'22 AL S Miguel Mitchell (Florida commit)

The Class of 2022 safety/athlete from Oxford (Ala.) High School told GoVols247 that Tennessee and Florida are “main two that I’m looking at” as he moves toward a final decision, and he’s scheduled to use his final two official visits this month to travel to both schools. LSU, Southern Cal and Oregon also have extended offers to him since Dec. 27, but he said he’s currently focusing on the Vols and Gators.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Mitchell said Florida is set to host him on an official visit this weekend, and he intends to return to Tennessee the weekend of Jan. 28 — the final weekend before National Signing Day — after attending the Vols’ home game Nov. 20 against South Alabama.
“My dream has always been to play in the SEC,” said Mitchell, who’s ranked the No. 891 overall prospect and No. 65 athlete in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “People ask me, do I got a dream school? I don’t really have a dream school. I just always wanted to play in the SEC.”

Tennessee gave Mitchell his most recent offer on Thursday. He said the Vols showed interest in him for weeks, and he “was talking to them a lot before the offer,” so he was happy to get an offer from them last week.

“It was real exciting,” he said. “I’ve been waiting on this one. That was one of the ones I was waiting on when I decided to sign later.”
Mitchell said he recently has been hearing from Tennessee “every couple days,” led by defensive analyst Levorn Harbin. He said he also has been in contact with Vols defensive backs coach Willie Martinez and defensive coordinator Tim Banks.

“They’re recruiting me as a safety, and they just said they need more guys (with) my size and my athleticism in their DB room, basically,” Mitchell said.
He said Tennessee started to show interest in him just before his trip to Knoxville nearly two months ago for the Vols’ 60-14 rout of South Alabama. He said he has “been talking to them ever since then.”

“They seemed serious then,” Mitchell said, referring to his visit to Tennessee in November. “I thought they’d offer then, but they waited a little bit and I eventually got it.”

The Vols impressed Mitchell during the visit, which came less than three weeks after he parted ways with the Commodores on Nov. 3, and he said he believes Tennessee “had an excellent first year, for real,” under coach Josh Heupel.

“Their offense was really rolling (against South Alabama),” he said. “That was one thing that caught my eye. Coach Heupel and the offense that he has going, I really like that. On the defensive side, I saw a lot of potential. That’s what I saw. They have a lot of guys out there that can be playmakers. They just need some more dogs, I guess.”

He said he’s looking forward to getting more of an in-depth look at Tennessee’s campus and the surrounding area when he returns to Knoxville later this month. He didn’t arrive early enough to see everything the Vols have to offer before their game against South Alabama.

“I was supposed to do, like, a photo shoot and all that stuff,” Mitchell said. “I was supposed to get a full campus tour. But I only got to see the football facilities, really, and then the stadium.

“The stadium was nice, and the facility. Everything looked updated. It was real nice.”
-Callahan

Tennessee and Florida?

superman-ball.gif

Any highlights out their for senior year and maybe bama/miss all star game, details needed

Seems unusual to have only one page on a potential signee

"Are we sure he is a take?"
There's at least a chance he could be or Tennessee wouldn't be planning to bring him in for the visit. But we'll see how the Vols decide to approach that one over the next couple weeks. Might depend on how things go with their DL targets in the 2022 class and how things are shaping up in the transfer portal.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back