Alabama 1/2/2021 (Final: Bama 71, TN 63)

Thunder Good-Oil

Vols Fall at Home to Alabama, 71-63 - University of Tennessee Athletics

Saturday at the TBA. 6pm. ESPN2.

I’m glad it’s not in Gumpaloosa. Potential trap game. Alabama usually has a big, strong, physical roster. I know nothing about them this year but they did easily handle Mississippi 2 nights ago.

If Pons stays at the level he was at versus MO last night it should be a W.

Last edited:

I’m glad it’s not in Gumpaloosa. Potential trap game. Alabama usually has a big, strong, physical roster. I know nothing about them this year but they did easily handle Mississippi 2 nights ago.

It is always a crap shoot when you play a team that has the 3 as such a large component of their game plan, especially athletic guys that can take you off the dribble. They will get their shots up, but will they fall? Two years ago they marched into TBA, Petty shot lights out and they almost won against a superior Tennessee team. This game worries me because of the very nature of basketball, but man, that Vol performance last night was impressive.

It is always a crap shoot when you play a team that has the 3 as such a large component of their game plan, especially athletic guys that can take you off the dribble. They will get their shots up, but will they fall? Two years ago they marched into TBA, Petty shot lights out and they almost won against a superior Tennessee team. This game worries me because of the very nature of basketball, but man, that Vol performance last night was impressive.

I like our perimeter defense this year compared to that squad from a couple years ago.

Think i posted after Tide's ole miss win that the biggest difference from last year was they were much deeper and that their achilles'; heel appeared to be a bit too much selfish plays on offense, frequent scoring droughts and a tendency to get into foul trouble.

two dangerous UA names are herb and jones, and we need to get him int0 early foul trrouble.. petty has had several bad nights but the basket alway seem wider when he faces the vol.

quinnerly, the Villanova transfer, is getting it together at the point. shackleford can score and rojas looks like he could become a thug. lots of good athletes on bench thats can add spark during scoring lulls..

Wont be able to watch game (thankfully it's not down here) and it's my hope the Cringing Tide wont develop some chemistry and start sharing the ball. I ;ve stayed out of coleman the past 20 years after too many painful losses and not-so-kind, or bright, fans.

I sense a W for the Good Guys

Last edited:
My uncle, Roger took me to a Vols-Tide game, at Stokely, sometime during the Bear's last win streak against the football Vols (between '80-'84). Vols pounded 'em and the crowd chanted, "Go to hell, Bama, Go to hell". I loved it, since my uncle was doing it and said I could, too, he said my mom didn't have to know about it. Pretty sure, Dale Ellis was the man on that Vols team

My uncle, Roger took me to a Vols-Tide game, at Stokely, sometime during the Bear's last win streak against the football Vols (between '80-'84). Vols pounded 'em and the crowd chanted, "Go to hell, Bama, Go to hell". I loved it, since my uncle was doing it and said I could, too, he said my mom didn't have to know about it. Pretty sure, Dale Ellis was the man on that Vols team

Dale Ellis is my favorite Vol. Great player

The Bear’s last streak was 1971-1981. Johnny ended it in 1982 with the World’s Fair next door. Ellis played through 1983 iirc.

Better not take them lightly. Alabama always plays us well and Nate Oats is a very good coach. He’s the first coach they’ve hired in several years that I feel will have them contending in the conference in the next few years.

VN Store

Back