'22 AL WR Marquarius White (Tennessee signee)

I literally feel no concern about this…that’s what this staff has done for me as a fan…

Is this kid a good player…absolutely…

Will this staff replace him with someone equally capable of putting up the same numbers in their system….absolutely no doubt in my mind
Same. If this were a really good LB or DL I’d be like well that sucks. But a WR? Nah.

So you are saying TN will not try to recruit better wide receivers every year while he is here? If TN and their offense is becoming a destination for receivers, won’t there be 4/5 star players in Knoxville to compete with also?
I hope we hold on to him but if he likes another school, team, coach, city, mascot, uniforms, etc., etc., that’s what it is.
The real reason to make a decision is which offensive scheme will allow wide receivers to show their skills. Would you pick Tennessee’s offense or Georgia’s offense if you were looking forward to playing in the NFL? There is no question where I and many high school receivers would choose.

That is the most uninspiring quote from a “commit” I think I have seen in awhile. He definitely ain’t “committed” to TN with a mindset like that.

“I don’t know if it will be tough or not.”

“My mom and sis really like Georgia.”

Yeah, he gone.
1637768824981.gif

I literally feel no concern about this…that’s what this staff has done for me as a fan…

Is this kid a good player…absolutely…

Will this staff replace him with someone equally capable of putting up the same numbers in their system….absolutely no doubt in my mind
Yes, it's such a nice feeling!

Reactions: Vo13
This is part of recruiting unfortunately. Even when you get them, you have to fight to keep them. The positive here is the evaluation skills of our coaches. People keep wanting us to compete for the same players as Bama and UGA. Well, here we are. Let's hope we can hang on to him instead of just conceding another victory for Kirby. To beat them on the field, we'll have to beat them in some of these recruiting battles.
I'm sure anyone that follows recruiting realizes that you have to fight to keep them after they commit. But when they go public saying they are 50/50 and are going to make a decision then they are admitting they are not committed. Do what you need to to replace them if they make a new decision, or you find someone better.

I'm sure anyone that follows recruiting realizes that you have to fight to keep them after they commit. But when they go public saying they are 50/50 and are going to make a decision then they are admitting they are not committed. Do what you need to to replace them if they make a new decision, or you find someone better.
I can't disagree

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Exactly. You never burn a bridge. Keep on them until they sign elsewhere or you get a better talent or are full up.

Yes that 3 te offense is made for a wr there. Nothing like running your ass downfield to watch hand off after hand off. Sign me up
Our offense is better suited for him.

HOWEVER, he is the type of player their team is missing. A Mecole Hardeman, Isiah McKenzie type joystick guy that takes two steps and he's up to full speed.

Imagine you're worried about 5 star RBs , All Conference TEs...a running QB, then all of a sudden you're 1 on 1 with somebody like Squirrel White in the open field with no immediate support. UGA hasn't had that threat since 2017?

Our offense is better suited for him.

HOWEVER, he is the type of player their team is missing. A Mecole Hardeman, Isiah McKenzie type joystick guy that takes two steps and he's up to full speed.

Imagine you're worried about 5 star RBs , All Conference TEs...a running QB, then all of a sudden you're 1 on 1 with somebody like Squirrel White in the open field with no immediate support. UGA hasn't had that threat since 2017?
still got to have a qb to get it to him but I do agree with you but it would be a bad decision for him I think overall and throw the UT fan out of it IMO

VN Store

Back