ALMOST GAME TIME

Fadeproof

Resident Dawg Genius
This week has been way to loooooong. Well we are 1 day away from kickoff and I just wanted to wish everyone a good safe week-end and thanks for the warm welcome. Any last minute predictions?

GooooooOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!! SIC EM WOOF WOOF WOOF

I predict the Vols will run the ball and run the ball some more. Even if the results are not good, they will definately run more than last week. Look for around 170 yds total for the game. The average may not be pretty, but they'll get the yards over the course of the whole game.

I also predict less audibles from the sideline. That seemed to play right into the defense against Auburn last week. The more simple the offense is, the less opportunities there will be to make mistakes. Maybe 170 yds passing from the Vols.

The Vols will not go man-to-man in coverage. I think LSU shows that may not be the wisest move against Greene and Co. Greene will still get about 250 yds.

Georgia will have moderate success running the ball, just like the Vols last couple of opponents. Dawgs might get around 150 yds total for the game.

Georgia will have about 400 yds of offense, the Vols ~340 yds. The difference in the game will come down to field position, kicking, and turnovers. I give the Vols the edge in punting, the Dawgs the edge in field goals, and we'll have to watch the game to see which team turns the ball over the most.

It should be a good game. Minus last year, the games have always been fun to watch between these two teams.

Depending on how much they run the ball, I think the prediction for 170 rushing might be a little high, maybe not, but I look more for something in the 140 range. I think that a lot will depend on whether or not Georgia can get an early lead and take UT away from their gameplan. Either way, I see Georgia winning by a touchdown in the end.

When Georgia has the ball:

GA Scoring offense: 31.5
TN Scoring defense: 24.0

GA Pass offense: 219.5
TN Pass defense: 244.2

GA Pass efficiency offense: 136.0
TN Pass efficiency defense: 143.6

GA Rush offense: 178.0
TN Rush defense: 128.2

GA Total offense: 397.5
TN Total defense: 372.5

GA Passing
David Greene 55-of-101 for 755 yds, 8 tds, 1 int
DJ Shockley 6-of-16 for 123 yds, 0 tds, 0 int

GA Rushing
Danny Ware 48 att, 285 yds (5.9 avg; 95.0 ypg) 3 tds
Thomas Brown 36 att, 181 yds (5.0 avg; 60.3 ypg) 2 tds

GA Receiving
Reggie Brown 17 rec, 308 yds, 4 tds
Fred Gibson 17 rec, 248 yds, 2 tds

When Tennessee has the ball:

TN Scoring offense: 31.0
GA Scoring defense: 15.8

TN Pass offense: 226.8
GA Pass defense: 156.0

TN Pass efficiency offense: 140.7
GA Pass efficiency defense: 124.3

TN Rush offense: 224.2
GA Rush defense: 117.8

TN Total offense: 451.0
GA Total defense: 273.8

TN Passing
Erik Ainge 53-of-91 for 681 yds, 9 tds, 5 int
Brent Shaeffer 14-of-26 for 226 yds, 2 tds, 2 int

TN Rushing
Cedric Houston 52 att, 365 yds (7.0 avg; 91.2 ypg) 2 tds
Gerald Riggs 51 att, 301 yds (5.9 avg; 75.2 ypg) 1 td

TN Receiving
Chris Hannon 12 rec, 135 yds, 0 tds
Tony Brown 10 rec, 134 yds, 1 tds
Bret Smith 8 rec, 153 yds, 3 tds
C.J. Fayton 7 rec, 113 yds, 2 tds
Jayson Swain 7 rec, 111 yds, 1 tds

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Oct 8, 2004 8:57 AM
Any last minute predictions?

Vols pull off the upset and stun the dawgs. Georgia never recovers from the shock and loses two more games.

:lol:

I'm not going to predict anything after last weeks performance.I would like to see the Vols in an upset over Georgia.If the Dawgs get an early lead I only hope our guys don't let that put them down.We need those guys that have played alot to step up and get this team pumped.Anyway,Fadeproof it was a pleasure having you join our forums this past week.I apologize for my lousy greeting when you first came in but the avatar threw me off.It's good to see there are some nice Georgia fans,I just haven't met many of them.Your welcome here anytime Fade.Goodluck this Saturday.Go Volssssssssssss.

Thanks Givehim-6. Good luck to you as well. I will be back on Mon to discuss the outcome.

GoooooOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!! SIC EM :machinegun: :machinegun:

FROM ALL VOL:

I predict the Vols will run the ball and run the ball some more. Even if the results are not good, they will definately run more than last week. Look for around 170 yds total for the game. The average may not be pretty, but they'll get the yards over the course of the whole game.

GEORGIA IS 4TH IN THE SEC ALLOWING 114 YPG RUSHING, AND THATS AFTER ALLOWING 294 YARDS IN THE OPENER (DON’T WET YOUR ORANGE DIAPERS, ODEL THURMAN WAS ABSENT).

I also predict less audibles from the sideline. That seemed to play right into the defense against Auburn last week. The more simple the offense is, the less opportunities there will be to make mistakes. Maybe 170 yds passing from the Vols.

GEORGIA ALLOWING 156 PER GAME AND THATS WITH EVERYBODY TRYING TO CATCH UP AND PASSING.

PERSONAL NOTE: SOME IDIOT WAS ARGUING THAT TN DIDNT LEAD THE CONFERENCE IN PENALTIES. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. SECSPORTS.COM SAYS THAT BIG OL ORANGE HAS 35 PENALTIES THROUGH 4 GAMES -TOPS IN THE SEC.

SEE HERE IS THE PROBLEM VOIL FANS. U QUOTE SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN HERE AND YOUR FRIENDS WILL NOT GO CHECK IT AND IT BECOMES FOLKLORE. I ON THE OTHER HAND, BEING THE TRUTHTELLER AND ALL, WILL GO CHECK, HAPPY TO PROVE YOU IGNORANT AND WRONG WHEN YOU SET YOURSELF UP FOR A KILL LIKE THAT BY ((((LYING)))) IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The Vols will not go man-to-man in coverage. I think LSU shows that may not be the wisest move against Greene and Co. Greene will still get about 250 yds.

REALLY, IS THAT ALL, BECAUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BARRELL- THE WORST OF THE WORST IN PASS DEFENSE - THE OL BIG ORANGE. (even with all those 20 and 40 something high school picks) HUH? GO FIGURE

Georgia will have moderate success running the ball, just like the Vols last couple of opponents. Dawgs might get around 150 yds total for the game.

WARE BY HIMSELF, AVERAGES 122 PER GAME WHEN HES BEEN ABLE TO PLAY A FULL GAME. MAYBE # 4 HIGHSCHOOL TAILBACK FRESHMAN SENSATION THOMAS BROWN CAN GET 29 YARDS FOR RICHT.

Georgia will have about 400 yds of offense, the Vols ~340 yds. The difference in the game will come down to field position, kicking, and turnovers. I give the Vols the edge in punting, the Dawgs the edge in field goals, and we'll have to watch the game to see which team turns the ball over the most.

400 HUH, SO THEY WILL BE OFF THEIR AVERAGE AGAINST THE NUMBER 10 DEFENSE IN THE SEC? HUH! REALLY

NOTE: YOU KNOW WHAT - VANDY HAS A BETTER DEFENSE! HUH! GO FIGURE!

EVEN WITH THESE FANTASY NUMBERS YOU HOPE FOR, IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOSS –

HUH ! GO FIGURE !

Originally posted by TruthTeller@Oct 8, 2004 5:50 PM

EVEN WITH THESE FANTASY NUMBERS YOU HOPE FOR, IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOSS –

HUH ! GO FIGURE !

Truthteller, if you come in here tomorrow after we lose to Georgia spouting all your crap, I will request that you be banned, or at least suspended from this board. Your lack of respect for the members of this board and our team is really starting to bug me and I don't get bugged very easily. The number one rule of internet "nettiquette" is TO TURN THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON OFF BECAUSE IT IS VERY ANNOYING!!!! You don't even have the guts to tell which team you support and make no attempt whatsoever to contribute anything positive to this board. You are dispensible and you HAVE been warned.

I read a thread here somewhere about a vol LB saying we'll see em again (Auburn). we'll heres your chance...Im making no predictions after the Auburn game crow pie is neither delicious nor nutricious. I hope the Vols can take this one and meet Auburn again...if for no other reason than to imagine the Vols captains at coin toss say we want our respect......and the dawgs capatains say come get it then.....and the Vols go get it :thumbsup:

Fade, it has been an honor to have you here. But the fun doesn't stop with this game, so don't disappear on us.

VN Store

Back