Alcohol sales on Tennessee public campuses and sports venues (merged)

You miss a lot for two reasons. One, is like many of your faction, you dismiss anything that gets between and your wants and vices. Two is people who are hellbent on defending their wants and vices refuse to see anything beyond the tip of their own nose and if they could, would reject what they saw anyway.
Sorry WV, KY doesn't seem to have this problem. We have open carry without a permit and make a lot of good brown liquor. My beef is just putting 100k people shoulder to shoulder and expecting most of them to behave while plying them with as much as they can drink both before and during. All of this "it won't be necessary to get smashed before the game now" is pure fallacy. Those that do now will continue too, those that don't now won't. Selling at the game (if it were even on the ballot) isn't necessary to anyone's enjoyment of the game. If it is, you have an issue. And no, I'm not a teetotaler, my liquor cabinet is probably better stocked than most.

Last edited:
You asked for data, then provide me with an opinion article? And one in which wouldn't even open, showing a stylized GOOGLE image and a requirement for me to enter my email and password? Well, like I said, you and your straw men/women, you may look like idiots and talk like idiots but you don't fool me, you really are idiots.

Bypassing your useless, or was it a trap to gather private info? link, I did find this article, not data in the sense of what data should be but probably in the vein of what you might have meant. Sobering Thoughts About Alcohol Sales At College Stadiums
Good article WV.

I also have to ask the question of will there be random ID checks of those that appear underage that have a beer in their hands? Will their be a limit like one per customer and you get a punch on your armband every time you buy a beer? Arm bands only issued during 1st quarter....one beer per quarter? Been to a lot of NASCAR races and watched people get F'd up on $8 beers.

Sorry WV, KY doesn't seem to have this problem. We have open carry without a permit and make a lot of good brown liquor. My beef is just putting 100k people shoulder to shoulder and expecting most of them to behave while plying them with as much as they can drink both before and during. All of this "it won't be necessary to get smashed before the game now" is pure fallacy. Those that do now will continue too, those that don't now won't. Selling at the game (if it were even on the ballot) isn't necessary to anyone's enjoyment of the game. If it is, you have an issue. And no, I'm not a teetotaler, my liquor cabinet is probably better stocked than most.

It's alright. Just wait for the H.G. Wells event: Things to Come. Which I hope doesn't but humans, being what they are you can be sure the worst will surface. It used to be safe for kids to attend school too.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It's alright. Just wait for the H.G. Wells event: Things to Come. Which I hope doesn't but humans, being what they are you can be sure the worst will surface. It used to be safe for kids to attend school too.
I agree, but school safety has nothing to do with alcohol, open carry, or even owning firearms. It has to do with what we have turned our kids into.....completely different topic. This would hijack the thread for sure.

I agree, but school safety has nothing to do with alcohol, open carry, or even owning firearms. It has to do with what we have turned our kids into.....completely different topic. This would hijack the thread for sure.

Apologies if some folks redirect the thread to the school thing. My real point is non-alcohol fueled people do terrible things. You can count on them being as bad or worst at emotionally charged sports events fueled with alcohol and open carry without required permits. I dare to even guarantee it will occur. not too far down the road. We're already seeing it in road rage incidents and will see it in more. People don't know how to behave, they don't even want to.

Apologies if some folks redirect the thread to the school thing. My real point is non-alcohol fueled people do terrible things. You can count on them being as bad or worst at emotionally charged sports events fueled with alcohol and open carry without required permits. I dare to even guarantee it will occur. not too far down the road. We're already seeing it in road rage incidents and will see it in more. People don't know how to behave, they don't even want to.
I guess to allay your fears, pregame will be no different than it was. TN has had open carry for a long time so I don’t expect that to have any effect at the games. During the game will only be drunker. I would try to get a gallon of Jack through before I got caught with a firearm going in the stadium. I see your point though.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
giphy.gif

I fear we may quickly join several other Universities as one of the worst fan basis. Alcohol and sporting events don't match up unless you're at home alone. Even then, things still get broken.

Uhhhhh, alcohol has been freely consumed at UT games for decades. the only difference is the AD didnt make any money from the sales, the local knoxville liquor stores did. Nothing will change.

Reactions: Sara Clark

VN Store

Back