'21 AL WDE Jeremiah Williams (Florida commit)

145D3955-BE43-43D0-AD22-A8D97EF79775.jpeg
giphy.gif

He said he’s interested in the Vols because of “how much potential they have.”

“Once everything gets to clicking, they’re going to be something serious,” said Williams, who has received offers from more than 15 schools, including Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame and Ole Miss.

as far as the fans...

“They have some good fans. Even though they’re not having the best season, they’ve been there to support them no matter what.

“That was the loudest stadium I’ve ever been to. That was, like, the best atmosphere. I didn’t think their fans would be, like, into it. But when they scored, it was like they were having a perfect season.”

Tennessee made Williams' top schools list last month, along with another 10-12 programs. The Alabama linebacker visited Rocky Top. for the Georgia game in early October. Auburn and Kentucky are recruiting Williams hard, same for Kevin Sherrer and the Vols.
-VQ

Reactions: T Dog
A trip to Gatlinburg, Tenn., this weekend for Saturday’s Rocky Top 7v7 Classic gave Jeremiah Williams another opportunity to visit Tennessee on Sunday with his teammates. And he’s already planning to return there soon. The four-star Class of 2021 defensive end/linebacker from Ramsay High School in Birmingham, Ala., visited the Vols on Sunday for the third time in less than five months, and he said Tennessee and Florida are “the two who are showing the most love right now” among the more than 30 schools pursuing him.

The 6-foot-3, 224-pound Williams also attended Tennessee’s home game Oct. 5 against Georgia and its junior day on Jan. 25, and he said he expects to be back in Knoxville to see one of the Vols’ spring practices. He spent a few hours at Tennessee on Sunday and met with coach Jeremy Pruitt, defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer and new outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton while he was there.

“They showed me a lot of love. I got to sit down and watch film, talk to Coach Pruitt,” said Williams, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 67 overall prospect and No. 5 weakside defensive end in the 2021 class. “They were showing me, like, techniques and how I can play different positions in their defense. Basically, (they said) I can come in and play if I do what I’ve got to do.”

Williams said he has been talking with Tennessee’s coaches “multiple times out of the week,” and the Vols “for sure” are standing out to him because of “the family feeling they show” and their honesty. “They’re going to tell you what it is,” he said. “They ain’t going to try to hide nothing from you. They’re going to tell you the same thing that they’re going to tell you when you get there. “They ain’t trying to sugarcoat nothing.”

Niedermeyer, Felton and Ansley again told Williams, he said, that he could play “all four” linebacker positions in Tennessee’s defense. Williams said he particularly enjoyed meeting with Felton, one of the newest members of the Vols’ staff. “I got to sit down and talk to Coach Felton for the first time,” Williams said. “I actually got to sit down and talk to him for the first time, like, face-to-face, person-to-person. He’s real cool. He’s genuine.”

If UF is the other school that is recruiting him heavy, I hope he is averse to make out sessions with herpes infested middle aged coaches wives. If that's his thing, then we've probably already lost him.
Can’t defeat herpes. Can only hope to survive it. 😔

If UF is the other school that is recruiting him heavy, I hope he is averse to make out sessions with herpes infested middle aged coaches wives. If that's his thing, then we've probably already lost him.

Favorite song is "Simplex Man".

VN Store

Back