TN school.

Before you all started trying to out-pee each other... did anyone mention that this could be some kind of NCAA violation?

I take it as a compliment. World class receiver from national championship team uses our facilities because they are worthy, possibly better than Clemson facilities. Perhaps our guys spend some time around him to pick up the skills and mindset?
I highly doubt our facilities are as good as Clemson's. they have the best in the country as of right now

Lol @ all the clowns yelling at people who are "raising hell" and "have their panties in a wad." Like two dudes said they don't like it, NOBODY has raised hell about it. People are capable of not liking things without getting their panties in a wad. You forum police need to stfu imo. Let people talk about things they don't like, why do y'all care so much?
Panties wadded.

In an alternate universe where we don’t fire Fulmer, Rodgers is a Vol....

Along with Etienne. Along with Tee Higgins. Along with that QB. Along with that starting lineman from Knoxville that went to UGA.

In an alternate universe where we don’t fire Fulmer, Rodgers is a Vol....

Along with Etienne. Along with Tee Higgins. Along with that QB. Along with that starting lineman from Knoxville that went to UGA.
Why is Travis Etienne mixed in with the others? Never committed to us...never a strong lean.

Good grief people get all bent out of shape way too easy. Tee is a Championship qb and now a coach for our university and a dang good one at that. He probably didnt encourage him to commit here under the previous staff and I dont blame him. The fact is that Tee has came back to help get us back to an elite level and if he wants to allow his son to come work out with him then what is the big deal. You all act like you wouldn't do the same for your son. I know I would. If I had an opportunity to help better them then I take full advantage of it. Social media has made a lot of weak men these days.
Tee came back to get a pay check because his cocky ass was fired for sucking so bad at USC. Remember the other snubs? Hell, this is the same son that didn’t even play for his dad after committing to him. Spare me the hokey “ Tee came home” BS. His child can go work out at the Y.

Last edited:
Reactions: garbear
I didn't read through the entire thread, but; 2 things that bug me about this are: Why is it OK for an "elite athlete" from another team to train at TN's facilities with one of our coaches while our players have to wait and can't train or practice with said coach(es). If he was training with his coaches at Clemson, would that be a violation? Just curious!

VN Store

Back