'22 AL S Jourdan Thomas (Tennessee signee)

DB JOURDAN THOMAS

Thomas, who plays at Montgomery (Ala.) Catholic Preparatory School, has been committed to Mississippi State for nearly six months. But he picked up an offer from Tennessee in May and visited the Vols in June, along with fellow teammate and Mississippi State defensive back commitment Kylon Griffin. Tennessee has stayed in contact with the 6-foot-2, 190-pound Thomas since then and remains the Bulldogs' primary competition for him going into the final months of his recruitment. He went through a private workout with the Vols' coaches during his visit to Knoxville in late June, and he said they believe he's capable of playing his "normal position" — safety — or being a versatile defensive back who could line up in multiple spots throughout the secondary. Thomas has indicated that he's likely to take an official visit to Tennessee, perhaps as early as October.
-Callahan

Three star u

Don't care. Jones had highly rated classes. There were some good players but there were also some overrated duds... a disproportionate number compared to other programs. For all the poopooing... Pruitt DID NOT leave an untalented roster overall.

For my purposes... I'm kind of liking some of UT's 3* players... V Jones, Young, Spraggins, Butler, Bumphus, Payton, Charles, Small, T. Jackson, Banks, Page, Slaughter, Beasley, Tillman,....

If you are stupidly waiting on UT to take recruits that are highly rated largely because Bama has targeted them... away from Bama before you are satisfied then you aren't going to be satisfied. If you want the Jones route of paying way too much attention the those star ratings then you'll see UT continue to have too many busts.

There has always been a simple truth on recruiting to turn UT around. The guy who turns UT around will find 5* talent with 3* tags.

Don't care. Jones had highly rated classes. There were some good players but there were also some overrated duds... a disproportionate number compared to other programs. For all the poopooing... Pruitt DID NOT leave an untalented roster overall.

For my purposes... I'm kind of liking some of UT's 3* players... V Jones, Young, Spraggins, Butler, Bumphus, Payton, Charles, Small, T. Jackson, Banks, Page, Slaughter, Beasley, Tillman,....

If you are stupidly waiting on UT to take recruits that are highly rated largely because Bama has targeted them... away from Bama before you are satisfied then you aren't going to be satisfied. If you want the Jones route of paying way too much attention the those star ratings then you'll see UT continue to have too many busts.

There has always been a simple truth on recruiting to turn UT around. The guy who turns UT around will find 5* talent with 3* tags.

Agreed
Same with AU over the yrs with malzahn. Had all these highly rated classes with star power but they really were not good classes. It’s like they didn’t do their own evals and went on solely star ratings. Hell the guy didn’t sign a real true OT for 4 consecutive years. So I actually love how these coaches of ours are doing their own evals and don’t really give a damn what anybody else thinks about it. Christian Charles says hello.

And/or develop 3* players to play like 5* players.

VN Store

Back