'21 AL TE Trinity Bell (Tennessee signee)

Wowwwwww... When I checked trinity bells espn profile earlier today he was an (80) four star... he is now a three star... the day he commits! The bias is real! You cannot make this up🙄

ESPN scouts:
tenor.gif

All of the rating services suck.Most are just reporters who have never played a down of football past middle or high school. They just jump on what ever teams that are currently good and assume that the recruits they offer have to be 4 or 5 stars.Plus if a kid doesn't do the camps they penalize him for it.

No Bell will be a DT/DE in a 5 tech in the 3/4 not a 4i DE/Olb
What do you call a 4i? Inside shade on the tackle right? I assumed bell if moving to de in a 3-4 would be playing somewhere from 3 to 5, to include 4i and 4. And out OLB would normally be playing somewhere from 7-9 (maybe a 5 in nickel)
Thought I’d move this discussion over here from the Colson thread. I think De1 is thinking Bell is gonna grow into another Darrel Middleton. Can never have too many of those. I remember Raekwon McMillan playing opposite the JACK, but is Darrel doing that here?

"Where Bell fits in position wise might be an unknown, but his combination of size and athletic ability is exactly what Jeremy Pruitt has been talking about getting since the day he walked into his first team meeting and saw the undersized roster he inherited."

On Tennessee Rivals.
Seems appropriate...

Thought I’d move this discussion over here from the Colson thread. I think De1 is thinking Bell is gonna grow into another Darrel Middleton. Can never have too many of those. I remember Raekwon McMillan playing opposite the JACK, but is Darrel doing that here?

I was told he would be a 3-5 tech guy he's supposedly already up to around 300. In a 4-3 he's a 3 tech I. A 3-4 he's a 5 tech. So all in all he's a DT body type

I was told today he could also play OL

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Punk
"Where Bell fits in position wise might be an unknown, but his combination of size and athletic ability is exactly what Jeremy Pruitt has been talking about getting since the day he walked into his first team meeting and saw the undersized roster he inherited."

On Tennessee Rivals.
I just checked and that 2016 DL was filled with almost exclusively 6’2” guys and no one over 6’4”. Pruitt must have been horrified. Almost all of the guys in our rotation are 6’4”+ now and I think we will have a top three DL in the conference next year. Hell of a turnaround

So random story: met his mom and dad recently. Dad was decked out in Alabama gear... he was an admitted Bama die hard. Unprovoked both parents said they just trusted what Jeremy was telling them.

We’ve all heard it before, but families and players just trust Pru and co.

So random story: met his mom and dad recently. Dad was decked out in Alabama gear... he was an admitted Bama die hard. Unprovoked both parents said they just trusted what Jeremy was telling them.

We’ve all heard it before, but families and players just trust Pru and co.
You from 'round these parts?

In other words, Bama didn't offer him.

Frame: Rare combination of height and raw size. Above-average shoulder width. Reported 6-foot-9 wingspan. Long waisted. Taut, developing lower body. Plenty of room for more weight, but emphasis will be strength and sinew.

Athleticism: Moves extremely well considering frame. Coordinated athlete, with good feet. Long, fluid strider, but above-average speed at best. Impressive ball skills and body control adjusting to throws. Can maintain balance through contact. Strength unknown.

Instincts: Overly reliant on physical advantages as receiver and defensive end. Prefers finesse to physicality. Tracks ball well in air. Fights for extra yardage after catch; not a burner nor elusive, but tough to bring down.

Polish: Shows little refinement and nuance on either side of ball. Runs extremely limited route tree; mostly go's and screens. Lines up exclusively out wide, so little to no experience as blocker. Lacks plan at defensive end. Doesn’t use arms in pass or run game.

Bottom Line: Bell’s blend of height, budding girth and overall coordination is worth a Power-5 offer all by itself despite his clear lack of polish. Natural pass-catching skills mean he’ll start at tight end for Volunteers, though he must be wary of gaining too much weight. Several years away in terms of strength, technique and experience, but possesses long-term ceiling of impact starter and NFL draftee.

SI All-American Candidate Trinity Bell Highlights and Evaluation

VN Store

Back