'22 AL WR Marquarius White (Tennessee signee)

If he decides to go elsewhere there are two WR's in the Bham area that are just as good not committed anywhere just under recruited they will play for the 7a state title in a week and a half in Alabama Peppins and Pegus from Thompson....I watched them on tv last night then found HUDL highlights and was super impressed

Well one of the WR's Peppins just committed to Utah

White told DawgNation he has taken officials to three other schools but is down to Georgia and Tennessee. That decision, he said, is currently “50-50″ between those schools. He had taken his other officials to Louisville, Virginia Tech and Tennessee.

White knows he has a decision to make up ahead, but will not make it until after his senior season. His Clay-Chalkville Cougars are alive in the semifinals of the Alabama High School Association Class 6A state playoffs this week.

“My little sister is already actually a big Georgia fan,” he said. “My Mom likes Georgia already a lot, too.”

“They say I definitely have a spot,” White said. “They say they need me and they want me.”
What does that mean to his recruitment?
“I’m not sure yet,” he said. “I am going to have to see after the season.”
Will this be a tough decision?
“I don’t know if it is going to be tough or not,” he said.

So take him off the committed list? Because 50/50 is not committed. Meanwhile, be looking for a replacement. Someone who is committed somewhere that the coach has been fired would work.
This is part of recruiting unfortunately. Even when you get them, you have to fight to keep them. The positive here is the evaluation skills of our coaches. People keep wanting us to compete for the same players as Bama and UGA. Well, here we are. Let's hope we can hang on to him instead of just conceding another victory for Kirby. To beat them on the field, we'll have to beat them in some of these recruiting battles.

I literally feel no concern about this…that’s what this staff has done for me as a fan…

Is this kid a good player…absolutely…

Will this staff replace him with someone equally capable of putting up the same numbers in their system….absolutely no doubt in my mind

I literally feel no concern about this…that’s what this staff has done for me as a fan…

Is this kid a good player…absolutely…

Will this staff replace him with someone equally capable of putting up the same numbers in their system….absolutely no doubt in my mind

Agreed. Year one and we’re getting more production out of Tillman, Velus, and lately Keyton than we have at any other time during their careers here or elsewhere.

Heupel and this scheme are king makers for receivers.

We’ll be fine.

I don't mind the eval of a 3* by Heupel and crew has been validated by UGA. That's a pretty good indicator that maybe the staff has a little more on the ball than some of you give them credit for.
I've been saying since the summer this kid and Josephs are bigtime players.

Really need to hold on to this kid. In our offense, this is the type of playmaking ability we need to beat the Big 3.

UGA is probably thinking this kid can be another Isaiah McKenzie.

Agreed. Year one and we’re getting more production out of Tillman, Velus, and lately Keyton than we have at any other time during their careers here or elsewhere.

Heupel and this scheme are king makers for receivers.

We’ll be fine.

Which, combined with Georgia doing very little with QBs and WRs, is why flipping to Georgia would be a much worse decision for White than it would for Tennessee.

Does he not understand what he will do in this offense? Georgia will literally recruit over him every year & he will have to compete with 4/5 stars to play.
So you are saying TN will not try to recruit better wide receivers every year while he is here? If TN and their offense is becoming a destination for receivers, won’t there be 4/5 star players in Knoxville to compete with also?
I hope we hold on to him but if he likes another school, team, coach, city, mascot, uniforms, etc., etc., that’s what it is.

Reactions: alexvol and KptVFL

VN Store

Back