All the records the BasketVols broke this season

Huge Barnes supporter here, but this team didnt accomplish anything in the end. Poll rankings don’t matter. They won a lot of games, but not when it counted.

So bad it had to be posted twice
Huge Barnes supporter here, but this team didnt accomplish anything in the end. Poll rankings don’t matter. They won a lot of games, but not when it counted.

It would have been nice to be playing in the final four - but the reality this year appears that there were about 6 to 8 teams that were pretty much equal at the top. On any given night any of those teams could prevail and if they get a
hot player or a hot shooter they advanced. I think when the dust settles this will be our best team ever, and within shouting distance of the ultimate national champion. No explanation for some of the first half or second half lapses, but when
on - like we were in the second half against Purdue - this team could beat anyone.

Let's say Auburn ends up winning everything - Ky beat them 2 out of 3, we beat Ky 2 out of 3.

You can make a case that we were as good or better than Purdue who was as good or better than Virginia -
I just think that we were extremely close and a bad bounce or a bad call away.

Great, great season.

Actually this team accomplished a hell of a lot. They have improved from year to year. They have built a winning environment at TBA. Yeah im disappointed that we didnt win the regular season or conference tournament. But if you look at the big picture. Youve got to build the wall before you can paint it. This team has built that wall. Now recruiting is starting to look like it will stand for a while. The wall is going to be painted with much better talent from year to year. If all you people see is disappointment from the way the season ended. Let me.just say. Its better than ending with a losing record and a bunch of 2 stars is all that we can get to look our way. Brighter days are coming. Thank God i was born a Vol fan.

Last edited:
As to whether this team failed to accomplish anything, I would suggest waiting until things have been investigated at LSU.

VN Store

Back