‘23 AL RB Jeremiah Cobb (Auburn commit)

Clemson has the cheese market cornered and I don’t mean cash.
They’ve had the 2nd best program in the country for the past decade by a wide margin. They’re not going to just fall off in recruiting after a bad season (by their standards) like everyone thinks. Also just because Dabo says he’s against NIL doesn’t mean they’re not paying players. Didn’t DJ get a big deal with Dr Pepper last year?

They’ve had the 2nd best program in the country for the past decade by a wide margin. They’re not going to just fall off in recruiting after a bad season (by their standards) like everyone thinks. Also just because Dabo says he’s against NIL doesn’t mean they’re not paying players. Didn’t DJ get a big deal with Dr Pepper last year?
Dr Pepper <> Clemson

No school can stop private NIL deals. That doesn't mean the school or coach isn't against their own collective setting up deals for kids. Dabo is still against it. He just can't control all things, which upsets him.

Dr Pepper <> Clemson

No school can stop private NIL deals. That doesn't mean the school or coach isn't against their own collective setting up deals for kids. Dabo is still against it. He just can't control all things, which upsets him.
I think he is against it when other teams use it and ok with it when Clemson does it.

This whole notion Clemson is against NIL is ludacris...These fools are building a whole media center focused solely on NIL etc...

Clemson Announces NIL Program, Reign.
It's a Dabo thing, unlikely a Clemson AD thing. Not many people are as wayward as poor Dabo. Guy is making $10mm and can't accept a kid earning even a small piece of the equity that player has built for the university.

Then why are recruits going there?
I think that's the 1,000,000 dollar question.For me if it was Coach Hype n UT vs Dabo and Clemson it's a no brainer.Its hard for Clemson to ever have a really down year they legit don't play anyone worth a sh*t ever.If u want the easy way they def seem like the choice.Heck their hardest games all year might be Notre Dame and Fsu and that's not saying much

Then why are recruits going there?
Because they’ve been the 2nd best program in the country for pretty much all of these kids adolescent lives, and have consistently put players in the league. Also let’s be honest, they were paying players before NIL deals and therefore are still paying them

I think that's the 1,000,000 dollar question.For me if it was Coach Hype n UT vs Dabo and Clemson it's a no brainer.Its hard for Clemson to ever have a really down year they legit don't play anyone worth a sh*t ever.If u want the easy way they def seem like the choice.Heck their hardest games all year might be Notre Dame and Fsu and that's not saying much

How it’s it a million dollar question? Clemson has been no worse than a top 3 program since what 2016? How many high draft picks have they produced in that span? It’s really simple if you just think about it. NIL matters but without elite development and a winning program, it’s almost irrelevant.

Reactions: Ericvol2096
How it’s it a million dollar question? Clemson has been no worse than a top 3 program since what 2016? How many high draft picks have they produced in that span? It’s really simple if you just think about it. NIL matters but without elite development and a winning program, it’s almost irrelevant.
Arguably sure. Bama, Georgia, Ohio state, and Clemson have all been pretty good and consistent at winning and putting kids in the league.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back