'20 AL WR Kris Abrams-Draine

i wouldn't say he's on commitment watch during the visit next weekend, but Tennessee is probably the team in the best shape with Abrams-Draine right now. The Vols and Arkansas recently have been the teams recruiting him hardest, and he already has made a couple of visits to Tennessee, including one last month. If Tennessee continues to push for him, I think the Vols will have a good chance. But he's making it sound like he's probably going to wait awhile to announce a final decision since he just decommitted.
Callahan

If he hadn't JUST decommitted, I'd say he might be on commit watch. But as Callahan said a few posts above, he may want to wait to commit anywhere else since he just decommitted.

Kris Abrams-Draine, maybe the most explosive offensive player in Alabama, is fresh off of an LSU decommitment and has some busy plans upcoming. He'll visit Florida, Florida State and probably West Virginia, but he's frequented UT and was back on campus over the weekend. I'm starting to hear strong UT vibes from his camp down in Mobile that even preceded the most recent trip up. I doubt he makes another commitment so soon after backing off of the one-year pledge to LSU, but if I had to take a leap today I'd say the Vols are the team to beat.

- John Garcia Jr, 247

"They are at the top," he said of UT. "The relationship with the commits like Harrison Bailey and because they need wide receivers. Coach (Tee) Martin said they are taking three receivers and they want me to be one."

The 6-foot, 170-pound prospect, who dabbles as a defensive back and scoring guard in basketball for Spanish Fort, also got some time with Jeremy Pruitt while in Knoxville. "We were just catching up," Abrams-Draine said. "The vibe there was amazing. The fans were to happy to watch football and it was a good visit. And they threw the ball a lot."

The fellow high school prospect who is likely to one day command that UT passing offense spent time recruiting one of the best in the Yellowhammer State. "Harrison, that's my homie," he said. "He so cool. We were talking about the wide receiver records and he was like, 'what year you want to beat it?'"

A former LSU commitment after being pledged for a year, Abrams-Draine doesn't plan on making another decision in the near future, however. "After I take my official visits then I’ll probably wait like a week before signing," he said. "And I'm signing in the early period."

"Harrison, that's my homie," he said. "He so cool. We were talking about the wide receiver records and he was like, 'what year you want to beat it?'"

giphy.gif

Obvious followup question.... "So... what year did you say?"

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Spanish Fort, Ala. receiver Kris Draine was an LSU commit two weeks ago. But since backing off that commitment, Tennessee has surged to the top of his now open recruitment. “Tennessee is on top,” Draine said following last weekend’s trip to Rocky Top. “I enjoyed spending time with the commits, coach Pruitt and coach Tee Martin,” Draine said.

He’s also impressed with the Big Orange Nation. “Their fans are very passionate about every sport,” Draine offered. “It doesn’t matter if it gymnastics they are still passionate about it.” Tennessee’s message to Draine has been simple. They need speed. It’s a message that Draine also hears from Vol commitment Harrison Bailey. “Harrison and I have a good relationship,” Draine offered. “He asks me all the time if I want to beat the receiver record with him at Tennessee.”

Alabama native and receiver coach Tee Martin is Draine’s lead recruiter. The two have developed a good bond and Draine said Martin has made him a priority. “When he first got the job and he went on the road as soon as he could, he came by the school. We are from the same city so we obviously have a lot in common,” Draine said.

“He tells Tennessee is not too far from home, but it’s not too close either. He was like when he was there it’s crazy. He says the school is going to turn back to how it was.” In addition to Tennessee, Draine has recently seen Florida. He has interest in Auburn, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia Tech and Oregon as well. “If they need me there and if it’s the best fit for me,” Draine said of what he’s looking for in this college home.

-VQ

we're taking, what, 4 WR's in this class? gimme Jarret, EJ, Draine and either Moose or the kid from Marietta.....i'd say we should be in very good shape.

Reactions: T Dog
Interesting to me that despite our crap past decade we always have at least 1 WR that is very good.

Low 4 star? Do not want.

Thought we were in on some higher rated guys.

VN Store

Back