Allan Houston or Dale Ellis?

Can someone remind me who the other coach was that wanted to come to Tennessee but Lamar Alexander wanted Wade?

Dickey wanted Pat Kennedy but PK turned TN down. Then Wade and Leonard Hamilton were next up and Lamar forced DD to hire Wade. I remember the local news had a clip of Hamilton arriving in Knoxville walking through the airport.

Dickey wanted Pat Kennedy but PK turned TN down. Then Wade and Leonard Hamilton were next up and Lamar forced DD to hire Wade. I remember the local news had a clip of Hamilton arriving in Knoxville walking through the airport.
Didnt know about Kennedy. Hamilton is who I was thinking of. Thanks

Who you taking between these two Vol greats?

Not old enough to have watched Dale Ellis at Tennessee, but as pros I think it's a dead ass tie. They're basically the same player. Good wing scorers/shooters and didn't do a whole lot else.

My pal was in a PE course with Ellis at Tennessee and he said he was the best at everything, it didn't matter what they played. He'd be crushing fools at badminton.

Allan Houston. My favorite Vol ever. He was so smooth. Best looking shot I’ve ever seen.

Ellis was great, but he didn’t develop that outside shot until he got to the NBA, so he and Houston were very different types of player in college.
Houston was nowhere near the gamer as Ellis. Ellis literally carried the Vols on his back his junior and senior seasons

Houston had such poor coaching and such a terrible roster around him it was a testament to his ability that UT had winning seasons with him. 5 wins after he left shows that.

Reactions: SlyStone
Houston had such poor coaching and such a terrible roster around him it was a testament to his ability that UT had winning seasons with him. 5 wins after he left shows that.
The biggest reason Houston even came to UT was because of the coaching…

VN Store

Back