'22 AL S Miguel Mitchell (Florida commit)

Why are people surprised
We dont exactly have a high quality well known staff outside of RG over there
I mean, we took a LB coach from Michigan, DC and DB coach is from Penn State, Martinez has coached everywhere. It isn't like he brought dudes from Austin Peay to coach here.

I mean, we took a LB coach from Michigan, DC and DB coach is from Penn State, Martinez has coached everywhere. It isn't like he brought dudes from Austin Peay to coach here.

Martinez has been fired from more jobs than my ex brother in law. Heck he was fired by his own best friend. UCF was the right spot for him and Huepel decided he needed one last SEC go around.

Anyone that didn’t think he was picking Florida had the orange tinted glasses. We just offered. Napier and Toney been recruiting him for a while back prior to Florida

Reactions: VolByLaw and PA Vol
I agree overall defensive recruiting has to improve but will this guy be that much of a help…. I would rather wait till the spring and add a couple of transfers instead of a guy just taking up a roster spot.
I asked Brent about our defensive recruiting struggles. This doesn't make me feel better:

I don't think it's the style of offense. I think the defense has at some positions sort of struggled to get their position recruiting board in order and I don't know why. There didn't seem to be much of a board in the summer. And this fall it seemed to change a lot.
-Hubbs

I asked Brent about our defensive recruiting struggles. This doesn't make me feel better:

-Hubbs
I felt the whole year that we were scrambling a little bit…. The staff got hired really late and with all the COVID restrictions…. It was a challenging year….. Hopefully hiring Billy High gets things going in the right direction.

@peaygolf reading this.

tenor.gif

Thank you for the reassurance that something good will happen when nothing good has happened. 😂
I'd have to ask what your definition of good is but from prior posts, I'm not sure this staff can meet your criteria. Have you not seen what this staff has accomplished with players from ESD to now. Also throw the addition of High to management/recruiting, which is a bigger than some seem to realize.

-Hubbs
No board from the summer?
That’s AWFUL. Did someone a personnel guy get fired or replaced ? How is there such confusion and re-ordering?
And this coming from the Vols Rival site is pretty damning.
that’s unforgivable

No board from the summer?
That’s AWFUL. Did someone a personnel guy get fired or replaced ? How is there such confusion and re-ordering?
And this coming from the Vols Rival site is pretty damning.
that’s unforgivable
I mean it wasn't that hard this past summer. We're playing our long snapper in the two deep at linebacker. Our secondary all runs around a 4.7 or worse. I wonder what positions need attention.

VN Store

Back