Alcohol sales on Tennessee public campuses and sports venues (merged)

Just wait until alcohol combined with open carry without need of a permit takes hold. Until then, enjoy your beer and liquor which will get consumed regardless. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy Vols games on my big screen TV while spoiling the Vols-contaminated kids with pizza, homemade spritz teas, bison and elk burgers, and flavored oven baked potato strips ( or French Fries as the kids call them) and their choices of cookies and cake. Family Vols party!!!! All that aside, I'd love to be able to haul them to Neyland for the stadium experience. But not at the expense of danger from increasing numbers of warped people doing warped things greatly encouraged by the combined insanity of alcohol sales at crowded venues and open carry privilege. Do your thing. Some of us can see what's coming so we do our thing. OK?

16 states currently have constitutional carry laws and booze is allowed in every one of them. I've missed all the report of drunken gun fights at sporting events, got some links to justify your fears?

At this point I think @WoodsmanVol is just trying to exhaust every logical fallacy on the books.

I don't like being around obnoxious drunks anymore than the next guy but some of these arguments are just asinine. I remember when liquor by the drink was on the ballot in Gallatin, you'd have thought it was going to be chaos with all the drunks running around and fornicating on the street, the children would be in danger and we'd all burn in hell.

Reactions: Remy and VolAllen
I don't like being around obnoxious drunks anymore than the next guy but some of these arguments are just asinine. I remember when liquor by the drink was on the ballot in Gallatin, you'd have thought it was going to be chaos with all the drunks running around and fornicating on the street, the children would be in danger and we'd all burn in hell.

The same weak arguments were made by the opposition to liquor by the drink in Pigeon forge, and six years later Sevier county isn't a lawless wasteland of drunks and Pigeon Forge is still just as 'family friendly' in spite of people being able to purchase over-priced mixed drinks at Applebee's. It was purely prohibitionist drivel wrapped up in 'think of the children' fear-mongering, the same as Woodsmanvol's protestations.

Last edited:
16 states currently have constitutional carry laws and booze is allowed in every one of them. I've missed all the report of drunken gun fights at sporting events, got some links to justify your fears?

You miss a lot for two reasons. One, is like many of your faction, you dismiss anything that gets between and your wants and vices. Two is people who are hellbent on defending their wants and vices refuse to see anything beyond the tip of their own nose and if they could, would reject what they saw anyway.

You miss a lot for two reasons. One, is like many of your faction, you dismiss anything that gets between and your wants and vices. Two is people who are hellbent on defending their wants and vices refuse to see anything beyond the tip of their own nose and if they could, would reject what they saw anyway.

Feel free to cite some crime statistics or studies that prove your fear-mongering about 'what could happen' is more than your desire to push your minority prohibitionist views on alcohol. I've already cited my information in the thread, feel free to go back and educate yourself. Feel free to google West Virginia's experience with beer sales in the stadium if you actually want to educate yourself instead of posting drivel.

How did I answer my own question? My point was that college kids aren’t going to pay $8 for a beer.

But, since you don’t take your kids to titans or preds games, I don’t expect to be able to change your mind. How long can you shelter your kids from the fact that some people act out, whether it’s because of alcohol or anything else? 99% of people aren’t there to get hammered and annoy the whole section. Some do. It happens. Not selling beer inside the stadium isn’t going to prevent it.
You can almost guarantee the drunk people at the games aren't getting all the way there from those 8 dollar low content beers.

Now we know where your line of argumentation comes from. Thanks.

"I don't like it, so nobody gets to do it!"

If booze, the right to carry and sporting events produce lawless anarchy there should be an endless supply of examples for you to link in support of your position.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Now we know where your line of argumentation comes from. Thanks.

"I don't like it, so nobody gets to do it!"

05_never_again and hog88 and your straw men/women, you may look like idiots and talk like idiots but you don't fool me, you really are idiots.

I've asked for you to provide data backing up your argument, as bad as you portray it it shouldn't take you but just a second to find it.

Let me help.

Will children be scared for life if beer is sold in Neyland Stadium

You asked for data, then provide me with an opinion article? And one in which wouldn't even open, showing a stylized GOOGLE image and a requirement for me to enter my email and password? Well, like I said, you and your straw men/women, you may look like idiots and talk like idiots but you don't fool me, you really are idiots.

Bypassing your useless, or was it a trap to gather private info? link, I did find this article, not data in the sense of what data should be but probably in the vein of what you might have meant. Sobering Thoughts About Alcohol Sales At College Stadiums

Last edited:
SEC prohibits alcohol sales at any of its athletic events. Permitted at any events which will be huge!!

SEC prohibits alcohol sales at any of its athletic events. Permitted at any events which will be huge!!

It's only prohibited in "general seating areas" at the moment, and the only reason that it's a conference-wide ban is because the member schools have agreed to the prohibition. Georgia and Kentucky are the only two member schools who want to continue to maintain a conference ban, instead of leaving the decision up to to the individual schools.

You asked for data, then provide me with an opinion article? And one in which wouldn't even open, showing a stylized GOOGLE image and a requirement for me to enter my email and password? Well, like I said, you and your straw men/women, you may look like idiots and talk like idiots but you don't fool me, you really are idiots.

Bypassing your useless, or was it a trap to gather private info? link, I did find this article, not data in the sense of what data should be but probably in the vein of what you might have meant. Sobering Thoughts About Alcohol Sales At College Stadiums

Umm, he just gave you a link to the google homepage. The “stylized image” was in reference to Hedwig Kohn’s (German physicist and Duke professor) birthday. Not a phishing attempt.

Umm, he just gave you a link to the google homepage. The “stylized image” was in reference to Hedwig Kohn’s (German physicist and Duke professor) birthday. Not a phishing attempt.

I think that's what I said with admittedly more verbiage.

Dude, I linked google. LOL

The article you linked is an opinion piece so it’s as valid as your opinion.

Love ya man.

Despite our wrestling, the same to you. You're a Vols guy no matter what's said betwixt thee and me far as I'm concerned. It's all fun and games to me, I'm sure to the chagrin of some.

VN Store

Back