'22 AL WR Marquarius White (Tennessee signee)

White has been pretty quiet recently, but he's at least keeping the door open for a couple of other teams. Auburn might be the main threat to Tennessee right now, but we'll see how serious things get there. As of right now, I would say the Vols have a pretty good chance of holding onto him, but you obviously never say never in recruiting.
callahan

Notes From Today's VQ Podcast:
- Kodi Burns should go see him Friday night while in Alabama, staff hasn't been to one of his games yet
- Auburn still pushing hard to flip him
- Barion Brown might be trending towards Kentucky, wouldn't be surprised if Bama tries to flip him if Barion commits to UK

Idk how accurate this is but this guy is usually spot on for everything relating to Bama recruiting

Screenshot_20211020-180314_Instagram.jpg

One commitment that bares watching is Squirrel White. He impressed Alabama at their camp back in the summer but they had a couple of slot-speed guys ahead of him like Barion Brown. Brown is trending hard to Kentucky making White a possible call for Bama. Will they? Time will tell but it’s worth watching. If that happened it would be interesting to see if Tennessee doubled back to Kaydin Pope. Pope continues to put up big numbers but doesn’t have a ton of traction out there.
hubbs

Louisville commit Khalib Johnson threw four touchdown passes – two to Marquarius “Squirrel” White, who is headed to Tennessee – and totaled 307 yards through the air...White caught four passes for 134 yards, including a 64-yard TD on the first Clay-Chalkville play from scrimmage...
Birmingham Roundup: Clay-Chalkville rolls to 11-0

“I’m really a hard Tennessee commit right now, but whatever happens, happens,” White told Niebuhr.

Auburn wasn't a major factor in his recruitment leading up to his commitment this summer. But the Tigers have been more heavily involved with him this season, and he said he's now talking with them "probably twice a week."

While first-year Auburn coach Bryan Harsin's staff hasn't mentioned the possibility of hosting White on an official visit, he said there's a good chance he would take an official visit there if he's invited.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, (the chances) would probably be an 8," said White, who's ranked the No. 527 overall prospect and No. 68 wide receiver in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“He’s a real cool dude,” White told Niebuhr, referring to Kiesau. “They’re telling me they love my speed and think I’d fit in with their offense. I think so, too.”
niebuhr

VN Store

Back