'19 AL QB Taulia Tagovailoa

Tbf, literally every QB tends to be like this. This is sports statistics in general. Run it up vs scrubs, beat up the median teams, and just decent vs elite defenses.

You're right, but I do tend to judge QB's with how they play against the better tesms on their schedule. Take Joe Burrow..Against #7 Fla,,
#9 Aub,,#2 Ala, #4Ga, #4 Oklahoma and #3 Clemson he was 6-0, 172/231 75%, 2312 yards with an average of 385 a game and a TD/Int ratio of 23/1..Even when he played Texas they were #9 and he was 31/39 471 yds 4TD /1Int..That's some absolutely insane numbers vs 7 ranked teams, 4 being SEC. With size, injury history and stats vs top 10 teams, I would take Burrow over Tua anyday if I was an NFL GM. Not knocking Tua, he could end up a great NFL QB but with his size and injury history there's no way I take him as a top 10-15 pick.

Burrow had a great year no doubt,on a LOADED LSU team.At the same u can’t ignore his first 2-3 years of work.In 18’ he had 15-16 tds and 5int compared to this year at 60 tds and 5int.Could it just have been the Oc change,Stella found her groove idk.These one year wonder guys are easy to fall for.I think he has a good career but he could fail like anyone else.Jalen hurts is waaaay more accomplished etc and he could have a decent to as good of career as burrow.Tua now his situation more less depends where he lands.Dolphins will destroy him like they did Tanny.Qbs are gettin harder n harder to project same as oline diff style of college ball now n days.Theirs no ducks riding trucks sideline signs when ur in that nfl huddle lol

Tua's NFL career will probably look a lot like Tebow's

How so? He’s an elite passer at the collegiate level with excellent accuracy. Tebow was a great athlete and leader but was never known as a gifted passer. I mean you couldn’t have picked two college QBs who compared to each other worse than Tebow and Tua. I guess you’re just saying he’ll start out hot and flame out quickly..?

How so? He’s an elite passer at the collegiate level with excellent accuracy. Tebow was a great athlete and leader but was never known as a gifted passer. I mean you couldn’t have picked two college QBs who compared to each other worse than Tebow and Tua. I guess you’re just saying he’ll start out hot and flame out quickly..?

That's right. I didn't compare their styles at all. Just suggesting that I think Tua's career will look like Tebow's - get drafted high, energize a fan base, sell jerseys, flame out quickly.

That's right. I didn't compare their styles at all. Just suggesting that I think Tua's career will look like Tebow's - get drafted high, energize a fan base, sell jerseys, flame out quickly.
Gotcha. I could see that. Especially with his history of injuries.

Wouldn't RG III be better comparison then? :p At least he could throw a ball that didn't look like a Christmas dinner at a chinese restaurant

Burrow had a great year no doubt,on a LOADED LSU team.At the same u can’t ignore his first 2-3 years of work.In 18’ he had 15-16 tds and 5int compared to this year at 60 tds and 5int.Could it just have been the Oc change,Stella found her groove idk.These one year wonder guys are easy to fall for.I think he has a good career but he could fail like anyone else.Jalen hurts is waaaay more accomplished etc and he could have a decent to as good of career as burrow.Tua now his situation more less depends where he lands.Dolphins will destroy him like they did Tanny.Qbs are gettin harder n harder to project same as oline diff style of college ball now n days.Theirs no ducks riding trucks sideline signs when ur in that nfl huddle lol
Burrow has a lot to work on imo. Yes he had possibly the best season a college QB has ever had but he only saw probably 50% of what he’s gonna see in the NFL, playing in the SEC. the schemes, blitzes, assignments and reads are about to be kicked up a notch. Also, how is he going to react being under center as opposed to playing from the gun? Is the “clock” in his head going to adjust to the next level? I have zero doubt Burrow is physically suited for the NFL, mentally is where my questions come. With that said, I’m no expert evaluator and as much could be said about 75% of college QB’s, trying to make their way into the league.
GBO!!

Reactions: 10nacvols
Different staff now with the Fins from when Tanny played. Tua is awesome but I hope the Fins don't draft him because of his health concerns-too many recent lower body injuries. I'm hoping the Fins draft Love or Hurts instead.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Different staff now with the Fins from when Tanny played. Tua is awesome but I hope the Fins don't draft him because of his health concerns-too many recent lower body injuries. I'm hoping the Fins draft Love or Hurts instead.
Yeah neither of those happen at 5 then, they could trade down and get Love or they could probably snag Hurts at the top of the second, unless his Draft stock has shot up and I missed it, Tua's easily the most talented out of those 3 though

Yeah neither of those happen at 5 then, they could trade down and get Love or they could probably snag Hurts at the top of the second, unless his Draft stock has shot up and I missed it, Tua's easily the most talented out of those 3 though
One of the latest mock drafts has Chicago taking Hurts with their lower second rounder after taking Cole Kmet with the first one. Guess it depends on the stock after the Combine and pro day workouts.

Reactions: BucVol98
Burrow has a lot to work on imo. Yes he had possibly the best season a college QB has ever had but he only saw probably 50% of what he’s gonna see in the NFL, playing in the SEC. the schemes, blitzes, assignments and reads are about to be kicked up a notch. Also, how is he going to react being under center as opposed to playing from the gun? Is the “clock” in his head going to adjust to the next level? I have zero doubt Burrow is physically suited for the NFL, mentally is where my questions come. With that said, I’m no expert evaluator and as much could be said about 75% of college QB’s, trying to make their way into the league.
GBO!!

They played 7 teams that were ranked in the top 10 at the time and 4 of them were in the top 5. What else was he supposed to have done to have prepared himself? His success at LSU was largely in part due to an NFL assistant who was now gone back to a copycat league that’s tailoring offenses around the skill sets of these young QBs. Who says he even has to take one snap under center?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
They played 7 teams that were ranked in the top 10 at the time and 4 of them were in the top 5. What else was he supposed to have done to have prepared himself? His success at LSU was largely in part due to an NFL assistant who was now gone back to a copycat league that’s tailoring offenses around the skill sets of these young QBs. Who says he even has to take one snap under center?
Errybody is going to copy him and complete every damn pass they throw. 😴

While I agree that the SEC is the premier college football conference in America, your kidding yourself if you think it’s anything close to the NFL.
GBO!!

While I agree that the SEC is the premier college football conference in America, your kidding yourself if you think it’s anything close to the NFL.
GBO!!
I’ve got a niece that pitched for UK and went on and played pro ball for the Florida Pride. She said in high school you had 1-2 batters you had to watch out for, college level there was no easy outs and pros every single player was a threat. Same would apply for football. It definitely gets tougher. Burrow will be in a different world in the NFL.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I’ve got a niece that pitched for UK and went on and played pro ball for the Florida Pride. She said in high school you had 1-2 batters you had to watch out for, college level there was no easy outs and pros every single player was a threat. Same would apply for football. It definitely gets tougher. Burrow will be in a different world in the NFL.
Exactly. I’m not saying Burrow is going to be a bust., but We’ve all witnessed players with tremendous physical tools, struggle in the NFL. Personally, I think Burrow is going to be a great QB in the NFL and I selfishly hope those little, tiny, 9” hands, cause him to fall to my Dolphins at #5.😎
GBO!!

VN Store

Back