Alex (Fuller) Simmons

CannonVol80

Haven't seen this posted before, but was looking for information on streaming broadcast for the MTSU game and saw that Alex was no longer on the staff at Middle.

Seems that when Rick Insell's son, Matt took over at Ole Miss he was able to lure Alex into joining his staff. Don't know if it was a lateral move (although, with all due respect to MTSU, I'm pretty sure that even thoough it's Ole Miss a move from the C-USA to the SEC would be considered a move up) or if she got more responsibility in the move, but congratulations to Alex and look forward to seeing her in Knoxville on Jan 9!

Jim

Reactions: 3 people
She was recruiting coordinator at MTSU, and brought in probably the most well-rounded class since Insell has been in the Boro. I'm not sure the move is lateral, unless the assumption is solely based on CUSA vs. SEC. In that case, it's an upgrade. However, Ole Miss is at the bottom of the barrel in the conference, and it will take a while to get them out. Insell can recruit though. With his brother being over the TN Flight AAU program, arguably the top AAU program in the country, he has connections. He used them at Kentucky to bring in top talent, and will use them at Ole Miss. I'm not positive if Alex is the recruiting coordinator or not, but if she is, it will be a good move for her.

VN Store

Back