Amari Rodgers working out at the UT Sports Complex

That’s just stupid. His dad is a coach at Tennessee, let him work out with his dad at Tennessee. Anybody saying otherwise is being dumb and petty. If he went to a rival SEC school then maybe it’s not a good look, but he doesn’t. So nobody should be saying stupid, disrespectful stuff to him or his father about, especially when the AD and head coach don’t seem to have a problem with it.

Show some class and respect, this ain’t a big deal and makes Tennessee fans look dumb as hell to be bitching about it. To say that we should have other things to complain about as Tennessee football fans is possibly the biggest understatement of all time.
If only you showed this much concern about class and respect when discussing actual UT players.

How does not liking the fact that he is able to use UT football facilities equal to showing class and respect and saying disrespectful stuff to him? Y’all freaking out over nothing lol
I’m not the one freaking out...I’m responding to the idiots who are freaking out that our Wr/Assistant Head Coach’s son, who also happens to be an all-time great Vol player who’s partially responsible for Tennessee being able to eventually build those facilities over there, is using our facility for an off-season workout with his father.

Also recall that we allow players from all over the region (Carson-Newman, ETSU, UTC, etc) to use our facilities to participate in UT’s Pro Day. So, we’re good with complete strangers taking time and attention away from our players, on our practice facility on what is undoubtedly one of most important days of their lives....but we’re publicly crying about Tee Martin and his son quietly working out there in the off season? Jeez, you can’t make this stuff up.

Anybody complaining about this looks small and petty imo. As a matter of fact, it’s nobody’s business outside of AD Fulmer, Head Coach Pruitt and Tee and Amari.

I’m not the one freaking out...I’m responding to the idiots who are freaking out that our Wr/Assistant Head Coach’s son, who also happens to be an all-time great Vol player who’s partially responsible for Tennessee being able to eventually build those facilities over there, is using our facility for an off-season workout with his father.

Also recall that we allow players from all over the region (Carson-Newman, ETSU, UTC, etc) to use our facilities to participate in UT’s Pro Day. So, we’re good with complete strangers taking time and attention away from our players, on our practice facility on what is undoubtedly one of most important days of their lives....but we’re publicly crying about Tee Martin and his son quietly working out there in the off season? Jeez, you can’t make this stuff up.

Anybody complaining about this looks small and petty imo. As a matter of fact, it’s nobody’s business outside of AD Fulmer, Head Coach Pruitt and Tee and Amari.
Nah, you ain’t freakin out lol :)

If only you showed this much concern about class and respect when discussing actual UT players.
I have respect for our coaches and players, but I’m not gonna lie about how good/successful they are. If they’re bad and are likely to lose, I’m gonna come on here honestly and say they’re bad and very likely to lose.

And if you’re going here now, trying to make this point, then you know you’ve lost the argument. Appreciate the concession.

I have respect for our coaches and players, but I’m not gonna lie about how good/successful they are. If they’re bad and are likely to lose, I’m gonna come on here honestly and say they’re bad and very likely to lose.

And if you’re going here now, trying to make this point, then you know you’ve lost the argument. Appreciate the concession.
Says the guy name calling and completely freaking out that anyone would dare have a different opinion. You're being very small and petty

Nah, you ain’t freakin out lol :)
I’m sitting here minding my own business reading about and listening to people bitch and moan that one of our all-time great players and now current coach’s son shouldn’t be allowed to workout on Tennessee's campus because he plays for another (non-SEC) school and chose (rightfully by the way), to not come play for Butch Jones so he could be a part of what was clearly a dumpster fire/4 win program.

All I’ve done is calmly respond and call people out for acting small, petty and foolishly about it. I’ve simply responded to the people who are actually freaking out about it. Surely you see the difference.

I’m sitting here minding my own business reading about and listening to people bitch and moan that one of our all-time great players and now current coach’s son shouldn’t be allowed to workout on Tennessee's campus because he plays for another (non-SEC) school and chose (rightfully by the way), to not come play for Butch Jones so he could be a part of what was clearly a dumpster fire/4 win program.

All I’ve done is calmly respond and call people out for acting small, petty and foolishly about it. I’ve simply responded to the people who are actually freaking out about it. Surely you see the difference.
There, there :)

Says the guy name calling and completely freaking out that anyone would dare have a different opinion. You're being very small and petty
Tell you what, you stick firmly to your position that Tee’s son shouldn’t be allowed to work out with his father on our campus, that it’s wrong ....I’ll stick to the idea that it’s a class move and fully appropriate for Fulmer and Pruitt to allow it and clearly have no problem with it.

I tend to be prone to freak outs but this doesn't bother me. Maybe I'm just not understanding this issue. Do people have an issue with it simply because we wanted him and he didn't come here or just because he's a player on another team?
It doesn’t bother me really, but I get why it does some. At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter. The people who are largely up in arms about it are the same who flipped out when Pruitt stayed at bammer to coach in the title game. Some just look at UTs interest being far and above anything and everything else.

Reactions: KBVol
Some of you guys need to relax. The same ones getting upset over this would have your bowels all tore up if one of our players was working out at another schools gym.

Reactions: butchna and Fore
It doesn’t bother me really, but I get why it does some. At the end of the day it really doesn’t matter. The people who are largely up in arms about it are the same who flipped out when Pruitt stayed at bammer to coach in the title game. Some just look at UTs interest being far and above anything and everything else.
I understood the Pruitt thing, though, simply because that impacted when he would arrive and start working at Tennessee.

I tend to be prone to freak outs but this doesn't bother me. Maybe I'm just not understanding this issue. Do people have an issue with it simply because we wanted him and he didn't come here or just because he's a player on another team?

Both.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is kind of a thing if UT students aren't allowed to use the facilities and yet a student from another school IS allowed because his dad is part of the football program. Not a BIG thing....but a thing. I see both sides of this. On another level the fact he turned us down should itself bar him from taking advantage of our facilities. He made his choice. Go work out at Clemson you love it so damn much.

So if Jim Chaney had a son who was a kicker for Carson Newman, would people be outraged if he was spotted kicking a couple field goals at the complex, in February?
IF.... we had offered him and he turned us down to play there...then comes here and says "Hey...I know I turned you down and hurt your program by discouraging other kids from coming here...but I need to work on my kicking skills. Carson Newman has a big season coming up...so you know. Also my dad is kind of a big deal here now. Thanks". Yes...I think that wouldn't be right.

`
So if Jim Chaney had a son who was a kicker for Carson Newman, would people be outraged if he was spotted kicking a couple field goals at the complex, in February?
Nope and I'm not upset over Rogers either. No one else should be either. This has to be one the stupider threads on VN.

Reactions: Sara Clark
IF.... we had offered him and he turned us down to play there...then comes here and says "Hey...I know I turned you down and hurt your program by discouraging other kids from coming here...but I need to work on my kicking skills. Carson Newman has a big season coming up...so you know. Also my dad is kind of a big deal here now. Thanks". Yes...I think that wouldn't be right.
I gotcha, just trying to understand the motives here. So it’s just limited to players who turned us down?

What was the story on discouraging others from coming here? Link? I have a short memory. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back