'21 AL WR Jordan Mosley (Northwestern commit)

He’s seen enough from Tennessee already though to want to end the process early, becoming the Vols first commitment in the 2021 class.

"I just loved the environment there. The people are really nice and they have nice facilities. The coaching staff is really good and I like the opportunity that’s there for me coming in to get on the field,” he said of his early decision.

“I’m really happy to have this decision behind me. My family loves Tennessee. They’re behind me all the way.”

Martin’s efforts, and the relationship he and Mosley have already formed were obviously key in locking down such an early commitment.

“I usually talk to Tee about a lot of things, about getting better at my position and other things. He’s just been a nice guy and a genuine guy the whole time. I feel like I have a really good connection with him and I think it will be great playing under him,” Mosley said.

“He told me about recruiting, don’t just go somewhere to be recruited, go somewhere that you can make an impact as soon as you get there. That’s one of the things that I really like about Tennessee, I think I can get on the field early.”

Mosley’s point about the Vols’ need for receivers is hardly hollow. Tennessee will lose six receivers off the current roster before Mosley shows up on campus, making that spot a bit of a priority in the next couple of classes.

There’s no doubt what Mosley’s forte is, he’s a speed guy with the skills to do some damage after he’s got the ball in his hands.

“My strength is definitely my speed. I’m quicker than a lot of people. That’s one thing I can do is get off the ball. I feel like my releases are a strength, getting off the line,” he said.

“Coach Martin likes my work ethic. I love to work. I love to compete. I try to get better everyday.”
VQ

pRKdWiK.gif

VN Store

Back