Alcohol sales on Tennessee public campuses and sports venues (merged)

it only passed now because the Tennessee Fund is going to lose millions in donations for the tax law overhaul. UT admin and the state are a joke. Full of money grubbing elitist. We've wanted Alcohol for years but when their pockets are empty man do they flip the switch and fast.

Just the facts. Do you think some teetotalers in this thread have taken their kids or grandkids to Disney or a pro sporting event? I’ll bet they have.

Something I forgot to ask.

What makes you think these people in here arguing against this are "teetotalers"? Its possible they said so and I didn't see it. That's why I'm asking.

And, If these teetotalers or whoever else arguing this have gone and do go to pro sporting events with their kids, why do you think they are so against it at UT?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
You have zero data to backup your statement that 'fewer families will bring kids to the game' other than your anecdotal decrees that you yourself will not do so, which is fine, that's your prerogative. Again, the 'think of the children' argument is bunk given the literal thousands of venues and events that sell alcohol where children attend without issue.
It's almost as if that dude is making up data out of thin air. I've had season tickets to WVU where beer is sold in the stadium. Guess what? Has no negative impact on families showing up for games. And that's for a fan base that's known for getting pretty wild. Selling beer in the stadium eliminates the need for people to chug liquor/beer in the parking lot right beforehand to sustain a buzz for the next 3.5 hours. This results in less drunk people in the stadium. It's no different than going to an NFL game where beer is sold.

Reactions: BeardedVol
I don't know and if you're betting, you don't know either.

Ive already said I have no problem with it, I'd take my kid, if I had one or 4, to a college football game that served beer and I'd take them to Disney, but I would be way more concerned with my surroundings as far as "drunks" were concerned, at the game. I think it's apples and oranges.

And using Jesus turning water into wine to argue this silly. IMO.
Something I forgot to ask.

What makes you think these people in here arguing against this are "teetotalers"? Its possible they said so and I didn't see it. That's why I'm asking.

And, If these teetotalers or whoever else arguing this have gone and do go to pro sporting events with their kids, why do you think they are so against it at UT?

Someone was against it and just happened to be Baptist. Baptists are often very anti-alcohol which is the definition of Teetotaler hence the use of the term. Does that person consider themselves one? Who knows. This is a discussion and we use words to communicate ideas. I’m a believer myself but understand that Jesus didn’t turn water into fruit juice and alcohol doesn’t negate your salvation.

Drunks are already everywhere. 4th of July, Boomsday, Tennessee football games. The only difference would be that the school could now earn revenue for it. We want to be a 1st adopter for a change like this otherwise we’re left behind our rivals again.

People are hypocrites if they claim they won’t bring their families because of it but still go to theme parks, Pro sports, restaurants, movie theaters that serve, etc. Just pointing that out is all.

Someone was against it and just happened to be Baptist. Baptists are often very anti-alcohol which is the definition of Teetotaler hence the use of the term. Does that person consider themselves one? Who knows. This is a discussion and we use words to communicate ideas. I’m a believer myself but understand that Jesus didn’t turn water into fruit juice and alcohol doesn’t negate your salvation.

Drunks are already everywhere. 4th of July, Boomsday, Tennessee football games. The only difference would be that the school could now earn revenue for it. We want to be a 1st adopter for a change like this otherwise we’re left behind our rivals again.

People are hypocrites if they claim they won’t bring their families because of it but still go to theme parks, Pro sports, restaurants, movie theaters that serve, etc. Just pointing that out is all.

I believe alcohol can negate salvation. But this is the wrong thread for that is all I meant. The Baptist didn't bring it up if I remember correctly.

Like Ive said, I'm in favor of it 100%, but I see there being concerns from some and I don't understand why others act like there are ZERO negatives. Its silly.

My question was, if "TJvol" doesn't want to take his kids to a UT game at Neyland if they serve beer, why would you bet he would take his kid to a pro game where they serve beer? I'm not understanding how you know anyone in this thread are in fact being hypocritical.

I believe alcohol can negate salvation. But this is the wrong thread for that is all I meant. The Baptist didn't bring it up if I remember correctly.

Like Ive said, I'm in favor of it 100%, but I see there being concerns from some and I don't understand why others act like there are ZERO negatives. Its silly.

My question was, if "TJvol" doesn't want to take his kids to a UT game at Neyland if they serve beer, why would you bet he would take his kid to a pro game where they serve beer? I'm not understanding how you know anyone in this thread are in fact being hypocritical.

So by making wine Jesus intentionally caused others to sin? Interesting.

I’m not betting he would specifically as “TJvol”, I’m betting in general that the person arguing against bringing their kids to alcohol serving Neyland has already taken their kids to other alcohol serving venues and that would make them hypocrites.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can compare an SEC college football with 100,000 + people cramed in a pretty tight place for that many people. A place where we know people "Get hammered" before the game ( exact words have been used in this thread) where they will still sneak in liquor as well. Jumping up and down screaming and shouting and cussing is common and expected....compare that to a restaurant, movie theater or theme park. You get the idea?

I don't think its hypocritical at all if you take your kids to those places, but wouldn't a football game.

Jmo.

I’m not betting he would specifically as “TJvol”, I’m betting in general that the person arguing against bringing their kids to alcohol serving Neyland has already taken their kids to other alcohol serving venues and that would make them hypocrites.

Is that what I said?

I just responded to the second part.

"Look at that guy holding a 0.5% alcohol Budweiser! He must be completely drunk! Hide the kids Patsy!"

Just the facts. Do you think some teetotalers in this thread have taken their kids or grandkids to Disney or a pro sporting event? I’ll bet they have.
Why do you think that it's teetotalers that are against this idea? I do my share of imbibing before the game and after. I just don't like being around drunk assholes during the game.

Reactions: JacketVol

I didn't mean to be a dick, but I've already said I didn't want to discuss Jesus turning water into wine here in the football forum.

I'll say this, Ive argued both sides on whether it was actually wine or grape juice. You're not gonna be the one to reveal the truth to me. As far as my salvation goes, it doesn't matter if it was or not.

Its my belief that if someone doesn't have a problem with consuming alcohol and they don't let it control them and they don't get drunk and it cause them to sin, and they genuinely don't believe its a sin, then its not.

But I've had problems with alcohol and I quit consuming alcohol 6 six years ago next month. I believe if I consume alcohol now it will be a sin because I know how harmful it is to me.

So yes, in my opinion alcohol CAN negate salvation.

This is just all my belief and you or anyone else can disagree, that's fine with me, but that's all I'm saying about it in the FF. If you feel the need to discuss it further I will, but somewhere else. It really doesn't belong here.

Otay, Buckwheat?

What part of I don't want to be around slobbering drunks at the game do you not get? It's not got the first thing to do with religion although you are trying to take it there. I has to do with enjoyment of the game without getting **** spilt all over me, puked on, or being around a fight. When I travel to go to a game, it's near $400 for me by myself. I can save my $400, stay home, drink free, and not have to drive for 9 hours.

Bud Light is 1 proof? Ignorance is bliss I guess. ABV is available.....Google is your friend.
Lol. Test it after the stadium vendors get their hands on it.

But you're right. That post was totally meant to bring factual relevant information to the discussion. I will do my research before making fun of you guys next time.

Lol. Test it after the stadium vendors get their hands on it.

But you're right. That post was totally meant to bring factual relevant information to the discussion. I will do my research before making fun of you guys next time.
I'm willing to bet it isn't served as draft. I'm betting the 16 oz. aluminum bottles. I doubt much that "stadium vendors" will "get their hands" on it. The Reds serve beer poured from cans into plastic cups. I'm sure you think you are making a point but........not really.

What part of I don't want to be around slobbering drunks at the game do you not get? It's not got the first thing to do with religion although you are trying to take it there. I has to do with enjoyment of the game without getting **** spilt all over me, puked on, or being around a fight. When I travel to go to a game, it's near $400 for me by myself. I can save my $400, stay home, drink free, and not have to drive for 9 hours.

Something I don't understand but haven't cared enough to research, is the reports or studies that show there were less incidents with these places after they started serving alcohol. How do they get their information? Lol, from actual incidents and reports of drunk behavior.

Seems less non drinkers are showing up and less kids are being brought, but more drunks are coming and everybody is drunk and spilling crap all over each other and throwing up on everybody, but they're too drunk to care or they don't want to report their buddies. So less and less incidents.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I didn't mean to be a dick, but I've already said I didn't want to discuss Jesus turning water into wine here in the football forum.

I'll say this, Ive argued both sides on whether it was actually wine or grape juice. You're not gonna be the one to reveal the truth to me. As far as my salvation goes, it doesn't matter if it was or not.

Its my belief that if someone doesn't have a problem with consuming alcohol and they don't let it control them and they don't get drunk and it cause them to sin, and they genuinely don't believe its a sin, then its not.

But I've had problems with alcohol and I quit consuming alcohol 6 six years ago next month. I believe if I consume alcohol now it will be a sin because I know how harmful it is to me.

This is just all my belief and you or anyone else can disagree, that's fine with me, but that's all I'm saying about it in the FF. If you feel the need to discuss it further I will, but somewhere else. It really doesn't belong here.

Otay, Buckwheat?

Hey man, I get it. I’m glad it’s going well for you and understand how you might have a different opinion on the situation.

I don’t want to be around the obese at Neyland and think refined sugars and high carb meals are poison and should be outlawed. We can’t always get what we want.

Hey man, I get it. I’m glad it’s going well for you and understand how you might have a different opinion on the situation.

That's the thing, I don't really have much of a different opinion on the "situation". I got involved in the conversation just because I said I think its a good move, but I can understand how some people have an issue with it, especially those with kids. And I do understand.

Me and my situation have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on any of this.

I don’t want to be around the obese at Neyland and think refined sugars and high carb meals are poison and should be outlawed. We can’t always get what we want.
Sit in the chairbacks then. I don't know how sugar and high carb meals got into this. If you are going to a ballgame to eat healthy yet espouse the virtues of drinking a half a gallon of beer I would challenge your choices.

Otay, Buckwheat?

Forget it Behr. It's been my experience that when one holds a position opposite of another's vice, religious, or political preference they turn it into a yelling match. Making lots of noise, tit for tat, and sometimes worse things. In the end, nothing has changed on either end. How do you win such an exchange? Let them have the last word which is one of their underlying goals. But if you're having fun with them and making fun of them, it is fun for a while. Something I'm very guilty of doing periodically. Otherwise, you're just wasting your precious time. Or rather they're wasting it.

How many times have you seen someone get blitzed purely off of $7 watered down beer?

I don't think that dude is the one others are concerned with. I think its about about the guys that get hammered before the game and are now gonna be walking around with $7 beer.

The underage kids that drank shots before the game that are now mixing it with beer. That's always a good idea.

But anyway, its already been proven that there seems to be no indications that incidents involving alcohol will rise, it has in fact fallen at other places. But some of you can stop acting like serving alcohol at Neyland during games will be some sort of life altering out of body experience never before dreamed of.

Its a friggin beer. Lol.

VN Store

Back