'21 AL WR Roc Taylor (Memphis signee)

Sounds like a loose description of usain bolt... pretty sure he could run a pretty quick 40 if he needed to.
Bolt had very muscular legs. If you ever watched a Bolt race, he was always a poor starter. He never caught the leaders until the halfway mark, so no, I don't think he could run a quick 40. That was not his game. That is the game of Christian Coleman. I fully believe that Moss might have had world class speed in the 100 or 200, but he just has never been built for quick acceleration out of the blocks, which is required if you are measuring time over 40 yards.

Last edited:
Reactions: karmazone
Bolt had very muscular legs. If you ever watched a Bolt race, he was always a poor starter. He never caught the leaders until the halfway mark, so no, I don't think he could run a quick 40. That was not his game. That is the game of Christian Coleman. I fully believe that Moss might have had world class speed in the 100 or 200, but he just has never been built for quick acceleration out of the blocks, which is required if you are measuring time over 40 yards.
There was a time he was going to try for the NFL...sooooo...

99ACB8CA-B8A8-4109-AACE-451B6A5E375B.png

Bolt ran 4.20 in jogging pants and sneakers at 31 years old.

Reactions: Smokebern20
During the season and after the season, they were interested but they weren’t interested like they are now,” he said of Auburn. “They weren’t dedicated to me like Tennessee was. And Tennessee was, like, interested in me, dedicated to me, calling, checking up on me every day and all that.

“They’re just now doing that, and Tennessee’s been doing it.”
- 247 Ryan Callahan

It’s a long article so not posting it all. But it basically says that he is solid to UT and that if Auburn wanted him they should of been recruiting him the whole time like UT.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
For starters, let's talk about Taylor's height and weight. We have him listed at 6-feet, 212 pounds. According to the coaching staff at Oxford, Taylor now is 6-feet-3.5 (and pushing 6-4) and weighs around 217 to 220 or so.

-Since there has always been some question about Taylor's speed, we asked people who would know what his typical 40-yard dash time is. We're told it's around 4.7 seconds. While not a burner, that would make him plenty fast enough for a big receiver. The thing is, multiple people we talked to said he is "football fast" and pointed to a game against Pinson Valley (Ala.) last year when he was able to "run away" as they put it from 5-star cornerback Ga'Quincy McKinstry a couple times.

- keith niebuhr

VN Store

Back