'19 AL WR George Pickens (UGA signee)

It's possible he wanted to go decommit in person to Gus. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility that he felt it necessary to do that in person since he's been committed for so long there.

Obviously this is a very optimistic logical explanation of his visit back to AU after his visit.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
It’s more than bagmen. He’s close with their incoming QB Bo Nix. Did an interview a while back where he talked about how Nix knew how to throw to him (or something like that).

I want Pickens here but if not here then go to Auburn and give Uga and Alabama a fight every year.

It’s more than bagmen. He’s close with their incoming QB Bo Nix. Did an interview a while back where he talked about how Nix knew how to throw to him (or something like that).

I want Pickens here but if not here then go to Auburn and give Uga and Alabama a fight every year.

Yeah, Nix is basically their Bailey. He'll be a good one if Gus doesn't get in his way. I can understand him being a pull for offensive playmakers.

It's possible he wanted to go decommit in person to Gus. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility that he felt it necessary to do that in person since he's been committed for so long there.

Obviously this is a very optimistic logical explanation of his visit back to AU after his visit.
Bless your heart...

Reactions: drylo and UT_King
If you were to include the two transfers (Soloman and Gibbs), then add Wright... that would put us at #5 overall... #4 in the SEC... coming off a 5-7 season

... I'd consider that "right at the top" in any scenario... but in our current one... that's knocking it out of the park... and there may be surprises on signing day.......... so... I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say? You think Pruitt didn't deliver this year? o_O

(Granted other schools probably have transfers that aren't included in their rating... but we'd still at least be top 10 if all were included)
As transfers, Solomon is rated 0.95 and Gibbs 0.87. Adding those two and Darnell Wright bumps us to a class rating of 270.27, which is good for 10th overall (5th SEC).

I'm not trying to discredit your post, because I wholeheartedly agree. Just providing additional context.

As transfers, Solomon is rated 0.95 and Gibbs 0.87. Adding those two and Darnell Wright bumps us to a class rating of 270.27, which is good for 10th overall (5th SEC).

I'm not trying to discredit your post, because I wholeheartedly agree. Just providing additional context.
Where’d you get that rating from? 🤨

Do transfers count in the 25 man recruiting class rankings? I'm not being a smart alleck, I'm genuinely asking. I don't remember seeing them counted in ours or anybody else's in the past, at least not the non-JUCO variety transfer. Like say Wolf goes to UGA or Ohio State, will he count in their classes?

Do transfers count in the 25 man recruiting class rankings? I'm not being a smart alleck, I'm asking? I don't remember seeing them counted in ours or anybody else's really, at least not the non-JUCO variety transfer.
No, not built in to the rating... not real sure why that is considering they take up an IC

Do transfers count in the 25 man recruiting class rankings? I'm not being a smart alleck, I'm genuinely asking. I don't remember seeing them counted in ours or anybody else's really, at least not the non-JUCO variety transfer.
They aren't included in the class rankings, but 247 has recently started rating them as transfers. I believe once they get a year or two under their belt with transfer rankings that they will start factoring them in. They do count towards the 25 initial counters per class, although which year they count towards depends on the situation.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
They aren't included in the class rankings, but 247 has recently started rating them as transfers. I believe once they get a year or two under their belt with transfer rankings that they will start factoring them in. They do count towards the 25 initial counters per class, although which year they count towards depends on the situation.

It certainly is justified to include them in class ratings if they count towards a class scholarship limit.

The post above mine was a BVS related post but the OP didn't use Vols for the V. I ignored it the first few times posters substituted the word for Vols but I just finally had to say something. Either OP changed the post or mods removed it. Either way, I appreciate it.

Hope we get Pickens!
Some forget we have females on here sometimes.

Just a thought... so shoot me.

Maybe after the visit went so well he wanted to go back to Auburn one last time before making his final call. He has been committed to them for a long time. Maybe it means no more than the visit left him more undecided than he was previously?

I personally doubt he suddenly had the urge for a hug fest with Malzahn... but I don't see a guy traveling that far just to de-commit either.

Why? We all know how this unfolds, it happens every year. Some "insider" posts we are in a good postion, people lap it up like a dog then then on signing day we are dissapointed and calling out our coaches ability to recruit.

No good reason to remain in this thread then, yes?

Yet here we are.
BewitchedSpectacularIceblueredtopzebra-small.gif

Reactions: INKYBERRYVOL
If your grades are in question, Auburn has been known to pay HS guidance counselors to change that (see Jovon Robinson)

Agree. His "chances" of getting eligible are far better at Auburn than they are at Tennessee. We'll probably hear about how it was done in about 4 yrs.....

VN Store

Back