‘23 AL RB Khalifa Keith (Tennessee)

Because the nerds who ranks recruits don't know how to evaluate. As he gets bigger offers, his ranking will go up. They rank based on who offers and how hard the big time schools pursue, not based on their own eyes. They don't have that ability.

I can't say that for all of them. Because I don't know all of them, but for sure the system is flawed.

It's still based off of more or less 250 of the best players in the country earning a 4th star or better. Top 30 earning a 5th star.

1) There's waaaaay more kids playing football in 2022 than there were in 2002 when this stuff got popular (star rankings)
Yet, still there's only 250 guys that can be a 4 star?
And automatically making the top 30 5 star (1st rnd draft )

When you actually sit and think about their structure, it's hilarious.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I can't say that for all of them. Because I don't know all of them, but for sure the system is flawed.

It's still based off of more or less 250 of the best players in the country earning a 4th star or better. Top 30 earning a 5th star.

1) There's waaaaay more kids playing football in 2022 than there were in 2002 when this stuff got popular (star rankings)
Yet, still there's only 250 guys that can be a 4 star?
And automatically making the top 30 5 star (1st rnd draft )

When you actually sit and think about their structure, it's hilarious.
The idea is there is 32 1st round picks each draft so they try to get the number around 32. Also around 250 area for picks in total

So the solution is to expand the NFL. Got it.

It's not very reliable. So the entire NFL draft and especially the 1st round specifically is based of TEAM NEED. The 32 best and most talented players don't make the top 32 picks....because team needs vary from team to team...

What does team need have to do with ranking the purely best/ most talented players while in high school??? NOTHING lol. So the logic of ranking top 250 players off NFL draft format is ridiculous ..

While successful (recruiting sites), the methods are truly pedestrian and flat out lazy...

Oh, and whatever recruiting guy is reading this. Feel free to make Khalifa Keith a 4 star, since i've already said he should be.

You already did it with Weathersby and Leacock. So feel free whenever...
You're welcome.

Because the nerds who ranks recruits don't know how to evaluate. As he gets bigger offers, his ranking will go up. They rank based on who offers and how hard the big time schools pursue, not based on their own eyes. They don't have that ability.
It’s also why we’re only recently interested (and still haven’t offered…because senior film comes out and players get better. Just like Arion Carter

Can’t believe we are going after a freaking Kentucky commit 🤢
They’ve proven good at evaluations. It’s how they’ve built the program with lower recruiting classes. Barion Brown is a TN kid that’s balling out this year and we didn’t pursue him. However, I think this staff is great at evaluations too

They’ve proven good at evaluations. It’s how they’ve built the program with lower recruiting classes. Barion Brown is a TN kid that’s balling out this year and we didn’t pursue him. However, I think this staff is great at evaluations too
We’ll us and bama didn’t because he wasn’t gonna make it to school here or bama. There was a reason we and bama cooled on him

Barrion Brown would have never been admitted to TN, we knew he was a great player. Same reason Bama stopped recruiting him.

Would’ve hated to get JJ Weaver or Bud Dupree or Barion Brown or Chris Rodriguez or…you get the point.

They’re ranked #8 in America. Stoops has identified some talent.

The shouldn’t be #8. Stoops is a very good coach. I just hate it that he has gotten these guys and developed them so well.

Was a historic class for KY last year. Prob never be repeated. But Dane Key and Barion Brown certainly look the part
Before we go too far down the road to anointing any of UK's WR's... it is important to remember that they've played 2 MAC teams, an FCS team, and UF. They were held to 202 yds passing by UF. Hooker shredded them without Tillman. Key had a great catch for a long TD but otherwise they were pretty well held in check as a group. UT had multiple receivers who posted productive days and got open.

Unless their OL gets it together, I think UT beats up on UK this year.

VN Store

Back