All time defensive line

I went back and forth on Henderson and Haynesworth, so I went with the more productive of the two.

I went back and forth on Henderson and Haynesworth, so I went with the more productive of the two.

Insane to think we had the two together and Overstreet with them at DE. Was that the 01 team? The one Fulmer said was a better team than 98?

Insane to think we had the two together and Overstreet with them at DE. Was that the 01 team? The one Fulmer said was a better team than 98?

Yep. That was the best defensive front Ive ever seen at UT. In 09 or 10' someone asked Saban about the most talented SEC team he had ever seen. They were baiting him for a UF v AU v UA, who were all strong whenever it was. Saban said 01' Vols. I can't argue with him. Our secondary was average, but that team was stacked. 01' SECCG is the sickest loss in Vol history for me.

Atkins, White, Henderson, and DB at the other end...and take my chances.

And OP, well done! This is the stuff the offseason should be about! :good!:

Reactions: 4 people
Reggie White, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, Derek Barnett

2nd Team: Will Overstreet, Shaun Ellis, Doug Atkins, Little (DE/LB)

You could throw Malik Jackson in if you include his NFL success but he wasn't a standout at UT.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Yep. That was the best defensive front Ive ever seen at UT. In 09 or 10' someone asked Saban about the most talented SEC team he had ever seen. They were baiting him for a UF v AU v UA, who were all strong whenever it was. Saban said 01' Vols. I can't argue with him. Our secondary was average, but that team was stacked. 01' SECCG is the sickest loss in Vol history for me.

Is that the year Stephens catches a late screen pass against Georgia but we scored too quick and they came down to win?

Reactions: livefaith
We may have produced more great defensive linemen than any other position throughout the years. It's hard to pick four, but who would make up your line. I've got Atkins and Barnett at end and White and Henderson at tackle.

Bob Suffridge was the best Tennessee has ever had.The next four are listed above.

Reactions: mercuryvol
John Henderson, Doug Atkins, Lee Otis Burton, Reggie White.

Bonus: Jimmy Noonan at NG.

For you whippersnappers, I once saw Lee Otis Burton chase down a tailback who was running in the open field. He contracted some serious illness and never played his Jr and Sr years. Absolutely the best I've ever seen and I was around during the Reggie years.

Majors had put out a call one year for deep snappers and I was seriously considering it. Then I saw Noonan put FIVE opposing centers out during ONE game. I stuck with History.

Atkins, White, Henderson, and DB at the other end...and take my chances.

And OP, well done! This is the stuff the offseason should be about! :good!:

I was 10 to 12 when John Henderson was at UT. I was a huge fan and remember being mad at my school mates because none of them knew who he was

VN Store

Back