'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

I may not be fully understanding the situation as I am trying to check out of UT football, but would he have signed at all (announced or not) on ESD if there had ever been any real chance that Pruitt was going to be fired?
I'm thinking Fulmer convinced him that he would make sure Pruitt was back in spite of some boosters and the fans, and if he wasn't they would get him out of it someway. Otherwise why not announce it? Unless they really were trying to repay Auburn for the Hardy situation. Pure speculation on my part.

I may not be fully understanding the situation as I am trying to check out of UT football, but would he have signed at all (announced or not) on ESD if there had ever been any real chance that Pruitt was going to be fired?
Was prolly why Fulmer was on the phone like a teenage girl.

Reactions: EBVol865
Lol. This staff turned Phillips and Tuttle into NFL Rookie Starters. Callaway making plays for Saints as rookie. The DL was expected to be a disaster the year before and it ended up being developed into a serviceable unit with no big names on it. Darrell Taylor became a 2nd rd pick and SEC leader in sacks. Kivon Bennett was developed into a good OLB when he was recruited as a DT by Butch. Johnson development was solid. Kongbo looked worthless until the year Pruitt got hold of him and if not for injury would have had a big finish. RBs developed just fine. Bryce Thompson was a WR now one of top corners in country. Trevon Flowers improved this year. Henry T is one of best Lbs in SEC. Bituli was one of best last yr. RBs looked developed just fine. WRs such as Jennings, Callaway, Palmer, Hyatt looked just fine. Fant looks good at TE. Not being able to develop a QB doesn’t mean he can’t develop at other positions.

The real problem is he is having to develop underachievers from previous staff or kids new/fresh to positions instead of elite proven at the positions. It takes longer sometimes and he just missed a spring and a true fall camp that is where you develop players. He even said it before... half this years teams has never had a spring practice. Yet people expect him to perform a miracle
He has 3 recruiting classes and still playing a lot of former staffs players. What’s that tell you?

Pruitt was never going to be fired. Just wishful thinking from fan base. Stirred by VQ and 247. That will be $9.99 please

thats its hard to flip a roster. that butch played 250 lb OL.
That was year 1. The past two years we’ve had one of the largest O-Line in the Conference full of four and five stars.
Edit: I really believe Pruitts flipped the roster, I just don’t think he knows what to do to utilize the talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
First class wasnt really just thrown together. Hes had basically 2
He also made the decision to coach Alabama in the playoffs rather than focus on recruiting that year. I think he made the honorable decision rather than the intelligent one. Kind of a common theme with him.

Absolutely no way of knowing that since it didn’t happen. Not saying you’re wrong, but there’s absolutely no way of knowing what the outcome could’ve been.
He was recruiting for UT the whole time he was there. Wasn’t even allowed to be in the room when Bama had recruiting meetings. You make comments about the situation like THAT was the reason we didn’t do well in recruiting that cycle. Many reasons that are well known like a coaching change, 25 player limit, only a couple of weeks before early signing. We all understand the many faults of Pruitt but that class isn’t one.

He was recruiting for UT the whole time he was there. Wasn’t even allowed to be in the room when Bama had recruiting meetings. You make comments about the situation like THAT was the reason we didn’t do well in recruiting that cycle. Many reasons that are well known like a coaching change, 25 player limit, only a couple of weeks before early signing. We all understand the many faults of Pruitt but that class isn’t one.
How do you know Pruitt wasn’t allowed in the room? The story I heard was Pruitt offered to leave and Saban said no.
Edit: it’s not like Pruitt didn’t already know who Alabama was in on since he helped recruit those kids all year.. I don’t think it mattered if Pruitt was in the room or not at that point in regards to Alabama recruits.

How do you know Pruitt wasn’t allowed in the room? The story I heard was Pruitt offered to leave and Saban said no.
It was reported and Pruitt mad a joke about Saban and the staff getting really silent about recruiting around him. He even asked if he should just leave the room. Again, many reasons to hate on Pruitt but that class ain’t one.

You seriously gonna hit me with the “you said” thing. Lol. They. Didn’t. Talk. Recruiting. Around. Him.

Is that clear enough?
Yet again, how. do. you. know.? You don’t, you’re just assuming on minimal information and passing it off as fact. I’m not saying he didn’t recruit at all while there but there’s a lot of time pulled away from recruiting with game planning and practices. I said you might not be wrong in recruiting outcome but for some reason you are upset by me saying there’s no way of knowing if recruiting could have gone better being able to solely focus on recruiting.

Yet again, how. do. you. know.? You don’t, you’re just assuming on minimal information and passing it off as fact. I’m not saying he didn’t recruit at all while there but there’s a lot of time pulled away from recruiting with game planning and practices. I said you might not be wrong in recruiting outcome but for some reason you are upset by me saying there’s no way of knowing if recruiting could have gone better being able to solely focus on recruiting.
I’m not upset at all. But you are acting like an old lady right now. I remember the situation and what was reported and what Pruitt Said about the situation with Bama. All of it is FACT and it ain’t mine. Anyway I’m done with it. Just add/keep it on the list of stuff to be mad at Pruitt over.

I’m not upset at all. But you are acting like an old lady right now. I remember the situation and what was reported and what Pruitt Said about the situation with Bama. All of it is FACT and it ain’t mine. Anyway I’m done with it. Just add/keep it on the list of stuff to be mad at Pruitt over.
I’m not mad at Pruitt, if I was I wouldn’t have said he made the honorable decision. Stop reading into everything as an attack on Pruitt.

I’m not mad at Pruitt, if I was I wouldn’t have said he made the honorable decision. Stop reading into everything as an attack on Pruitt.
Lol, then why even say anything about him staying on at Bama? Ok, your not mad about it but it’s obvious you have issue with it or you wouldn’t have mentioned it all. Sorry if I just assume everything negative about him is just that especially after this year and 99% of all comments about him being negative right now.

Lol, then why even say anything about him staying on at Bama? Ok, your not mad about it but it’s obvious you have issue with it or you wouldn’t have mentioned it all. Sorry if I just assume everything negative about him is just that especially after this year and 99% of all comments about him being negative right now.
No. I was just musing on a message board if there could have been any difference really if he would have left Bama and solely focused on Tennessee. We just ended up bickering down a rabbit hole. You say no way and that’s great, I play devils advocate and you’re trying to stamp me with having an issue since I’m not conforming to your way of thinking lol.

Reactions: LittleVol
No. I was just musing on a message board if there could have been any difference really if he would have left Bama and solely focused on Tennessee. We just ended up bickering down a rabbit hole. You say no way and that’s great, I play devils advocate and you’re trying to stamp me with having an issue since I’m not conforming to your way of thinking lol.
Stop it people! Where was all this Pruitt bashing when we’re winning 8 straight! Hell, I bet Clemson fans ain’t asking for Dabo to be fired after they got their behinds completely handed to them! Calm down. Vols 9-3 next year and 1st or 2nd in the east. Reason being: We will have a quarterback who can throw down the field along with a strong run game. We can’t just keep firing and hiring. At some point during this rebuilding, you have to realize we are rebuilding. Happy New Year! Go Vols!🍊

Lol. This staff turned Phillips and Tuttle into NFL Rookie Starters. Callaway making plays for Saints as rookie. The DL was expected to be a disaster the year before and it ended up being developed into a serviceable unit with no big names on it. Darrell Taylor became a 2nd rd pick and SEC leader in sacks. Kivon Bennett was developed into a good OLB when he was recruited as a DT by Butch. Johnson development was solid. Kongbo looked worthless until the year Pruitt got hold of him and if not for injury would have had a big finish. RBs developed just fine. Bryce Thompson was a WR now one of top corners in country. Trevon Flowers improved this year. Henry T is one of best Lbs in SEC. Bituli was one of best last yr. RBs looked developed just fine. WRs such as Jennings, Callaway, Palmer, Hyatt looked just fine. Fant looks good at TE. Not being able to develop a QB doesn’t mean he can’t develop at other positions.

The real problem is he is having to develop underachievers from previous staff or kids new/fresh to positions instead of elite proven at the positions. It takes longer sometimes and he just missed a spring and a true fall camp that is where you develop players. He even said it before... half this years teams has never had a spring practice. Yet people expect him to perform a miracle
I don’t think many people were expecting a miracle. All I was expecting was a second half adjustment, maybe a little development as the season went on and to not get blown out by double digits seven times.

Reactions: StoVol
Edit: it’s not like Pruitt didn’t already know who Alabama was in on since he helped recruit those kids all year.. I don’t think it mattered if Pruitt was in the room or not at that point in regards to Alabama recruits.
It was a footnote in recruiting reports like VQ’s War Room and Alabama sites. It was also the protocol for Sherrer at UGA. It mattered if a coach recruiting the same player for a different program was in a recruiting meeting.

VN Store

Back