All you Leach fans, he put a "fat, dumb, happy and entitled" team on the field in a loss to Utah yesterday

“That’s no better than taking a chance”

Last 3 coaching hires- Dooley, Butch, and a guy who’s never been a head coach before

Exactly. Leach in my opinion is no better than those 3. So why would you hand out millions, pay out Pruitt and others just for that

Exactly. Leach in my opinion is no better than those 3. So why would you hand out millions, pay out Pruitt and others just for that
I never said that. Hopefully I’m wrong, but personally speaking I would’ve rather have had Leach instead of Pruitt in the first place. It’s too late to try it now so I’m praying Pruitt comes through.

I never said that. Hopefully I’m wrong, but personally speaking I would’ve rather have had Leach instead of Pruitt in the first place. It’s too late to try it now so I’m praying Pruitt comes through.

That’s the grand haul around here though.

He’ll magically come in and save the day. Aside from his last D coordinator he’s been less than average. Take into account that Georgia, Florida, and Alabama ain’t slowing down recruiting so the boat race scores will be out of hand before the Offense got going if at all.

Leach fired
Program set back
So again what’s the point?

Reactions: OEF VOL and butchna
At the time I was so desperate I would have embraced the Leach hire. But in reality as a head coach he's a gimmick. Gimmicks belong at certain schools, like Washington State, but they don't belong at a traditional powerhouse program. There is no doubt we would've had some fun with him. But there would've been just as many moments of torment as joy.

"The postgame outburst was similar to the last time his Cougars lost to Utah in 2012. WSU fell 49-6 that day, and Leach sent his entire offensive line to the postgame news conference to answer questions."

How can you not love this guy? He's such a character.

I'll agree, once Pruitt loses a 36 point, 3rd quarter lead to 0-4 UCLA. In year 7.

And then Pruitt follows it up with a blowout loss to a new P5 expansion team. In year 7.

And then, after the best year in program history. Assembles the 61st ranked recruiting class. In year 7.

And has a black cloud over his entire persona for previous abusive behavior and being embarrassingly odd.

When Pruitt accomplishes all of that, I'll be able to forget about his top ranked defenses, national title rings at multiple stops, and blue chip recruiting success.
Right now I just want to get to where we can score 36 on a Power 5 school. Then we can move to leading by 36. After that I’ll worry about whether or not we can hold that lead. Something tells me we won’t see a 36-point lead on a P5 school under Pruitt but I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Mike Leach is an excellent coach. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a bit delusional. Same people that hated on Dan Mullen for never going undefeated at MSU. Lmao
Mullen at Miss St is more impressive than Leach at either Texas Tech or Wash St.

“...Collectively soft.”

I have no problem with anything he said. He’s got a point, it is largely the same team as last year ...

Context is everything imo.

“...Collectively soft.”

I have no problem with anything he said. He’s got a point, it is largely the same team as last year ...

Context is everything imo.
I think the issue is that this is definitely his team. So his team is collectively soft.

Lol, we’ll at least they know how to line up.
Would you rather have Butchs soft boys, or Pruitt's dumb ones?

Personally after watching Richmond play at USC it makes me realize that coaching may not solve base issues. Richmond has had three different coaching staffs and he still has the same basic problem of false starts and dumb penalties.

So is the issue the loss or what he said?

I see nothing wrong with his comments.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we go after Leach now (eg. fire Pruitt to hire Leach). Some of us still wish we'd had hired him INSTEAD OF Pruitt. I still feel that way.

Since 2012 he’s 52-42 at a program that was 9-40 the 4 years before he got there.

Any coach who posted a .587 winning percentage at UT would be fired well before seven years.

I have no idea if he is "better than Pruitt" but he definitely wouldn't cut it on The Hill with a .587. He'd be another name on the ex-coach list.

A three-time Poulan Weedeater Bowl champion is not really the upgrade most are looking for.

Any coach who posted a .587 winning percentage at UT would be fired well before seven years.

I have no idea if he is "better than Pruitt" but he definitely wouldn't cut it on The Hill with a .587. He'd be another name on the ex-coach list.
Context is important. It’s a moot point regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: volinbham
The speed he threw his entire team under the bus was amazing. You wouldn't know it was bothering him during the game. So, we are to assume all this "entitlement" and "laziness" wasn't clearly seen in practice, days earlier? His job was to make sure his team was eating the "rat poison." Bad Pirate!

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
UCLA loses to Oregon State. It’s very possible that they will go 1-11 with their only win against Leach.

Reactions: vols40
I do not understand the love affair with Leach. Plenty of great coaches out there to choose from. Tenn certainly can draw a stronger candidate than Leach.

Leach will have some success for sure, but as a long term top 10 program builder he's just not the guy.

Bump for 3rd loss in a row for the genius pirate. Has his schtick ran it's course for the cougars and their 30 k fans?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
it's definitely about time for him to do another interview talking about the Tennessee job as he reminisces about what could have been. On an Arkansas board last night they were pining for Mike Leach. Even now.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back