'19 AL WR George Pickens (UGA signee)

But can Kirby coach? Or was he just getting by on talent and very good coordinators?
HC is always only as good as his coordinators but you aren’t going to win Iditarod with Dachshunds, gotta have the Sled Dogs.

Do I think he’s Great at X’s and O’s? No, not really but neither is Saban imo. I do think Saban is the Greatest CEO I’ve ever seen in CFB but if you look at his record against as talented teams, he’s around 500 like he was in the NFL. Both are good at gameplans but the Best coaches imo are the ones who adjust the best in game.

Reactions: Easyriders
TN has always done a great job recruiting nationally, mostly however out of necessity. Nashville is changing that IMO, Titans being there helps as well, get those NFL legacy kids. As for UGA recruiting, Kirby has the best of both worlds, talent galore in his backyard and he cherry picks around the nation for the rest. He’s pulled the #1 state player from New York, Pennsylvania, NC, FL, MS, IL, TN, SC, RI, etc and top 5 from all over and took the top 2 out of AL this year, both 5-stars. UT and UGA have almost identical history. Tied against each other, tied in SEC championships, UGA has been named NC 6x (claim 2 like UT did), UT now claims 6, UGA has more Bowls, Bowl wins and Heismans, UT has more overall wins 830-819.
Still doesn't change the fact that we are a national brand. And I'm not giving football all the credit. Pat Summit played a huge role in that as well.

Still doesn't change the fact that we are a national brand. And I'm not giving football all the credit. Pat Summit played a huge role in that as well.
Pat was the face of WBB, girls dreamed of being a Vol. Never thought I could look at the SEC and only see 4 teams with worse SEC records. Fulmer’s first big test against adversity as AD, does he fire Holly? Been 11 years since a run in the tourney and I think everyone would be shocked if one came this year. Longer he waits the worse it will get.

VN Store

Back