CLASS OF 19
HOOVER, AL
(HOOVER)

George Pickens, Hoover, Wide Receiver

Rivals.com

George Pickens - Hudl

Auburn commit, visiting UT soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOOVER, Ala. — George Pickens is a 2019 wide receiver and he is one of the best in the country. The 6-foot-4, 190 pound playmaker committed to Auburn in July, but other schools have definitely not given up on him. He has added numerous offers since his commitment to the Tigers, who signed his former teammate, wide receiver Shedrick Jackson in the 2018 class and Pickens is listening to what other schools have to say.

The Rivals 250 talent plans to take some visits, that has always been his plan, but he will a tough pull from Auburn. "I am going to take visits to Georgia, Florida and Tennessee, but I am still committed to Auburn right now," said Pickens. "For me to change my mind and to go a school other than Auburn, it would have to be a better environment for me. I would just have to feel better. "How I feel at Auburn is at home, so that is why I am committed to them."

Pickens has not visited Athens, Gainesville or Knoxville yet. A school he has visited more than once though since being committed to Auburn is Alabama. He knew Jeremy Pruitt from his time in Tuscaloosa, so that is a big part of why the Vols have his attention.

"Tennessee really just jumped in the picture when coach Pruitt took that job. I started hearing from them, so I started looking up their program and I have started talking to their coaches. "Coach Pruitt wants me there and when we talked, he told me to come there, be my own man and start my own legacy there at Tennessee. I am definitely going to check them out."

Like Tennessee, Florida had a coaching change in the off-season as well. Dan Mullen left Mississippi State to take over at the Swamp and that caught Pickens' attention. "I think coach Mullen can change things at Florida," said Pickens. "He did a great job at Mississippi State, especially on offense, so I want to get down there. I have heard about the great environment at Florida and I like coach Mullen, so they are a school I will be visiting."

"I am about building relationships with coaches right now," said Pickens. "I want to see how close I can get to a coach and how we relate. That will tell me a lot about a school and just how I feel about them. "Auburn is a school I still feel great about, but I have to look around and make sure of everything."

- Rivals

Kid is an absolute man-child and can fly!! So elusive in the open field as well! Imagine Tagovailoa throwing to pickens!!

From Rivals --- Mental note to keep Nolan Smith away from Knoxville from the bolded statement in the article, as he was in Auburn at the same time.

HOOVER, Ala. — George Pickens is a 2019 wide receiver and he is one of the best in the country. The 6-foot-4, 190 pound playmaker committed to Auburn in July, but other schools have definitely not given up on him.

He has added numerous offers since his commitment to the Tigers, who signed his former teammate, wide receiver Shedrick Jackson in the 2018 class and Pickens is listening to what other schools have to say.

The Rivals 250 talent plans to take some visits, that has always been his plan, but he will a tough pull from Auburn.

"I am going to take visits to Georgia, Florida and Tennessee, but I am still committed to Auburn right now," said Pickens. "For me to change my mind and to go a school other than Auburn, it would have to be a better environment for me. I would just have to feel better.

"How I feel at Auburn is at home, so that is why I am committed to them."

Pickens has not visited Athens, Gainesville or Knoxville yet. A school he has visited more than once though since being committed to Auburn is Alabama. He knew Jeremy Pruitt from his time in Tuscaloosa, so that is a big part of why the Vols have his attention.

"Tennessee really just jumped in the picture when coach Pruitt took that job. I started hearing from them, so I started looking up their program and I have started talking to their coaches.

"Coach Pruitt wants me there and when we talked, he told me to come there, be my own man and start my own legacy there at Tennessee. I am definitely going to check them out."

Like Tennessee, Florida had a coaching change in the off-season as well. Dan Mullen left Mississippi State to take over at the Swamp and that caught Pickens' attention.

"I think coach Mullen can change things at Florida," said Pickens. "He did a great job at Mississippi State, especially on offense, so I want to get down there. I have heard about the great environment at Florida and I like coach Mullen, so they are a school I will be visiting."

The only visit he has scheduled at this time is to Georgia this weekend. The Bulldogs have come on strong in February and the two have recently been in communication daily.

He is ready to see Athens.

"I really like the people around Georgia and how they play. They have great coaches, they play aggressive and they go hard after it. They have been on me hard the last few weeks and I have been talking to coach [Glenn] Schumann a good bit.

"I have talked to one of their commitments too, Nolan Smith, and he told me some things about their program and what they are building there. I just want to check it out and see what it is like."

Pickens is not even thinking about re-opening his recruitment or anything like that, but he is open to hearing what other coaches have to say and he is going to give other schools a shot.

Like most commitments, he is going to take visits. Auburn will be very tough to beat though. He talks with offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey and wide receivers coach Kodi Burns every day, so he is tight with those guys. Will another coach be able to build that type of relationship with this four star?

"I am about building relationships with coaches right now," said Pickens. "I want to see how close I can get to a coach and how we relate. That will tell me a lot about a school and just how I feel about them.

"Auburn is a school I still feel great about, but I have to look around and make sure of everything."

VN Store

Back