'22 AL WR Marquarius White (Tennessee signee)

I'm beginning to respect Heupel and his eye for talent. The Glover kid and the 6' 5 Florida WR he offered two weeks ago are studs. The RB from Mississippi he offered is another game breaking talent.

Kid had no big offers. But you turn on the tape and see some 160 lba kid out jump or run by everybody he plays against.

Every kid i see with a new offer is super fast
The Gates kid is All-Pro Legacy 4 star guy, but the same story. Ungaurdable with outstanding quickness and speed.

“I’m loyal. I’m quiet, but I get the job done,” White said. “I’m a leader, but it’s more by my actions and work ethic.”

“He said they liked my tape,” White said of Burns. “He said he likes my speed and how Tennessee could use a guy like me.”

Speed kills and White has plenty of it. According to the prospect, he’s been clocked as fast as 4.37 seconds in the 40-yard dash (hand time).

“I was excited about the offer to Tennessee – it’s a good one. I like Tennessee a lot. I grew up watching the Vols play and my family vacations to Gatlinburg a lot.”

“Compared to other virtual visits I’ve been on, Tennessee stacks up well. The facility is nice and I really, really like the dining hall. Their facilities are the best I’ve seen.”

“I’ve talked to him a few times,” White said of Heupel. “He’s a funny dude and likes to joke around, but is serious when it comes down to it. He said he really needs me up there. The offense is also really exciting.”
e. cain

Marquarius White has heard plenty from Tennessee since getting a scholarship offer from the Vols more than two months ago, and he recently included them on a list of his top college choices. He’s now planning to take a closer look at them when he gets a chance to hit the road.

The Class of 2022 wide receiver from Clay-Chalkville High School in Pinson, Ala., said he’s scheduled to take an official visit to Tennessee the weekend of June 18. He said he talks with the Vols on a daily basis, and they’re one of a handful of teams currently recruiting him hardest, along with Ole Miss, Virginia Tech and Alabama.
“I’ve got a good relationship with all of them,” White said of first-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff. “I could see myself playing for Tennessee. I can just talk to them about anything, for real — on and off the field.”

White now holds offers from nearly 20 schools, including eight SEC programs, after adding offers from Georgia and Auburn on back-to-back days last week. But even with his list of college choices still growing, he said “it don’t matter about the big programs, for real.” He’s more concerned about simply finding the right fit for him.

Tennessee is one of the schools standing out to him at the moment. He named a top 10 that included the Vols on April 15, and he admitted they’re near the top of his list of favorites.

“They’re in my top,” said White, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 67 wide receiver in the 2022 class. “They’re in the very top.”

Heupel’s staff extended an offer to him on Feb. 22 and has stayed in frequent contact with him since then, led by first-year wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. White said he also hears from Heupel, who was hired Jan. 27 to replace former Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt.

“They’ve just been saying they can really use a guy like me in the slot,” said White, who claims to have been timed at 4.37 seconds in the 40-yard dash. “(They like) the speed, for sure.”

He said he has “never been to Tennessee,” but he at least looked into the possibility of attending the Vols’ spring-ending Orange and White Game last weekend. He said his track schedule ultimately prevented him from making the trip to Knoxville.
-Callahan

“I definitely see them as top-two,” said White, who’s ranked the No. 501 overall prospect and No. 68 wide receiver in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I ain’t taking no more visits,” he said. “I think I’m getting close to a decision.”

“It was cool. I liked the visit,” White said. “I really liked the photo shoot a lot. I liked the coaches, as well, (and) the football players. They’re just all like brothers.

“I really like Coach Heup a lot. The whole coaching staff really stood out for me. … He’s a great coach.”

“They really want me here,” White said. “They said they really need me here. They want to use me as a slot. I think they see me as a deep threat.”
r.callahan

VN Store

Back