Alexis Johnson's Accuser added to Civil Suit?

BigorangeBoy

Per ESPN, she is one of the two that brought the total to eight (the other being Pearson's accuser). Not sure that is accurate, but if so - that was fast.

"One of the two women added to the lawsuit says she was sexually assaulted by Volunteers wide receiver Von Pearson in April 2015. Pearson was not charged but was found to have violated the school's code of conduct, according to the lawsuit. The woman claims that the university mishandled her claims against Pearson, who ultimately was reinstated to the school and was allowed to rejoin the team, which he led in receiving this past season.

The other woman accuses defensive lineman Alexis Johnson of assault. He was arrested earlier this month after allegedly assaulting a woman in his apartment, and he was subsequently suspended from the team."

This reminds you of the guy that was rendered unconscious in a car wreck, and when he awoke in the ER a lawyer's business card had been placed in his hand.

Last edited:
"Alexis Johnson's attorney tweeted this Thursday: "Alleged victim didn't want to prosecute." She's now a plaintiff in the lawsuit against UT."

Reactions: 9 people
"Alexis Johnson's attorney tweeted this Thursday: "Alleged victim didn't want to prosecute." She's now a plaintiff in the lawsuit against UT."

This is awesome.

These are literally people just looking for a payout.

If you are a current player you need to get one girlfriend and call it a done deal for a while.

Reactions: 9 people
Just need to go back to the 1800s and early 1900s and have a chaperone for all women on campus. UT could have a chaperone hotline.:) Go without one at your own peril. They also need to wear a full length dress from head to toe or a burka.

Last edited:
How bush league is that, the victim doesn't want to prosecute but wants to get in the civil case. It just happened, hell no don't settle this is a money grab ploy that has nothing to do with sexual assault. Go obliterate them in court.

Reactions: 10 people
I thought the reason for the suit was that the school didn't respond appropriately to allegations. This incident is too recent to expect that a resolution would have been reached by now. Everything about this suit looks like a money grab. Players were suspended from the team pending investigation of incidents not resulting in criminal charges -- not good enough. Players who were arrested and charged kicked-off the team -- not good enough. Players kicked-off the team for incidents not resulting in criminal charges -- not good enough.

Seems like the only thing that will satisfy these "victims" and their attorneys is money -- and a lot of it. And if you know a UT athlete and you'd like to get paid, then hop on board the money train. The more, the merrier.

Reactions: 24 people
I thought the reason for the suit was that the school didn't respond appropriately to allegations. This incident is too recent to expect that a resolution would have been reached by now. Everything about this suit looks like a money grab. Players were suspended from the team pending investigation of incidents not resulting in criminal charges -- not good enough. Players who were arrested and charged kicked-off the team -- not good enough. Players kicked-off the team for incidents not resulting in criminal charges -- not good enough.

Seems like the only thing that will satisfy these "victims" and their attorneys is money -- and a lot of it. And if you know a UT athlete and you'd like to get paid, then hop on board the money train. The more, the merrier.

Agree. Personal responsibility is out the window with the ignorant PC crowd.

Reactions: 8 people
Appears to me this mess is a result of differing opinions and disgruntled former employees. Something's rotten in the state of Denmark. :yes:

Reactions: 2 people
I have now gone from being totally supportive of the girl in the Alexis Johnson incident to being very suspicious of her claims. She doesn't want to press charges, but she joins the big high-profile lawsuit in the hopes that the University will just compensate her monetarily so she'll go away.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if several more girls came forward with allegations. This is a feeding frenzy.

Reactions: 10 people
I have now gone from being totally supportive of the girl in the Alexis Johnson incident to being very suspicious of her claims. She doesn't want to press charges, but she joins the big high-profile lawsuit in the hopes that the University will just compensate her monetarily so she'll go away.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if several more girls came forward with allegations. This is a feeding frenzy.

The Bag Men will be very busy this year.:)

It actually weakens the case. She's in the suit, but everything was handled by KPD.

One legal pundit said Manning should not be stricken from the record as it makes the suit appear to have less merit. Plaintiffs' counsel messed in his own pants by not properly vetting Naughright's "issues"

Reactions: 5 people
How bush league is that, the victim doesn't want to prosecute but wants to get in the civil case. It just happened, hell no don't settle this is a money grab ploy that has nothing to do with sexual assault. Go obliterate them in court.

A lawsuit about how UT handles sexual assaults and the plaintiffs attorney is happy to add a case that UT never handled.
Nothing suspicious there.

Agree. Personal responsibility is out the window with the ignorant PC crowd.

I probably have a reputation for being anti political here BUT...
A person commits sexual assault (ALLEGEDLY) after all the instructions, speakers and coaches paid to teach them never to be in that situation.
The female also avoids all safety advice offered from parents, friends and offered by many speakers at UT's expense. So you punish the criminal and say nothing to the victim OR...

you punish the criminal and give a hard push/reminder to the female that the good guys can't be everywhere to protect people.

But with this PC culture we just decide whether UT is responsible for 90 or 80% of the results.
Un-f***ing believable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I think that everybody with a kid that has a Mack Crowder autograph needs to join the lawsuit. UT did not deny Crowder access to those children.

It actually weakens the case. She's in the suit, but everything was handled by KPD.

One legal pundit said Manning should not be stricken from the record as it makes the suit appear to have less merit. Plaintiffs' counsel messed in his own pants by not properly vetting Naughright's "issues"

From all accounts that woman is "certifiable " and bipolar.

This crap makes it open season on ut football players. Hard to experience college when every girl you're alone with could be the next "victim" in this money grab. If there is an actual victim in this ordeal I feel bad for them BC this is a three ringed circus.

Reactions: 6 people
This is awesome.

These are literally people just looking for a payout.

If you are a current player you need to get one girlfriend and call it a done deal for a while.

Amateur. The solution is two girlfriends and they are a witness against each other.

The law suit was about how UT has created a rape culture. Now they will add assault and battery too. Sounds like UT has the same problems that Knox county.

I told everybody earlier more girls would start coming out of the woodwork. Before this is over there will probably be over 100 girls added to this or another lawsuit. It doesn't matter if UT settles out of court in this suit. There will be many more suits coming. This is much more than just a money grab. Their pushing a nationwide agenda. UT is just the vessel. Luck of the draw.

Well said!

I told everybody earlier more girls would start coming out of the woodwork. Before this is over there will probably be over 100 girls added to this or another lawsuit. It doesn't matter if UT settles out of court in this suit. There will be many more suits coming. This is much more than just a money grab. Their pushing a nationwide agenda. UT is just the vessel. Luck of the draw.

I agree. This is a national problem that UT is addressing. Hart encouraged for any others to step foward, the topic is sexual assault is way past overdue of being discussed on a national platform.

VN Store

Back