'22 AL S Jourdan Thomas (Tennessee signee)

I haven't been too impressed with some of the lower rated guys that we may be getting, but this guy is definitely a take. Great size, tracks the ball well, tackles well, and is a big hitter. A natural safety unless he eats his way into an outside linebacker role.

Reactions: CookevilleVol
And one of our best LBs in recent memory reeves maybin wasn’t highly ranked I don’t think
Maybin, AJ Johnson, Kirkland, C Maggitt, D Barnett, D Taylor, D Bituli, N Warrior, B Thompson, and A Taylor were all 4 stars. Talent + Development + Scheme is the trifecta, duh

Reactions: ChiTownVol

giphy.gif

“I just felt in my heart that I needed to step back and consider all of my options,” Thomas told Volquest of the move. “It’s still all love for Mississippi State. I still love all the coaches there. I’ve built bonds with those guys over there. So, there’s no love-loss.”

Josh Heupel, Tim Banks and Willie Martinez were the ones on hand.
“It went great. We talked for a while and then I showed them around my school,” the safety said. “It was really just them spending valuable time with me. They’ve already made their message clear to me that I’m a top-priority.
“They didn’t really have to say too much. It was really them just coming down here to see me.”

“It will be good to just see everything again. I’ve already built great relationships with the coaching staff and I’ve been to the facility multiple times,” the prospect said. “Really, it’s just going back to see it one last time before I make a decision.”
Tennessee appears to be the clear front-runner at current standing. Outside of Mississippi State, Heupel and the Vols have been the most involved while Auburn has kept tabs as well.
-VQ

VN Store

Back