Alcohol sales on Tennessee public campuses and sports venues (merged)

It should never be allowed at any place on school grounds. It is the cause of most rapes and fights. Kid are just out of their parent nest and they are there to get an education and don't have the knowledge to handle it. It does not matter how much money it will bring in.

Alcohol sales at sporting venues causes rape and fisticuffs?
From what study did you take that information? I've never seen anything to support that assertion.

Last edited:
They want no drinking inside or outside Dodger Stadium. Guess why. It happened at a Giants vs. 49'ers game a few years back as well. Then you had Vols fans fighting each other during the Nebraska - Tennessee bowl game. No good will come from giving free reign to boozers. Father of 4 critically injured in fight outside Dodger Stadium

How many Dodgers games in their history just in LA alone have been played without violence versus the one incident you mention? Trust me I lived in LA > 10 years and am VERY familiar with the Dodgers/Giants rivalry. For a significant number of people it's very similar to my mind of the Bama UT football rivalry. However it is silly and immature to try to paint all users of alcohol to be that of one/two who chose to participate in criminal behavior while alcohol was being sold. Besides, no one has made the case at all the fellow(s) charged with attacking Mr. Stow was even using alcohol at all or that it was a factor. You just plucked it out of thin air. There is no mention of alcohol involved at all at the two cowards sentencing hearing, none. Two get prison for beating Giants fan at Dodger Stadium

How many Dodgers games in their history just in LA alone have been played without violence versus the one incident you mention? Trust me I lived in LA > 10 years and am VERY familiar with the Dodgers/Giants rivalry. For a significant number of people it's very similar to my mind of the Bama UT football rivalry. However it is silly and immature to try to paint all users of alcohol to be that of one/two who chose to participate in criminal behavior while alcohol was being sold. Besides, no one has made the case at all the fellow(s) charged with attacking Mr. Stow was even using alcohol at all or that it was a factor. You just plucked it out of thin air. There is no mention of alcohol involved at all at the two cowards sentencing hearing, none. Two get prison for beating Giants fan at Dodger Stadium

Just wait until alcohol combined with open carry without need of a permit takes hold. Until then, enjoy your beer and liquor which will get consumed regardless. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy Vols games on my big screen TV while spoiling the Vols-contaminated kids with pizza, homemade spritz teas, bison and elk burgers, and flavored oven baked potato strips ( or French Fries as the kids call them) and their choices of cookies and cake. Family Vols party!!!! All that aside, I'd love to be able to haul them to Neyland for the stadium experience. But not at the expense of danger from increasing numbers of warped people doing warped things greatly encouraged by the combined insanity of alcohol sales at crowded venues and open carry privilege. Do your thing. Some of us can see what's coming so we do our thing. OK?

Reactions: CampBlount
Just wait until alcohol combined with open carry without need of a permit takes hold. Until then, enjoy your beer and liquor which will get consumed regardless. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy Vols games on my big screen TV while spoiling the Vols-contaminated kids with pizza, homemade spritz teas, bison and elk burgers, and flavored oven baked potato strips ( or French Fries as the kids call them) and their choices of cookies and cake. Family Vols party!!!! All that aside, I'd love to be able to haul them to Neyland for the stadium experience. But not at the expense of danger from increasing numbers of warped people doing warped things greatly encouraged by the combined insanity of alcohol sales at crowded venues and open carry privilege. Do your thing. Some of us can see what's coming so we do our thing. OK?

Do you have your kids watch videos of people driving around, as opposed to putting them in a car and risking exposure to these “warped people” you fear so much? You’re far, far more likely to be killed in a car than virtually all other times during the average day. Or since the sale of alcohol offends you so much you convinently use that as an excuse as to why you don’t “expose your kids to danger” (your words, not mine)

If you would rather enjoy the game at home because it’s easier than dragging kids around, far less expensive, and watching on TV gives you more insight and a better view then fine. That’s understandable. But to keep kids safe from “warped people”? Give me a break.

Keep holed up in your bunker while the world continues to function around you.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Do you have your kids watch videos of people driving around, as opposed to putting them in a car and risking exposure to these “warped people” you fear so much? You’re far, far more likely to be killed in a car than virtually all other times during the average day. Or since the sale of alcohol offends you so much you convinently use that as an excuse as to why you don’t “expose your kids to danger” (your words, not mine)

If you would rather enjoy the game at home because it’s easier than dragging kids around, far less expensive, and watching on TV gives you more insight and a better view then fine. That’s understandable. But to keep kids safe from “warped people”? Give me a break.

Keep holed up in your bunker while the world continues to function around you.

Since you didn't understand my suggestion of you do your thing, I do my thing, I can only add: Before you post, you should have something important to say.

Since you didn't understand my suggestion of you do your thing, I do my thing, I can only add: Before you post, you should have something important to say.

Oh my you know how to use bold font? You just really mean business.

Just because it’s “your thing” doesn’t mean it’s not an asinine statement. You aren’t protected from people who disagree with you, you’ve gotta realize that....right?

I can tell you’re a soft man, so I won’t offend you any longer. Good luck out there. Lord knows you’ll need it.

Oh my you know how to use bold font? You just really mean business.

Just because it’s “your thing” doesn’t mean it’s not an asinine statement. You aren’t protected from people who disagree with you, you’ve gotta realize that....right?

I can tell you’re a soft man, so I won’t offend you any longer. Good luck out there. Lord knows you’ll need it.

If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.

Drinking at the event is the main reason I will never go to a NASCAR race again. Guy Beside me got so drunk he peed in his cooler

Reminds me of my brother-in-law's story about his first Nascar experience:
As he drove among the recreational vehicles parked in the infield area looking for a place to park, he noticed an obese fan atop a Winnebago peeing over the side while swilling beer.
As he passed by, she burped loudly, farted thunderously in his general direction, then crushed the Budweiser can in her hand and threw it at his car.
He's been scarred for life ever since. He's never been able to look at an RV or a woman the same way since that fateful day.

Last edited:
Reminds me of my brother-in-law's story about his first Nascar experience:
As he drove among the recreational vehicles parked in the infield area looking for a place to park, he noticed an obese fan atop a Winnebago peeing over the side while swilling beer. As he passed by, she burped loudly, farted twice in his general direction and threw the empty Budweiser can at his car.
He's been scarred for life ever since.

I've been to a few NASCAR races in the early 2000s, the only shocking part of your story was the "She" pronoun, I'm dying laughing.

Reactions: Special Ed
I've been to a few NASCAR races in the early 2000s, the only shocking part of your story was the "She" pronoun, I'm dying laughing.

I used to go to the Talladega races every year from about 1986 to the mid 90s. In the words of Roy Batty...."I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Reactions: hog88 and tbh
I will say, the wife and I enjoyed a few beers at the bowl game while watching the Vols beat up on Iowa. Combined with individual seats, it was a much more enjoyable experience than Neyland. I say add beer and subtract the metal bleachers. One will pay for the other.

So the guy sitting in the seats around you calling the usher on you because you are cussing at the top of your voice the entire game, standing and screaming constantly or just standing when nothing is going on, going to piss every 15 minutes, stepping on everyone on the way in and out and generally just being a drunk ass is actually the ass? Got it.

Actually was saying all azzholes are azzholes drunk or otherwise. Do you fit in one of those categories? 😂

Reactions: thehill98
This is a bad idea all around. Nothing good can come from this. All this will do is ruin the ability to take children to see the Vols play.

Why would it be any different than taking a kid to a titans game? Or a preds game? The only difference is that this is on a college campus, so the only argument would be that college kids are more irresponsible when drinking. And I’ll admit, I was too. But like someone said earlier, beers will be $8 apiece (or more) and lukewarm (at best). It’s not that much different.

Drinking at the event is the main reason I will never go to a NASCAR race again. Guy Beside me got so drunk he peed in his cooler
I've been to plenty of Nascar races. If that's the worst you saw consider yourself fortunate. I've also been to plenty of NFL and NBA games and nothing like that happend. The crowd is completely different and the NFL and NBA sell overpriced beer at the event. They don't allow giant coolers of outside beer like Nascar. Nor do they have people camping at the venue drinking nonstop for a week before hand then stumbling to that campsite afterward. That whole setup encourages no restraint. It doesn't compare to a Titans game or what it will be like at Neyland.

Reactions: VFL1953
Why would it be any different than taking a kid to a titans game? Or a preds game? The only difference is that this is on a college campus, so the only argument would be that college kids are more irresponsible when drinking. And I’ll admit, I was too. But like someone said earlier, beers will be $8 apiece (or more) and lukewarm (at best). It’s not that much different.
You answered your own question. I will also add, the size of the crowd and the confined space that the crowd is in. Seats at Neyland as small and cramped. I don't take my children to Titans or Preds games for that reason. This ridiculous argument about $8 beer though does nothing but to encourage the very thing that proponents say it's going to stop....binge drinking before the game.

We're so anti alcohol we retired the beer barrel with Kentucky for fear it encourages excessive drinking. That's how childish the subject has become for some people that need to grow up. I doubt seriously anybody ever saw that colorful beer barrel and thought, "Hmmm, I can't wait to become an acoholic after seeing that thing!! Bartender, beer me!!"
The year they took it away, that thing should've come back the very next year. I get the heightened sensitivity of it in that specific instance - Kentucky had a player killed in an alcohol-related crash the week of the game in 1998 - but to still have it shelved is just stupid. A lot of younger fans probably don't know it even exists.

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top
Lookin' for a moonshine still
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top
Reckon they never will
Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar
Change the lyrics!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Seriously.... You'd think a fanbase that sings a fight song celebrating illegal moonshine and disappearing law enforcement officers would be a little more laid back about all of this.

giphy.gif

You answered your own question. I will also add, the size of the crowd and the confined space that the crowd is in. Seats at Neyland as small and cramped. I don't take my children to Titans or Preds games for that reason. This ridiculous argument about $8 beer though does nothing but to encourage the very thing that proponents say it's going to stop....binge drinking before the game.

How did I answer my own question? My point was that college kids aren’t going to pay $8 for a beer.

But, since you don’t take your kids to titans or preds games, I don’t expect to be able to change your mind. How long can you shelter your kids from the fact that some people act out, whether it’s because of alcohol or anything else? 99% of people aren’t there to get hammered and annoy the whole section. Some do. It happens. Not selling beer inside the stadium isn’t going to prevent it.

VN Store

Back