Alontae Taylor opting out of the bowl

Based on the reactions after the game, the numerous amout of threads, and the number of Vol fans in attendance, these games are not meaningless
In the long term they are. If they were meaningful players wouldn’t be opting out.
Look at the playoff games, multiple NFL 1st round picks playing

It's his life
Exactly. He has a career ahead of him and is thinking of family first. I am very ok that he is trying to get healthy to ensure he puts his best foot forward for the upcoming Pro Days and workouts. He has been playing hurt. Would I have loved him to play sure, but he needs to also play the long game as it is his life to live.

I just don't how these players love the game, give their all, etc, but don't want to play in a bowl game, their last ever. Especially for Taylor who hasn't had anything to play for in his career. And it would be different if I thought my team would win without me.

Shows a lack of character to abandon your teammates when this game could help the program move forward with a win. I wish him well in the future but its disappointing to see him not step up. The lack of loyalty will come back to bite him eventually.
It’s his decision not yours bud. If anything him sitting out showed how good he was and made him a lot more money. Our DB’s looked atrocious without him. Says a lot for his presents on the field.

Reactions: 007Racer
Shows a lack of character to abandon your teammates when this game could help the program move forward with a win. I wish him well in the future but its disappointing to see him not step up. The lack of loyalty will come back to bite him eventually.
the idiots on volnation, whom never attended a university of Tennessee school, are the gatekeepers of the VFLs.

I just don't how these players love the game, give their all, etc, but don't want to play in a bowl game, their last ever. Especially for Taylor who hasn't had anything to play for in his career. And it would be different if I thought my team would win without me.
$$$$$$$$ dude!!! You have never been in that position!! So you don’t know. Ik where your coming from but you have to in-depth e other side. It doesn’t take but one play to get hurt. AT is not a player that was dominant and is garanteed an NFL career! He has to put up some impressive combine work to get drafted in a decent round. If he gets hurt first okay or first quarter then what was it for? You and your piece of mind? Hell no man! Take ur fandom out of it for a min and be realistic

If it’s the playoffs I would care, if he can get drafted it does more for the program and his family to get healthy and go pro.

He played his ass off here so forgive me if he decided to focus on his future instead of a mostly meaningless bowl game. That said, I applaud players in same position that did play for their school.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We should definitely put a hit out on him, or frame him for murder, drugs, or both!

Wonder if Justin Shorter wishes he would have "abandoned" his team

VN Store

Back