All of this Bowl game talk,

Oklahoma will be better than Tennessee in 2020 and so will Alabama and Georgia. I think Tennessee can upset Florida in Knoxville in 2020.

It's interesting that you would say that, because I honestly don't feel that way right now. We could be vastly improved by the beginning of next season. I always have hope that we will improve and I never want to consider losing a foregone conclusion, no matter who we play.

To me that would be negative.

You guys realize Missouri is a 7 point FAVORITE, right? yeah, we could win the game, but historically we will win it only 30% of the time. Dont @ me

Oklahoma will be better than Tennessee in 2020 and so will Alabama and Georgia. I think Tennessee can upset Florida in Knoxville in 2020.
Agreed. We lose all of our senior talent mainly on defense, but also Jennings and Calloway 😥 The young guys will have more experience, but is that enough? Idk. I have no clue what fla's roster will look like next season.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
You guys realize Missouri is a 7 point FAVORITE, right? yeah, we could win the game, but historically we will win it only 30% of the time. Dont @ me
Betting lines have nothing to do with chances of winning or losing. The spread, currently 5 points most places is saying that more betting money is on Mizzou and giving points to UT betters prompts more to bet on UT. The book wants even money on both sides.
Having said that, WGWTFA.

The team already is optimistic but a good deal of the fans seem to be defeatist negavols

no-answer.gif

UAB could very well help Tennessee finish 2019 with a 1-11 record.

No,it's only going to get worse until Jeremy Pruitt is finally fired

Because of this poor head coaching hire by Phil Fulmer when Jeremy Pruitt is fired Phil Fulmer needs to be fired also.

(Ignont) It's a case of rats leaving a sinking ship

Fire Jeremy Pruitt and Phil Fulmer would be a fitting sign

And lots of teams stay total garbage and the head coach gets fired

I think you're wrong and Jeremy Pruitt will be canned because Tennessee only wins 1-2 games. I think then you could also see Tennessee AD Phil Fulmer fired early in 2020.

- Tennesseefan2019

Betting lines have nothing to do with chances of winning or losing. The spread, currently 5 points most places is saying that more betting money is on Mizzou and giving points to UT betters prompts more to bet on UT. The book wants even money on both sides.
Having said that, WGWTFA.

Incorrect on the bolded part, sir. One betting line doesn't have to do with chances of winning. 580 betting lines dating back to 2003 give a pretty good sample size on the probability given the closing line. (Edit: the 580 sample size is only the size of games that had exactly 7 point spreads; the total sample size of all games is more than 10,000) The odds of winning follow the same general path of the closing line. at 5 points, we improve to about 39% to win. Of course I agree that vegas wants even money on both sides, but that doesnt mean there's not a correlation to winning percentage.

Favorite's Closing Line ///////# of Games /////// record ////// odds of winning
1574181066038.png

Last edited:
All of this Bowl Game talk has got me nervous. Its certainly bulletin board material for both of the final 2 opponents,
These are the same 2 teams that "smoked the Vols" last season with savage arse whoopins..
Lets win 2 before we speak of a third
How is it BULLETIN board material, Missouri is in the same boat Tennessee is in. The only have 5 wins, you don't think they are talking about getting to a Bowl and the possibilities. This is a message board, you act like you hearing it out of the teams mouths. Please quit the theatrics, the game is played between the lines. We will be ready, Missouri is good but they are beatable, but I imagine Pruitt and company are focused on one game at a time and their opponents. If Missouri or candy is needing motivation from a message board they are in a hurt to begin with. GBO!!!! Take care of business. GBO!!!

TN is far more talented than both teams and everyone is beat up and gassed at season's end.
We did not have the depth of most teams. Missouri was a much better team than Tennessee last season. Vanderbilt was a very bad matchup for the Vols, Kyle Shurmur torched a secondary that was not very good.

Incorrect on the bolded part, sir. One betting line doesn't have to do with chances of winning. 580 betting lines dating back to 2003 give a pretty good sample size on the probability given the closing line. (Edit: the 580 sample size is only the size of games that had exactly 7 point spreads; the total sample size of all games is more than 10,000) The odds of winning follow the same general path of the closing line. at 5 points, we improve to about 39% to win. Of course I agree that vegas wants even money on both sides, but that doesnt mean there's not a correlation to winning percentage.
The real coelation between the betting line and chances of winning are, if the line favors one team it means that most people are betting on them and that concensus is usually correct in predicting the winner.

Reactions: goldvol
The team did not quit last year, we were simply undermanned, beat to heck, and gassed.
Losing the Vandy game because they did not want to go to a lesser bowl is the reason the fans are skeptical. Pruitt admitted he lost the team in November last year

All of this Bowl Game talk has got me nervous. Its certainly bulletin board material for both of the final 2 opponents,
These are the same 2 teams that "smoked the Vols" last season with savage arse whoopins..
Lets win 2 before we speak of a third
The Vols aren't the same team. But more distinctly... Mizzou and Vandy aren't the same teams either. Both lost QB's that made their O's credible.

The team has impressed me coming together the last 5 games,Mr Negavol:rolleyes: I think Tennessee will go 7-5 and go to a nice bowl game which is a tremendous turnaround from their 1-4 start to the season:cool:

I wasn't crashing every thread just a few weeks ago claiming Pruitt should be and would be fired.
I don't deserve that generous title. Its definitely suited better for someone else.

Losing the Vandy game because they did not want to go to a lesser bowl is the reason the fans are skeptical. Pruitt admitted he lost the team in November last year
I don't believe the team got together and decided to lose or quit. I would agree there were problems, there were many cogs in that machine that are no longer there. Effort and confidence are much better this year, as whole I still think last year's team played till the end.

The real coelation between the betting line and chances of winning are, if the line favors one team it means that most people are betting on them and that concensus is usually correct in predicting the winner.

So then you agree your statement
Betting lines have nothing to do with chances of winning or losing
is not correct. In that case, we are not likely to WTFA?
Let's hope we beat the odds

VN Store

Back