All-SEC Team

volfaninpa

Who you all got for All-SEC Team? SEC Coach of the Year? SEC Player of the Year?

You can put 10 guys on the team, dividing up a first and second team if you want, but not necessary. You don't have to have a certain number of positions either. Just, who you think have been the 10 best in the conference this season.

My team:
Grant Williams
Jordan Bone
Admiral Schofield
Tremont Waters
PJ Washington
Q. Weatherspoon
Breein Tyree
Chris Silva
Bryce Brown
Daniel Gafford

Coach of the Year: Kermit Davis

Player of the Year: Grant Williams

Kermit can't win COTY

He's going to Lose too many games down the stretch

You might be right. If they could upset UK tomorrow night and they end up in the top 4 in the league after being picked last, then I think he's a shoe-in.

With the FBI stuff, they aren't giving it to Will Wade.

It's kind of hard to give it to Barnes again if UT was picked 2nd in the league and they are currently in second.

Who would you say should be coach of the year if not Davis?

You might be right. If they could upset UK tomorrow night and they end up in the top 4 in the league after being picked last, then I think he's a shoe-in.

It's kind of hard to give it to Barnes again if UT was picked 2nd in the league and they are currently in second.

They are tied for first.

Agree about Wade and the FBI. I don't see a problem with giving it to Coach Barnes; UT was picked second but we weren't picked to be No. 1 for four weeks. Besides, Donovan won it three times in four years and Calipari has three of them as well so Barnes is it.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
They are tied for first.

If the season ended today, while they'd be tied, LSU would have the number 1 seed right?

They'd be co-champions, but UT would be the number 2 seed in the SEC tourney.

Fortunately, the season doesn't end today and UT fans will actually want Florida to win against LSU and UT win out.

Letā€™s tighten it up a bit. First team? Hereā€™s mine (not what I want, but what I expect):

Grant
Bone
Washington
Waters
Silva

Reactions: volfaninpa
Who you all got for All-SEC Team? SEC Coach of the Year? SEC Player of the Year?

You can put 10 guys on the team, dividing up a first and second team if you want, but not necessary. You don't have to have a certain number of positions either. Just, who you think have been the 10 best in the conference this season.

My team:
Grant Williams
Jordan Bone
Admiral Schofield
Tremont Waters
PJ Washington
Q. Weatherspoon
Breein Tyree
Chris Silva
Bryce Brown
Daniel Gafford

Mine would be similar, but I would replace Bryce Brown with Jared Harper, and Breein Tyree with Terrence Davis.

Harper is top-10 in the SEC in PPG and APG.

I could make a case for Tyree, but Davis has better overall numbers. He trails in PPG by 2.5, but averages more rebs, assists, and is a better defender.

Grant Williams - POY
Daniel Gafford
Terrence Davis
Tremont Waters
Jared Harper
PJ Washington
Admiral Schofield
Chris Silva
Jordan Bone
Quinndary Weatherspoon

Rick Barnes - COY (if we win out...otherwise I'd go with Wade)

Jordan Bowden - 6th MOY

Mine would be similar, but I would replace Bryce Brown with Jared Harper, and Breein Tyree with Terrence Davis.

Harper is top-10 in the SEC in PPG and APG.

I could make a case for Tyree, but Davis has better overall numbers. He trails in PPG by 2.5, but averages more rebs, assists, and is a better defender.

Grant Williams - POY
Daniel Gafford
Terrence Davis
Tremont Waters
Jared Harper
PJ Washington
Admiral Schofield
Chris Silva
Jordan Bone
Quinndary Weatherspoon

Rick Barnes - COY (if we win out...otherwise I'd go with Wade)

Jordan Bowden - 6th MOY

I wouldn't argue that group. I'm certainly for Barnes winning it!

Are there any other real 6th man possibilities? I honestly don't know of any other 6th men in the league.

I wouldn't argue that group. I'm certainly for Barnes winning it!

Are there any other real 6th man possibilities? I honestly don't know of any other 6th men in the league.
Not sure if Javonta Smart qualifies. I don't think he was a starter for LSU, but I could be wrong.

My team:
Grant Williams
Jordan Bone
Admiral Schofield
Tremont Waters
PJ Washington
Q. Weatherspoon
Breein Tyree
Chris Silva
Bryce Brown
Daniel Gafford

Where the heck is Travis Reid? Heā€™s worth 36 points a game!

My team:
Grant Williams
Jordan Bone
Admiral Schofield
Tremont Waters
PJ Washington
Q. Weatherspoon
Breein Tyree
Chris Silva
Bryce Brown
Daniel Gafford

Pretty accurate: 2019 SEC Men's Basketball Awards announced

Hell will freeze over before Ole Piss beats Kentucky

VN Store

Back