'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

I’m sure no one has ever left a job because the boss they liked left and they didn’t like the new boss.
Education and the workplace are 2 different things. Kids in Tennessee can’t transfer schools if they don’t like the principal or teachers. They go where they’re zoned to, unless they have the money to go to a private school. Obviously college is far more lenient, so when you’re given the choice to go where you want, maybe you should go to the SCHOOL that you feel is best for you. Put education first

Reactions: Fatman Photos
Whats right about this. The NCAA backs schools on their NLI decisions. All this does is empower the court of public opinion and the media to control the narrative. There are always going to be double standards on both sides. If Saban refused to give this kid a full release no one would have batted an eye. The NCAA is a governing body. They make rules and they should stand by them and defend their enforcement. Kids should not not not not commit to a coaching staff. They know the drill and should stop acting like victims. Opportunity is opportunity no matter what school they choose. It’s up to them after they sign to make themselves marketable for professional football.

Education and the workplace are 2 different things. Kids in Tennessee can’t transfer schools if they don’t like the principal or teachers. They go where they’re zoned to, unless they have the money to go to a private school. Obviously college is far more lenient, so when you’re given the choice to go where you want, maybe you should go to the SCHOOL that you feel is best for you. Put education first
Players do not go to college to play school.

recruits seriously need to learn

Sign with a school. Not a coach.

This. But, it’s unfortunately how the game is now. Kids care more about the relationship with the coach than the logo on the helmet. It’s going to be this way moving forward so it’s just something we have to get used to. I think it’s dumb seeing as coaches will leave the kids high and dry the moment a better offer comes, but hey....kids will be kids.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
If you cave that easily what was the point in first place. It will be funny if all this fuss ends up being over a bust. These situations with drama tend to turn out that way for whatever reason

UT has lifted the restrictions and granted an unconditional release according to what I heard on the radio.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Who's to say Auburn wasn't his school choice but he was sold on Pruitt? Tennessee fired the coach. The kids should get to go where they want. It might be different if the coach up and left and the university couldn't control it.
again, my point is, if Auburn was his choice because of their coach, they just fired their coach just like we did so by your argument of the kid isnt tied to the school, then why would he want to go to Auburn now?

Thanks, Jimmy.

insults_1534848190.gif

Isn't there a good chance that he wouldn't have been eligible to play for us? I mean, somebody got paid, and if the ncaa knows who, the player would at a minimum have to reimburse before being eligible. I doubt ut would sign the release tho if he was leaving with a pocket full of cash

again, my point is, if Auburn was his choice because of their coach, they just fired their coach just like we did so by your argument of the kid isnt tied to the school, then why would he want to go to Auburn now?
Choosing a school after the coach was terminated isn't the same as the coach being terminated while you are there. And I clearly stated maybe Auburn was the school of his choice but he instead chose Pruitt.

Choosing a school after the coach was terminated isn't the same as the coach being terminated while you are there. And I clearly stated maybe Auburn was the school of his choice but he instead chose Pruitt.

I'm with you on this. He wanted to go to Auburn for the school, he wanted to go to UT for the head coach. That's the only thing that makes sense with UT having Garner now and Pruitt gone to the NFL.

I'm with you on this. He wanted to go to Auburn for the school, he wanted to go to UT for the head coach. That's the only thing that makes sense with UT having Garner now and Pruitt gone to the NFL.

Or his bags were about to be empty at TN while Auburn will still be able to pay the check

VN Store

Back