‘23 AL RB Khalifa Keith (Tennessee)

He also ran 10.8 in the 100 meter as a junior.

If you're going to add .24 haha then that person has fat fingers...

Not to mention you making a time standard for something that by nature can't have a standard. Hell, just add .13 more while you're at it...🙄
The USATF hand time to electronic conversion is exactly what I stated. So is NFHS. That conversion is standard.

More indicative of his speed is him being the 60m champion, which definitely translates to him being no worse than a low 4.4 guy.
Looking at his times, I agree. Most of the NFL guys that run around 6.7 in college run high 4.3 to low 4.4 at the combine. New England drafted a guy two years ago who was a 6.72 guy and I think he ran 4.38.

Last edited:
He had 5 carries for 160 and 2 TDs last game.

He's shown his speed many times.
Agree to disagree. Not saying he’s slow, but he was touted as one of if not the fastest players in his class. I expected Chris Johnson type speed. He’s plenty fast enough to be an SEC rb, but he’s not shown us crazy fast speed so far. JMO

Agree to disagree. Not saying he’s slow, but he was touted as one of if not the fastest players in his class. I expected Chris Johnson type speed. He’s plenty fast enough to be an SEC rb, but he’s not shown us crazy fast speed so far. JMO

With all due respect, if you expected Chris Johnson type speed, that's on you. Chris Johnson broke Bo Jackson's record for the fastest 40 time in NFL combine history.

Wright is a fast RB. But no, he's not as fast as Chris Johnson. Probably because no one is.

With all due respect, if you expected Chris Johnson type speed, that's on you. Chris Johnson broke Bo Jackson's record for the fastest 40 time in NFL combine history.

Wright is a fast RB. But no, he's not as fast as Chris Johnson. Probably because no one is.
He isnt the fastest ever, so he is average at best.

VN never changes.

Uhm who does have Chris Johnson type speed lol??

You don't think that's being a little unfair??
I mean he STILL has the NFL Combine 40 yard record for RBs and 2nd overall with 4.24 electronic time.

Not to mention they don't even run the same.
Chris Johnson was a joystick like Barry Sanders. Wright is a downhill runner that seeks contact. They're not going to look the same even they did have the same 40.

I think you are taking him a bit too literal. Wright was touted as being one of the fastest track kids in the country for his age, which would translate to being one of the fastest in cfb. Based on the eye test, which could be wrong, he simply looks fast. Fast enough for an sec back, but not elite. He doesn’t look as fast as Velus Jones, for example. All this is just what I see, maybe there’s some data out there showing he hit elite speed during games. I’m really glad we have Wright though. He looks like he’s coming along.

Reactions: walkenvol
I think you are taking him a bit too literal. Wright was touted as being one of the fastest track kids in the country for his age, which would translate to being one of the fastest in cfb. Based on the eye test, which could be wrong, he simply looks fast. Fast enough for an sec back, but not elite. He doesn’t look as fast as Velus Jones, for example. All this is just what I see, maybe there’s some data out there showing he hit elite speed during games. I’m really glad we have Wright though. He looks like he’s coming along.
all-due.gif

Uhm who does have Chris Johnson type speed lol??

You don't think that's being a little unfair??
I mean he STILL has the NFL Combine 40 yard record for RBs and 2nd overall with 4.24 electronic time.

Not to mention they don't even run the same.
Chris Johnson was a joystick like Barry Sanders. Wright is a downhill runner that seeks contact. They're not going to look the same even they did have the same 40.
Welp, I figured you guys didn’t think I literally meant Chris Johnson as he’s just a smallish rb who was exceptionally fast. Substitute Jamir Gibbs or Dexter McCluster or any other “fast” SEC rb who would fly around the end and never look back - that was the type of speed I expected from Wright when he signed but we’ve not seen that yet. I like Wright - he runs hard and IMHO is a good SEC rb. I think we have 3 good SEC level rb’s.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Chris Johnson was a 4.24 guy…. That’s insanely fast…..He also just averaged 3.9 ypc his sophomore year so he wasn’t exactly showing off that blazing speed.

VN Store

Back