Aliens and UFO's- Is the truth out there?

Nephilim - Wikipedia

The Book of Enoch and Genesis references the "sons of God" or "fallen angels" that reproduced with humans and had offspring known as the Nephilim.

What if these "fallen angels" are extraterrestrial beings?

Nephilim - Wikipedia

The Book of Enoch and Genesis references the "sons of God" or "fallen angels" that reproduced with humans and had offspring known as the Nephilim.

What if these "fallen angels" are extraterrestrial beings?

Possible, incredibly unlikely, but possible. Most ancient religions involve beings coming down from the sky. It's one of the cruxes of the "Ancient Aliens theory". There are some pretty serious issues with their claims though. I would think humans are just now reaching a point where we are at all interesting to an advanced species. In truth we may be more frightening than interesting.

Possible, incredibly unlikely, but possible. Most ancient religions involve beings coming down from the sky. It's one of the cruxes of the "Ancient Aliens theory". There are some pretty serious issues with their claims though. I would think humans are just now reaching a point where we are at all interesting to an advanced species. In truth we may be more frightening than interesting.

If Aliens do exist and they are cruising the universe at will, Earth is probably the "Tijuana" of the Galaxy to them.

Reactions: pismonque
If Aliens do exist and they are cruising the universe at will, Earth is probably the "Tijuana" of the Galaxy to them.

Even that may be generous. There is a decent argument that if there are intelligent species out there, they aren't contacting us because we're frickin terrifying. We're basically space orcs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am as well. It's fun to think about. But the chances of any kind of visitation is vanishingly remote.

Yeah, look at it from our side. If we developed the ability to cruise the galaxy at will, as BV put it, and we discovered a planet full of beings with a similar level of intelligence, would it seem wise to show our faces? We’d want to know everything about them that we could before doing so. And even if they seemed generally peaceful and benign, who’s to say they wouldn’t be harboring some virus or bacteria that’s harmless to them but would wipe out our species in six months?

Truth be told though, given our track record, it wouldn’t surprise me if our first response to the discovery was “Wow, look! An alien civilization actually exists! How cool! Let’s kill ‘em!”

Yeah, look at it from our side. If we developed the ability to cruise the galaxy at will, as BV put it, and we discovered a planet full of beings with a similar level of intelligence, would it seem wise to show our faces? We’d want to know everything about them that we could before doing so. And even if they seemed generally peaceful and benign, who’s to say they wouldn’t be harboring some virus or bacteria that’s harmless to them but would wipe out our species in six months?

Truth be told though, given our track record, it wouldn’t surprise me if our first response to the discovery was “Wow, look! An alien civilization actually exists! How cool! Let’s kill ‘em!”

I really like the question posed by Tyson "who defined mankind as intelligent"? Obviously we defined ourselves that way. Cosmically we very well may be no more intelligent than a cockroach. Does anyone bother to try and communicate intelligently with a cockroach? No, of course not. So why should we assume that an advanced alien race who possesses the intelligence and technology to reach us, would have anything to say to us?

Let's take it a step further. Genetically the closest living species to humans on this earth is the chimpanzee. It shares something like 98% of our DNA. 98% would seem really close to us! Yet that remaining 2% represents a HUGE difference between both species! We cannot meaningfully communicate with chimps in an intelligent manner. And yet they represent the closest living species to us by 98%! So why should we assume an intelligent cosmic being, way more advanced than us, who most likely wouldnt have anything in common with us genetically, could communicate with us? It's extremely arrogant of us to assume that when you think about it.

Last edited:
Even that may be generous. There is a decent argument that if there are intelligent species out there, they aren't contacting us because we're frickin terrifying. We're basically space orcs.

We always assume aliens traveling in space are humanoid when it is more likely they are, not artificial but, intelligent robots created by humanoids. They are waiting to communicate with the intelligent robot we create.

We always assume aliens traveling in space are humanoid when it is more likely they are, not artificial but, intelligent robots created by humanoids. They are waiting to communicate with the intelligent robot we create.

That's one possibility. It cound also be there isn't a way around the speed of light and there is nothing nearby. It could also be that intelligent life is very rare and we're the first to make it this far in the Milky Way. We could also be the scariest thing in the galaxy and everything is hiding from us. Most creatures on earth do that. We know so little about the universe that anything predicting what we will find is just speculation. For all we know there are signs of life everywhere and we just don't recognize them.

Historically, Explorers discovering a new lands is often hard on the indigenous population.

That's one possibility. It cound also be there isn't a way around the speed of light and there is nothing nearby. It could also be that intelligent life is very rare and we're the first to make it this far in the Milky Way. We could also be the scariest thing in the galaxy and everything is hiding from us. Most creatures on earth do that. We know so little about the universe that anything predicting what we will find is just speculation. For all we know there are signs of life everywhere and we just don't recognize them.

More likely that robotic intelligence would be traveling around. Time is irrelevant to the immortal and oxygen/food would not be required to survive in space.

Last edited:

The vastness of space is such that by comparison, it'd be like someone dipping a thimble into the ocean and looking at it and saying "well, I don't see any whales."

The vastness of space is such that by comparison, it'd be like someone dipping a thimble into the ocean and looking at it and saying "well, I don't see any whales."
There are equally plausible arguments all over the board. We just don't know what is truly likely. We have no outside frame of reference yet. Until we find one, we're just speculating.

There are equally plausible arguments all over the board. We just don't know what is truly likely. We have no outside frame of reference yet. Until we find one, we're just speculating.

I just think that considering how many galaxies there are estimated to be in the known universe (about 2 trillion), then extrapolate how many stars that are in those galaxies, and how many planets orbit those stars, you'd have to almost consider it a mathematical certainty that there's life elsewhere in the universe. To suggest that it's us and ONLY us is arrogance beyond comprehension IMO.

Last edited:
I just think that considering how many galaxies there are estimated to be in the known universe (about 2 trillion), then extrapolate how many stars that are in those galaxies, and how many planets orbit those stars, you'd have to almost consider it a mathematical certainty that there's life elsewhere in the universe. To suggest that it's us and ONLY us is arrogance beyond comprehension IMO.
Oh I agree. It's a virtual certainty. My point is the nature of said life is unknown and it may be so far away as to not matter. We may be the weird ones in the universe. Life may well be everywhere and we just aren't looking for the right things because of how alien their technology is. When scientists speculate as to the nature of said life it's a crap shoot.

Reactions: Devo182
Oh I agree. It's a virtual certainty. My point is the nature of said life is unknown and it may be so far away as to not matter. We may be the weird ones in the universe. Life may well be everywhere and we just aren't looking for the right things because of how alien their technology is. When scientists speculate as to the nature of said life it's a crap shoot.

The thing is, we really aren't all that unique in the sense that we are merely living things formed of carbon, which is the most common and abundant material that we know of in the universe. If an inelligent alien race exists elsewhere in the universe, theres a strong likelihood they would be carbon based as well.

I personally believe there IS intelligent life elsewhere in the universe based solely on the math. However I don't personally believe they are visiting us. Either because they just don't find us interesting enough to bother or they themselves don't possess the capability to reach us, just as we don't possess the capability to reach them. Why do I believe that? Because it would've already happened and we would know about it. The government would not be able to cover that up. If aliens came to Earth to visit, it would be done in a big big way and we would all know about it.

Simply put there is a whole lot more going on than the posters on VN are aware of. I suggest that you guys discuss football related topics. On the topic of aliens.....I would direct you to a fellow named Corey Goode and from there study what many term the Secret Space Program.

the issue I always see with communications with aliens is that we assume that they have evolved similar senses to us. they may not have ears, or mouths as we know them. they could rely on flashes of light, or smell, or something else to communicate. and all we are doing is sending out a bunch of waves that doesn't mean anything to them.

The thing is, we really aren't all that unique in the sense that we are merely living things formed of carbon, which is the most common and abundant material that we know of in the universe. If an inelligent alien race exists elsewhere in the universe, theres a strong likelihood they would be carbon based as well.

I personally believe there IS intelligent life elsewhere in the universe based solely on the math. However I don't personally believe they are visiting us. Either because they just don't find us interesting enough to bother or they themselves don't possess the capability to reach us, just as we don't possess the capability to reach them. Why do I believe that? Because it would've already happened and we would know about it. The government would not be able to cover that up. If aliens came to Earth to visit, it would be done in a big big way and we would all know about it.

There is a ton of diversity even on this planet. At this point we aren't really even sure about abiogenesis vs panspermia as to how life got going on earth. While it's likely carbon based life, who knows what that looks like evolved on a different world. It may well be completely alien.

I also doubt we've been visited due to the distances involved and that pretty much every resource here is available in space. Why brave a often hostile biosphere with a big gravity well when you can just pull the same stuff off a lifeless place like a moon, comet, or asteroid? Unless they are looking for meat, there is just no reason to. Once we sent men into space, we could be interesting to them I suppose. But before that we were just another primative species with nothing to offer an advanced society. One that tended to be hostile to outsiders to boot.

If we have been visited, we're either a great big ant farm or a reality show to them.

I feel we are getting closer by the day to full disclosure and I do think it's time the cover-up ends
As a Christian and a believer in a pre tribulation rapture of the body of Christ, my prediction is after we’re gone that’ll be the green light given for disclosure and CNN will report we were all abducted by extraterrestrials.

VN Store

Back