Alabama game officiating...

We shoulda had you. That was the problem. Maybe he had a plan based on many hours of film review. It worked beautifully for three quarters. Then his three quarters of a team ran out of gas. Heupel is not the problem, he's the solution.
He may be the solution but still needs to up is game. He is currently far from the best regarding in game decisions and playcalling.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Sa
He may be the solution but still needs to up is game. He is currently far from the best regarding in game decisions and playcalling.
Yeah they all make mistakes. Saban kicked a 79 yard field goal to try to beat auburn one year. I’m pretty sure it turned out good for auburn. That was dumb on his part. I’m not saying huepel is gonna win 7 national championships, but he acts like a real coach. He says things like a real coach says. His biggest area he will need to prove is can he recruit players for his schemes. I’m not sure we need to be top 5 to compete with the bamas and Georgia’s. Look, he may not be guy forever and always but he looks like the guy to get us back to normal. Get us back to where losing to Vandy, South Carolina, Mizzou won't happen. I’d add Ky but their program is legit right now. Stoops has built something there.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Ridiculous. The dude is working with a skeleton roster and is competitive every week. How about post your winning game plan here.
Ok, I’ll have a go at it.
More aggressive gameplan and less runs up the middle when the box is stacked. Is Hooker running the RPO correctly? Coach him up if he is not. Go for it on 4th down when we you are trying to stay competitively in a game with a team that has more talent and depth across the board. Never concede defeat by trying to keep the score respectable versus trying to win the game. Heupel has the team playing with heart and I like his offensive scheme. It can be prolific at times like we have seen, however the TOP is killing the defense. For every good drive , we have a three and out or two. Need to improve there. Too many penalties, Execution needs to improve and find a solution. Banks makes a good play every now and then but is a liability overall. Beasley is not a D1 linebacker. Play extra Db’s against mobile Qb’s since our linebackers are too slow to contain them. Additional points to come later.

I feel like this game was officiated against us even worse than Ole Miss, maybe in revenge? The plays I think were bogus are the ones where we got no review and normally we would have: their receiver stepped out and it wasn't looked at, twice their guy did not have forward motion beyond the LTG, wasn't looked at, and Hooker took a helmet to helmet, wasn't looked at. These days, such plays are almost always reviewed but it's like no one decided to do it for us so they just kept playing and went to the next down. Camera would've told a different story on all of those. What else did the zebras do against us?
Was also told and shown a few favorable spots for the turd also.

This isn't a vintage Bama team. That defense is real shaky. They could lose to Auburn or even Arkansas. I think Georgia is going to kill them, if Bama makes it to Atlanta.
They aren’t losing to either of those two. I do think Georgia has there best chance at them, but Kirby always screws that up.

It really didn’t matter. Heupel called way too conservative of a game to win. Way too many between the tackle runs. Our passing game is really good but didn’t go to it enough. Also, I still can’t believe we punted on 4th and 1 from mid field while losing. That’s a gutless call. Players have to see confidence to believe they can win. They didn’t see that from their leader tinught
Two or three times in the first half we could not make third and one, why we don't go under center i don't understand.

I feel like this game was officiated against us even worse than Ole Miss, maybe in revenge? The plays I think were bogus are the ones where we got no review and normally we would have: their receiver stepped out and it wasn't looked at, twice their guy did not have forward motion beyond the LTG, wasn't looked at, and Hooker took a helmet to helmet, wasn't looked at. These days, such plays are almost always reviewed but it's like no one decided to do it for us so they just kept playing and went to the next down. Camera would've told a different story on all of those. What else did the zebras do against us?

Case solved. After tenacious detective work, hours and hours of field tracking, and traversing terrain of all sorts, I found that the zebras are loose and running wild. Uncontained, elusive, and downright sneaky, Dayum zebs!!! Escaped zebras evade capture outside US capital

I felt like the officiating was not as bad as the glaring self defeating obvious penalties we placed on ourselves. Good teams do not beat themselves like that. Good coaches do not put product on the field that characteristically produces penalties more than the other team.

They aren’t losing to either of those two. I do think Georgia has there best chance at them, but Kirby always screws that up.
I don't know, Bama struggles against Auburn at Auburn. Also Nix is shifty and can run like Hooker. They lost contain on Hooker several times. As to UGA, Kirby hasn't had the better team before. This time I think he does. They aren't going to be able to run on UGA and that will put more pressure on Young, who is good but still not seasoned.

Winning teams will almost always get the benefit of the doubt from officials.

Personally thought the non targeting call on Bama was the most egregious error in the game.

It really didn’t matter. Heupel called way too conservative of a game to win. Way too many between the tackle runs. Our passing game is really good but didn’t go to it enough. Also, I still can’t believe we punted on 4th and 1 from mid field while losing. That’s a gutless call. Players have to see confidence to believe they can win. They didn’t see that from their leader tinught
A gutless call? That’s a stretch being that we couldn’t buy a short conversion last night.

More aggressive gameplan and less runs up the middle when the box is stacked. Is Hooker running the RPO correctly? Coach him up if he is not. Go for it on 4th down when we you are trying to stay competitively in a game with a team that has more talent and depth across the board. Never concede defeat by trying to keep the score respectable versus trying to win the game. Heupel has the team playing with heart and I like his offensive scheme. It can be prolific at times like we have seen, however the TOP is killing the defense. For every good drive , we have a three and out or two. Need to improve there. Too many penalties, Execution needs to improve and find a solution. Banks makes a good play every now and then but is a liability overall. Beasley is not a D1 linebacker. Play extra Db’s against mobile Qb’s since our linebackers are too slow to contain them. Additional points to come later.
That was a critique, not a game plan.

It didn’t matter.
Of course it matters. It matters win or lose. If a co-worker were more talented than you but you outworked them would it matter if they still got the better raise? Would it matter if a layoff occurred?

It matters that #6 was blatantly held right in front of the head official on a play critical for Bama pulling away. It matters because they repeatedly let holding go on 3rd down... any wonder why they could never get off the field? It matters because there was a flagrant PI on a pass that could have helped UT stay competitive in the 2nd half.

I know that the SEC officiating tends to protect its highly ranked teams. But basic fairness and consistency in officiating matters. That's two weeks in a row that poor officiating has bitten UT. Ridiculous. It is a scandal and needs to be fixed.

Would it have meant a UT win? In all likelihood NO. And "rule of law" and equal justice still matter....maybe matter the most. Those should be lessons that sports teach... not mock.

Last edited:
So what level of perfection are you looking for? Heupel is doing a very good job with the hand he was dealt. We knew UT had very little experience on the OL. Now they're playing without their best two OL's- Calbert and Mays. Both RB's are playing hurt.

At the end of this game, coaches were coaching and players were playing like it mattered without looking at the scoreboard. Honestly... that's really the first time I've seen that as a UT fan. Even under Fulmer they collapsed repeatedly when top opponents got a big lead on them.

Heupel needs more talented guys with more experience. No coach is going to have the perfection you seem to be looking for. Saban doesn't. His talent covers a multitude of flaws.

VN Store

Back