‘23 AL S Sylvester Smith

I totally disagree with that. Smith is mid tier out of our DB commits IMO. That isn’t saying he’s not a solid prospect.

I actually agree with ON 3’s rankings of our DB’s.

Matthews
Gibson
Slaughter
as the top 3.
I love John Slaughter, but I'd give Sly Smith a slight edge athletically for our projected safety commits. I can see Luttrell being a special teams demon. Pairing him with Coach "get your chili hot 🌶 " will be a sight to behold.

I totally disagree with that. Smith is mid tier out of our DB commits IMO. That isn’t saying he’s not a solid prospect.

I actually agree with ON 3’s rankings of our DB’s.

Matthews
Gibson
Slaughter
as the top 3.
Ok but I don’t disagree with me so there you have it.

Reactions: walkenvol
He’s the best safety we have, but Rickey Gibson is the best DB. It would suck to lose Smith, but at least we have Scott lined up if that does happen. I think he’s just as good of a player

Slaughter can line up at possibly 3 different positions in our defense.

We want after him hard. I believe we went after him AFTER Smith had already committed.

Hope we keep both, but Slaughter is a very valuable prospect.

Slaughter can line up at possibly 3 different positions in our defense.

We want after him hard. I believe we went after him AFTER Smith had already committed.

Hope we keep both, but Slaughter is a very valuable prospect.
Slaughter looks like a NFL ready corne from a physical stand point. I like him on the field a lot.

While Tennessee works to land all of those players, they are also very cognizant of teams trying to steal their current commitments. The Alabama defensive back duo of Sylvester Smith and Rickey Gibson are two prospects that Tennessee will spend a lot of time with when the coaches can hit the road in December. A new look Auburn staff is sure to come calling so the Vols will have to push why they chose Tennessee to begin with.
-VQ

AP still pushing that Auburn narrative hard, he must have good info that Smith will flip it they make the right hire.
Smith is just a quiet kid. Not a big social media guy. He posts on Instagram and pops up in the live chats with other commits occasionally, but doesn't share anything about any college. I think the Auburn stuff is overblown. Otherwise the staff would be going hard to get Tyler Scott.

Smith is just a quiet kid. Not a big social media guy. He posts on Instagram and pops up in the live chats with other commits occasionally, but doesn't share anything about any college. I think the Auburn stuff is overblown. Otherwise the staff would be going hard to get Tyler Scott.
Unlike most years…. Recruiting is almost done for us….. have to keep driving interest.

It’s the quiet ones that get ya haha

Yea I think what he’s trying to say is this is a kid who’s on our list but someone like Auburn could come in and make him a priority and sell him on being a bigger pickup for them. If Kiffin gets that job you have to worry. Kiffin + Cabin + motivated boosters = dangerous Auburn. Could be good to knock down Bama and UGA but make things a tad more difficult in recruiting.

VN Store

Back