All of this Bowl game talk,

no-answer.gif

- Tennesseefan2019

Damn, that was brutal. Nice work!

different team, different season, different attitude...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MIZZOU AND VANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So then you agree your statement is not correct. In that case, we are not likely to WTFA?
Let's hope we beat the odds
No, the betting line is not like FPI which uses data related to the match up to predict the chance of winning. The betting line is a barometer of the opinnion of the betting public and adjusting the line is done to influence bets. Betting line is like asking people what they think the weather will be tomorrow, FPI is like a weatherman using radar and models on previous data to make a forcast.

No, the betting line is not like FPI which uses data related to the match up to predict the chance of winning. The betting line is a barometer of the opinnion of the betting public and adjusting the line is done to influence bets. Betting line is like asking people what they think the weather will be tomorrow, FPI is like a weatherman using radar and models on previous data to make a forcast.

firstly, that's a strawman, because i never once discussed the FPI or disagreed about the purpose of the betting line.
secondly, how do you reconcile these two statements:
1. 'Betting lines have nothing to do with chances of winning or losing.' 2. 'The real coelation between the betting line and chances of winning are, if the line favors one team it means that most people are betting on them and that concensus is usually correct in predicting the winner. '

they seem to contradict--the first one stating there's no correlation, and the second stating there is.

All of this Bowl Game talk has got me nervous. Its certainly bulletin board material for both of the final 2 opponents,
These are the same 2 teams that "smoked the Vols" last season with savage arse whoopins..
Lets win 2 before we speak of a third
I agree somewhat. While the 2 teams did boat race us, They both had NFL QBs on their rosters. Shurmur was the Vol killer in his career and Lock had unbelievable arm talent. The two teams coming up have no where near the talent at the QB position they had last year. That being said, they need to take care of business and get 6 Saturday so the pressure isnt on them in the last week of the season so they can play relaxed and crush Vandy.

firstly, that's a strawman, because i never once discussed the FPI or disagreed about the purpose of the betting line.
secondly, how do you reconcile these two statements:

they seem to contradict--the first one stating there's no correlation, and the second stating there is.
I never said you mentioned FPI, I was using it as an example of a vehicle that attempts data about the game to predict probability of winning or losing, where as betting line is people's thoughts about the game.
I now, conceed.

Reactions: goldvol
I never said you mentioned FPI, I was using it as an example of a vehicle that attempts data about the game to predict probability of winning or losing, where as betting line is people's thoughts about the game.
I now, conceed.
that has to be a first in volnation history. you are a bigger man than I

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If talking about it here makes a difference in the outcome of either game, they're already decided.

WGWYA Missouri and Vandy. Put that on your bullletin boards!!!
You have gotten militant here lately!

We did not have the depth of most teams. Missouri was a much better team than Tennessee last season. Vanderbilt was a very bad matchup for the Vols, Kyle Shurmur torched a secondary that was not very good.

Doesn't change the fact that TN had more talent than either. I doubt either of them had a win over a ranked team. There was no reason to foresee them as certain losses, and certainly not biblical whippings.

It was pathetic football. Bad effort and coaching does that.

Reactions: onevol74
Doesn't change the fact that TN had more talent than either. I doubt either of them had a win over a ranked team. There was no reason to foresee them as certain losses, and certainly not biblical whippings.

It was pathetic football. Bad effort and coaching does that.

Guess you forgot they beat Florida in Florida.

Tennessee will beat Missouri and Vanderbilt:cool: It would be nice if everyone could get behind the team and be optimistic for freaking once:rolleyes:
I don't think it's wise to say they will definitely beat Missouri. This team is not good enough to just assume any game as a win. If they do happen to lose to Missouri I'll be watching for you to come on here and eat crow. There's a big difference between being optimistic and believing they can win and guaranteeing a win. I guarantee Pruitt doesn't want to have that mindset with his players. Some teams feed better off doubters and the world is against them mentality. This just might be one of those teams.

All of this Bowl Game talk has got me nervous. Its certainly bulletin board material for both of the final 2 opponents,
These are the same 2 teams that "smoked the Vols" last season with savage arse whoopins..

You think those teams are printing out what fans, not players, say on a Vol message board about the Vols winning and using it as bulletin board material?

Fans can look ahead all they want, it has no relevance on how the team plays.

giphy.webp

Guess you forgot they beat Florida in Florida.

And we beat two ranked teams, one on the road; so?
As Pruitt said, we were outplayed and outcoached, which isn't being outmanned or any more beat up than the teams being played.

Mizzou looks at Tennessee as a gimme game, the last 2 have been blowouts and they feel this game will be no different

That assumes MO and Vandy players have nothing better to do than obsess about TN fans obsessing on forums.
The idea of bulletin board material inciting a team to rise and rape and pillage your own team is fan fantasy.

That said, UT will whip them both, win the SEC, the Natty, the NFC and the Super Bowl.

I think the Super Bowl is crazy talk and a Reach!

Reactions: NCFisher

VN Store

Back