All the media outlets act like the game wasn't played

Nothing on ESPN, nothing on Yahoo and the recap on ESPN felt like Kentucky won, and then Tennessee won the game at the end. This is pathetic, give this team their due.
One of the game commentators during the Nova vs Seton Hall game was going on about how UT was built to win a championship. Mentioned that they were tough, experienced and could shoot the ball.

Iā€™ll be the last one to defend ESPN, but I donā€™t think their lack of coverage was anything personal toward UT. If you notice, the depth and just pure volume of their online content has been steadily reduced in the last year. Relatedly, they had one of the most active fan forums out there for all sports, and that has been just about completely shut down. Itā€™s all about profitability. ESPN has made extensive cost reductions throughout the majority of their business operations over the last several years.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Gonzaga gets a 1 seed because it passes the ā€œeye testā€, but weak as schedule. They lost to TN, UNC and Saint Marys and play a high school schedule. UT has the better resume but no eye test, makes no sense. Why is Michigan state being mentioned as a possible 1 seed? They have some bad losses.

Reactions: Smokeyman
Gonzaga gets a 1 seed because it passes the ā€œeye testā€, but weak as schedule. They lost to TN, UNC and Saint Marys and play a high school schedule. UT has the better resume but no eye test, makes no sense. Why is Michigan state being mentioned as a possible 1 seed? They have some bad losses.

Iā€™ve always hated when people say well, so-and-so is better because of the ā€œeye test.ā€ What test? Whose eye? ā€œEye testā€ is just a fancy way of saying ā€œunjustified opinion.ā€

Lunardi said he has Tennessee a #2 Seed even if they win the SEC Tournament:rolleyes:
I donā€™t get how we are behind Gonzaga in the NET rankings and thatā€™s what theyā€™ll use to justify giving GU a 1 over us. Hereā€™s the problem I have. The NET ranking appear to give an edge to those who play an easier schedule. Offensive and defensive efficiency is included as is margin of victory. Yes the MoV is capped but you have 2 categories that will definitely be better for teams with an easy schedule. Who you play is a factor as well but does it weigh equally to those other categories? I have to think not when GU is ahead of us despite having 3 games against top 25 NET teams and being 1-2. We are 6-4 against the top 25. We also have played 21 games against top 100 and they are nowhere near that number at only 10. We played 10 top 25 games. Does anyone else understand it? I sure donā€™t. I do admit I donā€™t know exactly how the NET works yet so I may just not understand the formula but given we played a much tougher schedule that GU and only have one more loss something tells me I wonā€™t agree with it anyway. I get that it doesnā€™t factor in beating them but thatā€™s where the humans should come into play.

Last edited:
Nothing on ESPN, nothing on Yahoo and the recap on ESPN felt like Kentucky won, and then Tennessee won the game at the end. This is pathetic, give this team their due.

Sorry to ruin your narrative, but this thread destroys it.

You just didn't look but reacted immediately after the game. Try looking besides just jerking your knee next time... this applies to other things besides Tennessee sports as well.

Reactions: Jack Burton
just opened espn,,,,,Admiral is celebrating

This persecution complex does get old. Just keep winning. THWUK.

Incredible isnt' it? We talk about acting like we've been there before, but such a huge amount of crowing over beating UK. Yes, it was a great game, but it's just one game. It wasn't for the SEC championship. That game is a little less than 3 hours away. We lose that one and all this talk about respect and seeding means nothing. UK was just another game on the road to the goal of winning an SEC title. Hope this team is better at turning the page and focusing on what's really important. Beat Auburn. Beat Pearl. Let the committee do their thing. Won't really care what our seed is or where they send us. Just win this championship game. That's something WE control and no one can take it from us.

Literally just screamed at Jay Bilas on my TV. Completely non-sensical saying Tennessee beating Auburn today doesnā€™t make Tennessee better than Gonzaga. No, you idiot, Tennessee beating Gonzaga does. At least Lunardi was saying a win today moves us to a 1 seed.

The thing I was frustrated by during the game yesterday, was everytime UK made a bit of a run or made a decent play, the commentary leveled up. Like they were invested in them winning. "Like wow, that was the most fantastic baseline jumper I've ever seen ! This is so and so's coming out party" !

Take it from an older guy, it doesn't matter what the talking heads say, it doesn't matter if we are a #1, #2, #3, or #4. We are going to have to beat good teams to win, and if we do we still get the hardware. All that matters is that we get in the thing. GBO.

Tennessee being Tennessee opportunity lost.

Nailed it. Had sports world on verge of riding the Vol coattails then today the team realized it's UT where championships to to dry up and laid a smelly one. Now they will get the opposite of the praise from yesterday.

VN Store

Back