Alabama game officiating...

Good grief, stop it. It did not matter. Bama played poorly and still beat us by a bunch.

You sound just like Greg McElroy. Had nothing to do with the grit and hustle the Vols brought, it was always how bad Alabama was playing. Gtfo. We punched them right in the mouth. More than once

It’s been this way since Bear’s day. To beat them, you really gotta beat them. It can’t be close.

Reactions: Voltopia
Everyone jumping on officials is the “In” thing to do these days. If you don’t like the way it’s done, you should go join your local chapter of officials. It’s not as easy as you think. Yes some are not as good as others. Get over it. I’m sure there are people that are better at your job than you are.

Some suck, get over it. Lol. Awesome.

I like what Heupel has done. Hope he can recruit to the levels as Alabama and Georgia. I feel like we let two games get away from us(Ole Miss and Pitt). Last week we were a better team than Ole Miss but failure of the coaching staff to make the adjustments to contain Corral cost us the game. Perfection on a given day is nearly impossible but improvement is especially when you have outplayed an opponent like Ole Miss and fail to make the necessary adjustments to contain the one guy who single handedly beat you.
I agree they should have beaten both of those teams. The inability to stop Corral was mystifying. It wasn't like they were able to do anything else consistently.

Heupel is responsible. I think it was a "reasonable" decision based on the info he had. But UT lost to Pitt solely because they chose Milton as the starter. With Hooker, that game would have looked a whole lot like Mizzou.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Everyone jumping on officials is the “In” thing to do these days. If you don’t like the way it’s done, you should go join your local chapter of officials. It’s not as easy as you think. Yes some are not as good as others. Get over it. I’m sure there are people that are better at your job than you are.
I've umpired and officiated basketball. There's a difference between a missed call or a misjudgment and some of the stuff that's happened over the last two weeks. It was either incompetence that should never be tolerated or else it was something worse.... that shouldn't be tolerated.

It isn't new. It isn't "in". In fact, it is less of a thing than it used to be.

The officials almost look like they are seeking sabans approval in the middle of a call. Last night they made a call against Bama and realistically just a five yard penalty repeat first down to me that’s not a bad call espyif you don’t get any or many yards.

I've umpired and officiated basketball. There's a difference between a missed call or a misjudgment and some of the stuff that's happened over the last two weeks. It was either incompetence that should never be tolerated or else it was something worse.... that shouldn't be tolerated.

It isn't new. It isn't "in". In fact, it is less of a thing than it used to be.
It has been going on for years but if you listen, people are jumping on officials and calling for them to be available for postgame questions and the like from high school to the NFL level. It’s just ridiculous. I have officiated football since 2005 and it’s a different animal than basketball.

I agree they should have beaten both of those teams. The inability to stop Corral was mystifying. It wasn't like they were able to do anything else consistently.

Heupel is responsible. I think it was a "reasonable" decision based on the info he had. But UT lost to Pitt solely because they chose Milton as the starter. With Hooker, that game would have looked a whole lot like Mizzou.
I agree with you on every point made.

You want to see bama officiating. Look at Bama"s last TD. Wait for the replay and watch the block in the back.The ref watched it about 10 yds away.

VN Store

Back