All Beck related discussions from last night (merged)

chattavol420

For beck? I can’t really recall a scenario where a player flipped off the opponent in a baseball game. Anyone know of any other instances and if there was any sort of suspension?

Last edited:
No, but I’ve heard some chatter about how it MIGHT negatively affect his draft stock. Doubt it would be too much though. Just made a dumb decision in the heat of the moment at the climax of the game. He’s a good kid. Hope it doesn’t get blown out of proportion by the media and/or fans

To be clear…I love this team and I love the chip they play with. Hell I loved the fact that our fans threw shot at kiffin. So I have no problem with it. Just curious if the school, conference, or ncaa could discipline a kid for flipping the bird while out on a field.

Shocklngly predictable responses. You don't flip off an opponent--that is bush league and terrible sportsmanship, period. We take things too far at times.
Glibert's 15-foot-high bat flip last night was also too much--disrespectful. Sure, flip your bat--but you don't flip it 15-feet in the air.

I missed it while at the game, when did this happen? Were birds flying high?

Top of the 9th while we were down. Beck got a hit (or possibly benefited from an error) and flipped the bird at the outfielders as he rounded the bases. Cameras caught it and showed a replay. And the announcers talked about it.

Reactions: Volprofch05
Shocklngly predictable responses. You don't flip off an opponent--that is bush league and terrible sportsmanship, period. We take things too far at times.
Glibert's 15-foot-high bat flip last night was also too much--disrespectful. Sure, flip your bat--but you don't flip it 15-feet in the air.
This has become common. Guess you didn’t see AM guy tonight. He carried the bat halfway to first and flipped the bat 20-30 feet in the air.

nope it was badass

Top of the 9th while we were down. Beck got a hit (or possibly benefited from an error) and flipped the bird at the outfielders as he rounded the bases. Cameras caught it and showed a replay. And the announcers talked about it.

Thanks for the info, missed that live and it would’ve been right in front of me.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

What's the height limit of flippage allowed? Or do we count revolutions?

Our team plays with a lot of raw emotion. I believe the guys get caught up in the moment sometimes, but that is also what gives us an edge in key situations. The thing that matters to me is how they carry themselves off the field. They always speak highly of their opponents and do not put themselves in the negative spotlight.

No, but I’ve heard some chatter about how it MIGHT negatively affect his draft stock. Doubt it would be too much though. Just made a dumb decision in the heat of the moment at the climax of the game. He’s a good kid. Hope it doesn’t get blown out of proportion by the media and/or fans
gilbert's antics haven't hurt his draft stocks, in fact they've helped them

VN Store

Back