Am I the only one that believes we got a shot?

#34 might not be cause for celebration, but remember our ranking when the season started. Remember it during the past few years. The team is moving in the right direction. It definitely has a shot to win respect in SEC's middle tier, this year.
34 Tennessee Volunteers (3-2)
Last Week’s Ranking: 62
Week 5: Tennessee 62, Missouri 24
Week 6 Opponent: South Carolina

This season should be thought of in waves ... we are going to be on top of the wave a few times (and it will be glorious) and and in the trough some times (pit of despair for the nega's).
But in no sense should we be thinking of this season as riding on the top of the tsunami wave. We have 70 players (I decremented by one because K'Rojhn Calbert is out for the year.
Realistically, if you count Marley (hand injury) and Bell (who is rehabbing ACL) you could call it 68. Anyone? Anyone?

Pull back on the reins on our expectations, before that horse tosses the bit!
I'll opine that 6 wins is possible if we win this weekend. (I expect a 52 - 24 win. So, yes I am optimistic.)
I'll be ecstatic, if we are able to sneak up on and subdue Ole Miss in the dead of night - in our black ninja unis!!!
I'll be shocked if we can beat KY ... it is the game after a punishingly physical game with Ala AND it is on the road. I would feel more optimistic about the Kentucky game if we played all walk-ons against Alabama and rested everyone else for the stretch run ... but I do not see that happening. The one glimmer of hope is we have two weeks between Ala and Ky.

For those on a Missouri high ... enjoy the blue sky while it lasts.

We have a shot to win 8 regular season games this year with what I've seen. That would land us in a respectable bowl against a quality opponent. That being said, let's take care of USCjr first and foremost. I don't think very many were expecting the offensive performance from TN we saw this past Saturday. It is clear who our QB is now! I want to see the same fire this Saturday against USCjr and light em up. Play disciplined and avoid stupid penalties and we'll be 4-2.

Go VOLS!
Do you think this team is capable of beating Ole Miss? If the Tennessee team that showed up against Missouri and the Ole Miss team that showed up against Bama are there that day, I definitely take Vols. You know Kiffin will coach his arse off to beat us.

VN Store

Back