'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

One recruit is not worth keeping a terrible coach

Swapping one terrible coach for another terrible coach just to look like we’re doing something is shortsighted. It’s dumb to make a change without a plan.

I’m not saying don’t make the change, but only do it if it actually makes us better. Different isn’t always better (as any Tennessee fan should know by now).

Swapping one terrible coach for another terrible coach just to look like we’re doing something is shortsighted. It’s dumb to make a change without a plan.

I’m not saying don’t make the change, but only do it if it actually makes us better. Different isn’t always better (as any Tennessee fan should know by now).

What makes you assume they don’t have a plan lined up?

I want Pruitt gone. But if it happens, especially in the next week or 2, expect recruiting to absolutely nose dive. What does that do? Puts us even further behind. The beat time to fire Pruitt is long gone imo. Should have happened right after the UK game. That would have give time for a new coaching staff to get started on the recruiting trail.
What? We’ve signed almost everyone we are going to sign? Why would recruiting nose dive? It will suffer by keeping Pruitt and having a terrible year next year. 2022 is a great in state class that we can’t afford to miss.

Reactions: BucVol98
What makes you assume they don’t have a plan lined up?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
What? We’ve signed almost everyone we are going to sign? Why would recruiting nose dive? It will suffer by keeping Pruitt and having a terrible year next year. 2022 is a great in state class that we can’t afford to miss.

Our guys can still go other places. I don’t mean keep Pruitt until next year. But firing him before NSD will cause recruiting to suffer.

Our guys can still go other places. I don’t mean keep Pruitt until next year. But firing him before NSD will cause recruiting to suffer.
NSD is a long way off. you have to have a coach in place well before that. All the better coaches will take other jobs before then. The New coach has to move his family and get a place to live . Get his coaching staff. prepare for spring practice etc. After all that he will be even further behind on the 2022 recruiting class.

NSD is a long way off. you have to have a coach in place well before that. All the better coaches will take other jobs before then. The New coach has to move his family and get a place to live . Get his coaching staff. prepare for spring practice etc. After all that he will be even further behind on the 2022 recruiting class.

The right coach can keep together the class and possibly add to it. It’s just whether or not the fat cats want to play the same game or not

The right coach can keep together the class and possibly add to it. It’s just whether or not the fat cats want to play the same game or not

And that’s the big elephant in the room. Has TN given anyone even an ounce of confidence that it can hire the right guy?

If we are playing in the bowl game, we have to start practicing by tomorrow, I would think. Pruitt won't be there, regardless, but if he runs practice on Tuesday, we are screwed.

Reactions: igotworms
We will begin with Dylan Brooks, who is not listed as signed but in our opinion the Vols have NOTHING to worry about here. Now if they had a coaching change, things for Brooks would likely become interesting but you could say the same things with kids that have already been announced to have signed like Byron Young and others.
-VQ

VN Store

Back