All Time NBA Players Thread - No Jordan vs. Lebron Debate Allowed

He just needed to be bailed out by Otto Porter and Andrew Wiggins to get by the Grizzlies without Ja Morant.

GTFO with steph curry takes

LOL. How is it that we're back here with Klay as a shell of his former self and Curry and Draymond are so overrated? It's weird that this keeps happening, right? 4 western titles without KD.

LOL. How is it that we're back here with Klay as a shell of his former self and Curry and Draymond are so overrated? It's weird that this keeps happening, right? 4 western titles without KD.

Thanks to Kawhi’s ankle on a dirty play by Zara and Chris Paul’s hamstring exploding as well.

Boy that 2021 when he was the lone superstar really showed us how much better than KD is when he won (check notes) zero playoff games.

KD is literally better at everything than Curry except 3 point shooter, and KD is the greatest 6’10 or taller shooter, so…

Thanks to Kawhi’s ankle on a dirty play by Zara and Chris Paul’s hamstring exploding as well.

And yet they closed out the Rockets the next year with Chris Paul and no KD.

You really think the Spurs would have beat that 2017 team (which doesn't count as the 4 without KD)? Doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:
KD is literally better at everything than Curry except 3 point shooter, and KD is the greatest 6’10 or taller shooter, so…

KD is a better player. "Better" and "greater" are two completely different things. KD is arguably the best realized talent in NBA history, and Curry is not even on the fringes of that conversation. But greatness is about your resume, not how good you are at basketball in a vacuum.

I’m not arguing on the internet with anyone who thinks steph curry is better than Kevin Durant

Durant is better, greater, grander.. whatever word you want to use.. than curry.

Look at what Steph built this last decade. How can you say a dude who has 1 finals appearances without Steph is greater than him? You might as well say accomplishments don't matter to the conversation, which is the entire point of the conversation to me.

The crazy thing is this could keep going. If both squads are relatively healthy next year, it's easy to see GSW back here and not so easy to see the Nets getting to the finals.

Look at what Steph built this last decade. How can you say a dude who has 1 finals appearances without Steph is greater than him? You might as well say accomplishments don't matter to the conversation, which is the entire point of the conversation to me.

The crazy thing is this could keep going. If both squads are relatively healthy next year, it's easy to see GSW back here and not so easy to see the Nets getting to the finals.
1653347929648.jpeg

Maybe KD doesn’t fit as well in the team construct. 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe it’s his teammates.

I think he fits in fine with any team. A few reasons I think he hasn't had more success:

- personal injury
- covid/injury to teammates
- Westbrook (although I think he deserves some blame for being too passive with Westbrook)
- I am not sure an offensive system being built around him is the best winning formula. It seems like the system should be built around the other star(s) and you'll get more out of the supporting cast. You'll get MVP level out of Durant no matter what, so just let him blend in.
- he's always played in a competitive conference

Since this is a what if exercise, is Steph moving to the Finals if Conley’s face wasn’t smashed?

Yes. The last 3 games of thay series were ass beatings, 2 of which were at home. Might have been GSW in 7 but yeah, that series was over once they realized TA couldn't play on that hammy...

5/17 and 15 points. I don’t think anyone has ever had a better game

But gravity....even when he misses he has immense value. It's not like Harden or KD going 5 for 17 because he has everybody on D in a collective panic the entire game. You can't just put Grant Williams on him and send some help here and there. It's all hands on deck.

Reactions: SamRebel35

VN Store

Back