'21 AL WR Roc Taylor (Memphis signee)

He’s opened door for a git shirt. They won’t have a problem dropping him if they find someone they like better. They won’t just drop him because they are mad but if they like someone as much or better, he will be replaced and he will realize it when they quit calling. For now, hope he balls out or gets something he likes better.

I don't think we should lose sleep about this kid having an open recruitment. I'd like to see his senior film and some up-to-date measurables, but as of right now... meh.

There’s alot of time left in the recruiting cycle. This staff has proven they can identify and close on high end prospects. I’m not concerned.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
There’s alot of time left in the recruiting cycle. This staff has proven they can identify and close on high end prospects. I’m not concerned.
They proved it with the '19 class. What made the '20 class impressive was the number of 3 star guys the staff identified that became 4 star guys. We haven't seen those guys on the field yet, but how those guys perform will be a good litmus test for this staff's evaluation ability. Given those results in recruiting, it's hard to really question their strategy right now, but it's not wrong to wish for a little April/May fireworks. CJP and Co. should have 100% control of the locker room given the win streak and the departure of most of the Butch holdovers with questionable attitudes/loyalties. The Vols need to continue to beat the Least of the East, and win a game or 2 against the 4 elite opponents on the schedule, or at least show they're competitive with them. Up to now they've been selling a dream to recruits, now these kids need to see some results.

I don't think we should lose sleep about this kid having an open recruitment. I'd like to see his senior film and some up-to-date measurables, but as of right now... meh.

I like him a lot, BUT there's always some player blooming their SR that we will want more and wish we could take near the end.

Regardless if this kid sticks or not, I have no doubt we will get another fantastic WR class. Last year signing Hyatt and Goodman alone made our class awesome. Only really need two good ones this class.

I like him a lot, BUT there's always some player blooming their SR that we will want more and wish we could take near the end.

Regardless if this kid sticks or not, I have no doubt we will get another fantastic WR class. Last year signing Hyatt and Goodman alone made our class awesome. Only really need two good ones this class.
I wanna see him run another timed 40 in the 4.65 range. I'm concerned he's not fast enough to separate as a WR and if he bulks up to play TE can he still run a 4.8?

But yes, Hyatt, Wideman, and Calloway (I have a hunch he'll move to DB) are def worth getting excited about.

Reactions: LittleVol
Ebony Jackson is I think who they're referring to, but I have no recollection of him having any problems.
He is the player and he is an outstanding athlete. However, he did not want to attend classes, rebelled against working our in the weight room and dropped out of school. I do not know where he is now or if he is graduating at all. It he can enroll at Maryland, it will be interesting what happens. He had committed to at least 3 different P5 schools, maybe more.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
He is the player and he is an outstanding athlete. However, he did not want to attend classes, rebelled against working our in the weight room and dropped out of school. I do not know where he is now or if he is graduating at all. It he can enroll at Maryland, it will be interesting what happens. He had committed to at least 3 different P5 schools, maybe more.
Sounds kinda like...who was it...Ricky Williams? Just finally said eff it, would rather smoke weed than play football.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
247 list him as a commit to Arkansas but doesn't show that he has signed

247 list him as a commit to Arkansas but doesn't show that he has signed
He is currently committed to Arkansas. He is recovering from a severely injured knee and I don’t know how progressing in his recovery. Regardless, I think he will have to go the JUCO route because of grades. I think he will be there for two years and find a way to go to the NFL. He is a terrific football and some compare him to Hershel Walker when he was in high school. If he ends up at a 4 year college, that college would have an offensive advantage over any other school at their level.

Reactions: VolInDayton
Kid is legit. He will be a 4 star, probably top 250. Nice body control, gets good separation. Great pickup for TN.

Btw, put this name in your back pocket, Tre’quon Fegans. Teammate of Taylor and is a stud. Had 5 int, and all 5 were returned for TD. Will be a BIG name in 2022 and I do know TN has offered and he REALLY likes UT.

Kid is legit. He will be a 4 star, probably top 250. Nice body control, gets good separation. Great pickup for TN.

Btw, put this name in your back pocket, Tre’quon Fegans. Teammate of Taylor and is a stud. Had 5 int, and all 5 were returned for TD. Will be a BIG name in 2022 and I do know TN has offered and he REALLY likes UT.
Why do you think other SEC schools are dragging their feet on offering?

Why do you think other SEC schools are dragging their feet on offering?
Couple things. One, teams haven’t been able to get him on campus to evaluate. Most schools like to do that before giving offers. The CV has really hurt players that are just now coming on the scene in recruiting. Spring of your jr year is normally the biggest timeframe for majority of recruits. Second, where does he fit? Some boards have him as TE, some as WR. I like him as big bodied WR.

Think more offers coming his way.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back